Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

2005 - 2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by Latemodel Restoration

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 08-12-2014, 10:21 PM   #11
DRock
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2009, Mustang GT/CS

It is because of the damn CMCV things that are incorporated into our intake manifolds. Companies didnt want to spend the $$$$$ to redo a tune that already works for 1 year production car!
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Old 08-13-2014, 07:43 AM   #12
gmoran1469
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2009, Ford, Mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRock View Post
It is because of the damn CMCV things that are incorporated into our intake manifolds. Companies didnt want to spend the $$$$$ to redo a tune that already works for 1 year production car!
Wait, what? Can you explain this further please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmoran1469 View Post
street car but plan on having it for a while and eventually trying to hit 650 rwhp at least
To add more to this, I plan on buying a S/C kit and running stock internals on low boost (7-9 psi). Then eventually swapping to forged internals and increasing boost to around 15+psi.

14" Front/Rear Brakes, Koni STR.T, Eibach Sportline Springs, Steeda HD C/C mounts, Fays2 Watt's Link, UMI 1049 Front-end Links, Steeda Billet LCA-roto/urethane, BMR LCA Reloc. Brackets, Steeda Adj. UCA, Steeda 3rd-link rotobush, SS Brake lines/DOT4, synthetic fluid swap, Stack Racing front strut brace, Roush CAI, Brenspeed 93oct tune street/track, Steeda Ultra-lite 18x9.5, Hawk HPS brake pads, A49 brake ducting

Last edited by gmoran1469; 08-13-2014 at 09:01 AM.
gmoran1469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 01:44 PM   #13
Derf00
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: '08 S197 GT

Quote:
street car but plan on having it for a while and eventually trying to hit 650 rwhp at least
Best start out with fixing up that block to handle that type of HP. Stock block will get you to about 550HP at the flywheel, that's when little things like wrist pins and piston rods start banging about

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostBoyz View Post
if you are getting 29mpg in your 5.0, you aren't driving it correctly
Derf00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 02:11 PM   #14
gmoran1469
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derf00 View Post
Best start out with fixing up that block to handle that type of HP. Stock block will get you to about 550HP at the flywheel, that's when little things like wrist pins and piston rods start banging about
Yeah, see the post above. Planning on low boost until I build the engine.

14" Front/Rear Brakes, Koni STR.T, Eibach Sportline Springs, Steeda HD C/C mounts, Fays2 Watt's Link, UMI 1049 Front-end Links, Steeda Billet LCA-roto/urethane, BMR LCA Reloc. Brackets, Steeda Adj. UCA, Steeda 3rd-link rotobush, SS Brake lines/DOT4, synthetic fluid swap, Stack Racing front strut brace, Roush CAI, Brenspeed 93oct tune street/track, Steeda Ultra-lite 18x9.5, Hawk HPS brake pads, A49 brake ducting
Old 08-13-2014, 03:57 PM   #15
americaniron
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 06 Mustang GT

Quote:
I made it to the 650 rwhp mark, but it wasn't easy or cheap. Sometimes I think I should have just got a used GT500, and modded it instead. There were lots of extra costs in order to do it right.
Old 08-13-2014, 09:39 PM   #16
Simon1
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Mustang GT

I do not get heat soak with my KB under normal driving. I do have a rather large tank for my intercooler water, but even before that it was fine. The big tank was to take care of heat soak at the track.

If the centri blowers use air to air intercoolers which will help with the heat soak. For daily driving or brief spirited runs, you won't notice heat soak.

My overall impression from everyone who have put blowers on their cars is that people tend to be overly happy with the twin screw blowers, even more so than the roots type. But to each their own. All of the OEMs seems to use PD blowers. But IDK...

Do your research. Look around at different set ups of people who have achieved the goals you are thinking about and follow a path that has already been taken. It will be much cheaper and less of a headache.

My engine is almost entirely stock functionally. I do have aftermarket valves and valve springs, but they do not create extra power. The internals are built, blue printed balanced etc. I make 540 rwhp that is driven in all types of dry weather. I run on pump gas and I do not have to tinker with it all that much. Mostly it's just regular maintenance.

Try and do the install yourself. You will thank me later when you need to fix something and understand where everything is and how it works.

Best of luck and keep us posted!!!

Motor Built by ST Motorsports
Tuned By Tony at Tuners Inc

11.05@129
Simon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 02:03 PM   #17
Derf00
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRock View Post
Not sure I understand...all 05-10 mustangs have these. They are an intermediate plate that sits between the intake manifold and the Intake of the head.

Did they incorporate the valves into the actual intake manifold in 2009 (like one piece and not able to remove/replace them without replacing the entire intake)?? That would seem kinda stupid considering the intake is plastic and the valves are metal.

Quote:
Old 08-19-2014, 03:06 PM   #18
gmoran1469
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derf00 View Post
Not sure I understand...all 05-10 mustangs have these. They are an intermediate plate that sits between the intake manifold and the Intake of the head.

Did they incorporate the valves into the actual intake manifold in 2009 (like one piece and not able to remove/replace them without replacing the entire intake)?? That would seem kinda stupid considering the intake is plastic and the valves are metal.
Hrmm... Ya know I've taken off my manifold and I can't remember for the life of me for certain but I want to say YES, they are incorporated. I vividly remember removing butterflys attached to a rod to clean them from all the oil gunk that had built up but I don't remember pulling them off the block but rather the intake manifold.

Old 08-19-2014, 03:22 PM   #19
Derf00
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Hrmm... Ya know I've taken off my manifold and I can't remember for the life of me for certain but I want to say YES, they are incorporated. I vividly remember removing butterflys attached to a rod to clean them from all the oil gunk that had built up but I don't remember pulling them off the block but rather the intake manifold.
http://www.americanmuscle.com/steeda...on-plates.html

Yup, you're right. Look at the 'Note' about 2009+. Hmm, learn something new everyday.

Quote:
Old 08-19-2014, 03:22 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement