Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good News/Bad News

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2014, 07:18 AM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by RetiredSFC 97
I personally love these guys because at some point you can still find a low mileage well cared for car that they enjoyed in their own way, and now someone else gets to enjoy it. Win win.
It's only a true 'win' for you if you can find such a low mileage well cared for car equipped the same way you'd have chosen a new one. Both with the things you want and without the things you don't.

Norm
Old 08-14-2014, 08:12 AM
Chromeshadow
3rd Gear Member

IMHO, life is too short not to enjoy every drive. I drive my 2012 3.7 nearly every day in Wisconsin-when the weather turns I put on the factory 17" wheels with Michelin winter tires and keep driving. When I'm not driving the Mustang, I'm driving an original Honda Shadow or a 2009 Solstice GXP. We have a 2013 F150 4x4 for extreme weather and for wifee to drive in winter.
I refuse to drive, or let any family member drive a rust bucket in the winter. Winter tires are cheaper than buying and maintaining a second vehicle. I do all of the maintenance on all of our vehicles and keep them looking and running great up to 200,000 miles.
Old 08-15-2014, 11:08 AM
mustang country
2nd Gear Member

Yesterday I had to pick up my car from the body shop after I scratched the front passenger side big time while entering a parking garage last Friday. Before that, I scratced the car in the same place a few years back but the damage wasn't that big and I didn't bother to repair it until this past weekend. That's a risk and a small sacrafice you take when you use your Mustang as a Daily Driver. As much as we want to think of our cars as a classic Rolls Royce or Studebaker, they are not. My car does have a tiny hole in the back bumper probably due to a small rock but it's something I can live with. The best thing to do is enjoy your car.
Old 08-16-2014, 12:18 AM
Rudolph Hucker
4th Gear Member

nothing wrong with taking good car of your car..mine has about 4 tiny stone chips (i never drive close on motorways)
as posted above i only drive mine when it's perfect weather...and when we do take it out it feels special..
the way i keep it everyone stops me and asks me about it..mine will never ever see a drop of rain..hopefully will last me for many years
Old 08-18-2014, 07:43 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

congrats on being able to drive the crown vic home....makes you enjoy driving your mustang that much more when you do!
Old 08-18-2014, 08:26 AM
GTjoe49
2nd Gear Member

+1 on the 3M nose guard. My 74K+ Mustang has endured nose chips like no other car I've owned. It's not perfect, but the plastic sure tales a beating and the paint underneath looks good.

Most of all, enjoy!
Old 08-19-2014, 12:29 AM
kowalski

I too have a company take home vehicle. It lets me drive my Mustang or F-250 when I WANT to, not when I HAVE to. To me, that's a nice option to have. Maybe I missed it, but has anyone tried the new 3M Paint Defender? Easy to find an a local parts store, but seemed a little pricey for the entire kit. If it works as advertised, that may an answer to your paint chip problem. Would like to hear if anyone has tried it.
Old 08-19-2014, 06:57 AM
GLOCKer
2nd Gear Member

I tell you, it's days like today that I'm definitely happy I'm not driving my 'Stang into work everyday. It's miserable out! I enjoy driving my Mustang. I found my drive to and from work in it was boring though; basically I drive two roads, a big boring "L" shaped route to and from work.

The alternative was I could drive it half way to work and then drive my "company" car the rest of the way. It was parked in a tight parking lot with a lot of, ummmm, undesirable traffic. And then there were the maple trees dropping little black sticky drops on everything.

I am not drive my Mustang as much anymore, but I'm sure as glad it's in my garage not having boring miles added to the odometer.

Now I just need to clay bar and wax her!