Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is Your Favorite Aftermarket Exhausts for the S197

Old 08-22-2014, 01:49 AM
drewsky
3rd Gear Member

I guess the next question would be 4.6 or 5.0? They sound very different and would say different exhaust for each.. My fav for the 4.6 is the FRPP stingers. For the 5.0 I'd go either borla or roush
Old 08-22-2014, 06:42 AM
GLOCKer
2nd Gear Member

I'm running the 11' GT 500 axle backs on mine with the resonators deleted. It's not the loudest, but it has a nice raspiness and crackle to it at just the right time!
Old 08-22-2014, 07:09 AM
Goldenpony
5th Gear Member

Corsa, of course.
Old 08-22-2014, 07:12 AM
Aluminator

I really like the Roush Exhaust I have. It has a very distinct sound that most Mustangs don't...so it gets a little attention.
Old 08-22-2014, 09:13 AM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 808muscle
Yeah I gotta agree Borlas. I tried 6 setups (flowmaster AT, Magnapacks etc.) before finally getting Borlas. By far the best IMO. Here is a flyby at 110 mph!

Nasty GT Evan C6 - YouTube
Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle
flowmaster on old stangs. and I really dig Borla on the S197's, especially the Coyotes. I've had flowmaster on many cars, but not this one.
Originally Posted by Siber Express
Borla, from Mild to Wild
I agree. Borla is an awesome setup especially with the Coyote's. The ATAK setup on the 2011-14 GT's sounds amazing.
Old 08-22-2014, 09:19 AM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by GLOCKer
I'm running the 11' GT 500 axle backs on mine with the resonators deleted. It's not the loudest, but it has a nice raspiness and crackle to it at just the right time!
I've heard a lot of good things about that setup I just never heard it in person.

Originally Posted by Goldenpony
Corsa, of course.
From videos of their exhaust setups I've never been a big fan of Corsa. I've watched tons of youtube videos with their setups and never really liked the sound it produced but we all know videos don't do anything justice so I can't judge.

Originally Posted by Aluminator
I really like the Roush Exhaust I have. It has a very distinct sound that most Mustangs don't...so it gets a little attention.
I agree. The Roush axle-backs give off a great sound and even a better sound when combined with an off-road x-pipe and LT headers.
Old 08-22-2014, 09:22 AM
BrazenStang
3rd Gear Member

Off-road X Pipe + Flowmaster Outlaws. Its loud as hell, but the tone is awesome!

For a more mild tone I have GT500 axle backs. That + Off-road x pipe is a sweet sound too.
Old 08-22-2014, 10:13 AM
TheDivaDanielle
3rd Gear Member

That doesn't sound bad at all. Personally my dislike of the Flowmasters on the new coyote is thta to me they don't have that flowmaster sound. It's partly from the mufflers being so far back, but it's also the flathead firing order of the Coyote
Old 08-22-2014, 12:38 PM
BrazenStang
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle
That doesn't sound bad at all. Personally my dislike of the Flowmasters on the new coyote is thta to me they don't have that flowmaster sound. It's partly from the mufflers being so far back, but it's also the flathead firing order of the Coyote
I agree. The outlaws are pretty much a straight through pipe. Even on the 4.6 they don't have the "flowmaster" sound that people are used to.

Also, I wasn't the biggest fan of the sound with just the axleback and I planned to change to off-road X with GT500. Once I got the off-road X I fell in love with the sound and left the flowmasters. It is much better now
Old 08-22-2014, 01:59 PM
cema93
2nd Gear Member

MAC mufflers or boom tubes

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What is Your Favorite Aftermarket Exhausts for the S197