Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

2005 - 2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by Latemodel Restoration

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 08-21-2014, 09:35 AM   #11
jRaskell
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2014 Mustang GT

There simply isn't a lot of options available to you with the restrictions you're dealing with here.

Any sort of intake work will have minimal or no gains without bumping rev limiter and/or doing a full exhaust upgrade as well.

Your one tangible upgrade is a tune. Nothing else within your limitations is going to provide a noticeable increase in power for the cost.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Old 08-21-2014, 11:37 PM   #12
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jRaskell View Post
There simply isn't a lot of options available to you with the restrictions you're dealing with here.

Any sort of intake work will have minimal or no gains without bumping rev limiter and/or doing a full exhaust upgrade as well.

Your one tangible upgrade is a tune. Nothing else within your limitations is going to provide a noticeable increase in power for the cost.
All you have left is gears and a tune. Good luck.

06 Satin Silver GT - Auto...ROUSH M90 CAI, Afco Dual Fan HE, 4.10s,Truetrac, Detroit Rockers, DSS DS, TCI Rachet Shifter, PA Deep Pan, Eibach Handling, FR P Springs, Strange Shocks/Struts, J&M UCA/LCA, SS Lines/ EBC Slotted/Dimpled Rotors w/Reds, Mickey Thompson SC5, Nitto 255/305, 2011 leather, Pypes LT's/H-Pipe, MBRP Resonators, Borla

2011 NHRA Sportsman Class Hawaii State Champion
12.23 @ 113 mph
808muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 11:09 AM   #13
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: early 2000, 1991, 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by stags View Post
This is a correct me if I am wrong kind of post. Keep in mind, my goal is to have a heck of a fun DD without going FI. I do not drag race, and about as serious as the car will ever get in that respect is autoX. All I want to do is have a better than stock NA GT. Maybe even frustrate some investment banker friends who are convinced no Mustang could ever hang with their Aston.
Then forget the power upgraded and focus on suspension upgrades. Doesn't matter if you have 1000hp or 100hp if you cant keep the tires from spinning and the car under control.

1991 2.3L I4
2000 3.8L V6
2008 4.6L V8
PNYXPRESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 12:48 PM   #14
BrazenStang
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 Mustang GT Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNYXPRESS View Post
Then forget the power upgraded and focus on suspension upgrades. Doesn't matter if you have 1000hp or 100hp if you cant keep the tires from spinning and the car under control.
+1 for suspension. These cars improve drastically from bolt-on suspension mods done right.

You already have 3.73's which are the ideal gears for this car. Any taller and you will lose any effectiveness from 1st gear.

BrazenStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 04:51 PM   #15
Andy13186
4th Gear Member

I went from just tune, to intake+tune and noticed a difference.

other than that though, the power mods dont seem worthwhile so i went with suspension and wheels and tires. This makes the car well rounded and .. excellent imo.
2011 5.0 6 speed manual BAMA tuned with 20x10.5 Forgestar f14's with 315/35/20 BFG Rivals, 19x9's with 275/40/19 Bridgestone Potenza S-04 Pole Position, Koni sport adjustable dampers, Steeda sport springs on the front, stock springs rear, Steeda 101mm CAI, UMI adjustable panhard bar, J&M Extreme joint LCA's, Strano adjustable front sway bar, Eibach camber bolts, Roush axleback
Andy13186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 06:53 PM   #16
Ricardo
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: '07 Mustang GT

I see the issue. You don't realize your car makes more power and goes faster than all but the most exotic cars about 15 years ago. You younger guys (assuming you weren't old enough to drive 15 years ago) have no idea how nice it is to have 400+HP from the factory around $30k yet there seems to be no shortage of being unsatisfied about it around here. The first gen Viper made 400 HP and people considered it a monster.

Anyways, I agree you should get boost and be done with it.

Last edited by Ricardo; 08-22-2014 at 06:56 PM.
Ricardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 06:53 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement