Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good News/Bad News

Old 08-09-2014, 12:06 AM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

I rarely drive mine anymore but that's bc I work out of state. When I'm home I don't need to go anywhere unless the track is open
Old 08-09-2014, 08:29 AM
Phil1098

My 06 has 4,200 miles on it, I just bought it a few months ago when it had 2,900 on it. I have a company car that comes home so I don't need a car. I have mine because I really like it and I have a nice car to drive when I want to. It's a garage queen by default, not by design.
Old 08-09-2014, 08:29 AM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by GLOCKer
The good news is that after owning my new Mustang GT and using it as a daily driver, I am not allowed to drive my work vehicle home, so I can keep my car at home in the garage!
I'm afraid I can't make any sense out of this. If you're going to miss not driving the Mustang to work, why would you have ever driven the work vehicle home instead of the Mustang? Especially since that implies having to leave the Mustang overnight in places other than your own driveway or garage.

I ordered my black '08 specifically to be my daily driver, which it was for the next four years. Now that I'm also a retiree, it doesn't have to be driven daily, but when I do go somewhere it's still the car I'm most apt to take even though there are two others not counting my wife's DD to choose from.

Although I probably have the time, I just can't bring myself to obsess over the occasional stone chip or even the bug remains. I'll just touch up the chips and since working in a bent-over position is becoming increasingly uncomfortable and unpleasant I don't get too fussy about the bugs very often. Gratuitous picture showing some 120 mph track day bug suicides. Cleaning them off is the lowest-priority of several automotive matters at the moment.

Norm
Old 08-09-2014, 09:00 AM
GLOCKer
2nd Gear Member

Opps. I typed. I meant to type that I'm now allowed to take home my work vehicle, a 2007 Crown Vic. Driving my Mustang to work was great except I had to either drive it all of the way to work and park way far away because employees in my division are supposed to park on a gravel parking lot and I'd park across the street at a different office on asphalt, or I could drive my car to where I stowed my work car and leave my Mustang there during the day, but then I'd have to worry about people parking next to it in a tight parking lot.

Yeah, I'll miss driving my car during the week, but I'll enjoy the hell out of it during the weekends and keep her looking pretty!
Old 08-09-2014, 12:07 PM
dlazrael
5th Gear Member

you a cop? lol
Old 08-09-2014, 01:32 PM
Cobra Drifter
4th Gear Member

After you get the cips restored out of it, put one of those #M clear bras on and no worries when you drive
Old 08-09-2014, 09:11 PM
ThaiCobra
3rd Gear Member

Filling in the chips is pretty easy if you want them to be gone. I have done about 10 on my 2007 mustang. The factory paint on our cars is pretty bad. They barely use 2 coats so it chips and fades easily.

Just go to paintscratch.com and get the correct paint. I use a pinch of bondo, some primer, then paint, then clear. Once you get a knack for it, you can fill holes so good, you can barely tell anything happened.
Old 08-13-2014, 04:22 PM
RetiredSFC 97
1st Gear Member

I see no reason to rack up miles on a car if you don't have to no matter what kind of car it is. I'm new to Mustangs but I know there are a lot of vette owners who rarely drive their cars and they have them for years and years and get a lot of enjoyment out of them.

I personally love these guys because at some point you can still find a low mileage well cared for car that they enjoyed in their own way, and now someone else gets to enjoy it. Win win.
Old 08-13-2014, 11:09 PM
jz
3rd Gear Member

My 2006 just rolled over 18K miles. It has never been my daily driver. I love taking it out from time to time and it still feeling like a brand new car. My kids love it, and it's a treat for the family when I take everyone for a ride.
Old 08-13-2014, 11:15 PM
roegs
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by RetiredSFC 97
I personally love these guys because at some point you can still find a low mileage well cared for car that they enjoyed in their own way, and now someone else gets to enjoy it. Win win.
I'm not so sure its a win win, but I also love buying low mileage cars from the guys who hardly drive them. I end up paying a slight premium for their cars, but its not near as much as the depreciation hit that the seller took.

I love driving mine and am not saving it for anyone else.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Good News/Bad News