Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

opinions on H&R lowering springs?

Old 08-19-2014, 08:35 PM
Lethaldosage423
4th Gear Member

Default opinions on H&R lowering springs?

I want my car to be lower. i plan on doing coil overs next year but i just hate the 4x4 look i have. what makes it worse is parking next to my brothers 13 V6 on ST coil overs. next to his, my car looks like its lifted. (jaybevstang)

Im looking at the H&R springs from american muscle. I know it won't ride as nice as it would if it were on coilovers and I'm okay with that. i just hope it won't be unbearable.

are any of you running the H&R springs with stock struts? How do you like them?
ill be installing a pan hard bar also
Old 08-20-2014, 07:46 AM
AMAlexLazarus
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Lethaldosage423
I want my car to be lower. i plan on doing coil overs next year but i just hate the 4x4 look i have. what makes it worse is parking next to my brothers 13 V6 on ST coil overs. next to his, my car looks like its lifted. (jaybevstang)

Im looking at the H&R springs from american muscle. I know it won't ride as nice as it would if it were on coilovers and I'm okay with that. i just hope it won't be unbearable.

are any of you running the H&R springs with stock struts? How do you like them?
ill be installing a pan hard bar also
Good question! If you're looking for something in the interim I think they make a great product. They'll definitely shrink the gap and make the car not only look 100 times better but it's going to handle, accelerate, and brake more efficiently. Regarding the struts you'll see people go back and forth and you can definitely get away running your factory setup with them before you get into the coils. The ride is honestly not that bad either! Most people tend to think that it's going to be a kidney punching gut buster but it's really liveable. I've run them on an '01 and '08 (Apples to Oranges) I know on PA roads which aren't great to begin with and they're doable. Panhard bar would be a must as well! Let me know if you have any questions or feel free to shoot me a PM and I'm here to help!

Alex
Old 08-23-2014, 04:53 PM
Lethaldosage423
4th Gear Member

Thanks Alex!
ill probably get them when i get back from vacation in september.
anyone else with more input? I guess if i don't like them i can just throw the stock ones back on until i have the money for coilovers or bags.
Old 08-24-2014, 04:35 PM
CMcNam
3rd Gear Member

I have H&R race springs and they're good. I ran them on the stock shocks and struts for a while but didn't realize how bad the ride was until I put on some Konis. Between the new springs and Konis, the ride was completely transformed. The panhard bar can wait until you lower it and see if the axle is offset enough that you need to adjust it (or you can just save for a Watts Link, which blows the panhard bar out of the water).