Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

2005 - 2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by Latemodel Restoration

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 08-30-2014, 03:58 PM   #1
iMuf
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Mustang GT
Default Body Kit vs No Body Kit

Hey guys, so I have been going back and fourth about keeping my Mustang or trading up to a newer one. I think I decided to keep mine and just get crazy with it with forged internals, supercharger, etc. Well I just had cams installed and I think I'm going to start doing some more visual stuff and fixing some of the issues with my car.

As it sits my car needs a new front bumper, the previous owner managed to crack it where it screws in under the hood on both spots. So the bumper sags a little bit. It also needs new rocker panels, again the previous owner curbed the car and the passenger side has some deep scratches all the way down. the length of the rocker panel. And then I want to replace the wing because I like a ducktail style spoiler more than the stock wing that comes on it.

My question is, what do you guys think of some of the body kits out there? I have leaned towards doing this kit, http://www.cervinis.com/05-09mustang...ut-wheels.html , I like it because it goes old school with it which is what I want. My whole build is going more to the old school side of things. And the price isn't to bad seeing as how much stuff you get with it. I have also thought about doing the Roush front bumper and rocker panels and then a GT500 rear bumper and wing.

I know for most people less is more, but what does everyone think of the cervini's kit vs other combo I listed?
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
iMuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 04:09 PM   #2
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 1995 mustang GT
ItsUrFuneral

I bought my car with a cervini kit already installed. I can only recomend to have it professionally installed. The previous owner did his own work and it shows!
ENGINE363 fully forged dart engine on the way with more spray!TRANNY C4 with trans brake, 3800 stall, 9in. raceconverter, hurst shifter REAR Moser 35 spline kit with spool, FRPP 3.73 gearsSUSPENION UPR pro street Uppers & lower control arms, Strange 10 way dampers, coilovers up front, BBK sub frame connectors, UPR Tube K-member & A-arms10.57@123.9 (OLD 5.0)
2011 CamaroSS 12.34@110.92
bluebeastsrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 04:59 PM   #3
jz
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 06 mustang GT

I'm not a huge fan of full body kits, but if you're going to do one I think the Cervinis kit is the best looking one.

06 GT. Steeda Hood, Bumper, F&R sway bars, strut tower brace, struts/shocks, sport springs, HD strut mounts, UDP's, delete plates. Hawk Brake pads. Power Slot Rotors. Goodridge Braided brake Lines. BMR combo UCA, combo/adj LCA's, LCA relocation brackets, adj panhard bar, panhard bar brace. Pro 5.0 shifter. K&N CAI. Magnaflow Magnapacks cat back. FRPP 4.10's. BAMACHIPS SCT 93 tune.
jz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 01:00 AM   #4
cruisin5268d
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2013 GT/CS Convertible & 2010 GT Premium

If you do go the body kit route, don't get some cheap ebay junk and get pro help installing it.
cruisin5268d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 01:19 AM   #5
dlazrael
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 08 Ford Mustang GT
DLAzrael43 DLAzrael
Send a message via AIM to dlazrael Send a message via Yahoo to dlazrael

I like that cervinis, or you could get gt/cs front/rear, or the roush mix your thinking of...
Go Fast Parts: 2.3L W140AX FRPP Whipple 550 HO Supercharger, PCV Delete, Pypes Violators Axleback, MAC Prochamber, FRPP 62mm Polished TB
Suspension: Steeda: Front/Rear Sways, Sport Springs, Pro-Action S/S, Chromoly LCA, Chromoly UCA, GT500 Strut Mounts
Driveline:Steeda Tri-Ax, DSS 4" Aluminum DS
Show:GT500 Spoiler, GT500 Chinstrap (awaiting install), GTS-IV Hood
dlazrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 04:58 PM   #6
Wil
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2010 Mustang GT

I always loved the Cervini Eleanor kits, the side exhaust is sexy as hell IMO.
Appearance: 20" Saleen Rims wrapped with 555 Nittos. Cervini 2.5" Cowl Hood and side scoop. GT/CS front w/ Boss Splitter, Retro Solutions 55 W 6000K HID's, DG Custom Window Louvers, 3D Carbon GT500 Spoiler, Roush side splitters, GT500 rear valance, Eleanor Grill & Tint 35/20%
Wil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 05:24 PM   #7
The01Cav
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2009 Ford Mustang Pony

I have a 3dCarbon setup on my car, not too ricey and keeps the car clean.

Click the image to open in full size.

http://3dcarbon.com/style_kits.asp?I...=2&l3=14&l4=31
Borla Touring Catback, Kooks Long Tube Headers, Kooks Catted X-Pipe, JLT Intake, SCT X4 93 Tune, Eibach Sportlines, 15% Tint, Roush 3pc Spoiler, 3dCarbon Blackout panel, 3dCarbon 4pc Pony Kit, Kaenen 3" Cowl Hood, Painted Mirror Caps, Sequential Tails, Boss 338 Wheels, Federal 595EVO Tires

Mods waiting to be installed. BBK 70MM Throttlebody
The01Cav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 10:01 PM   #8
ThaiCobra
3rd Gear Member

The cervini one is over the top and gay.

If anything, I just recommend using the GT500 parts to go for that look.

It's the smoothest, and most stylish look.

Streetscene makes some good stuff too, if you are stuck on the bodykit route:

Old 09-01-2014, 08:47 AM   #9
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005 Mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by jz View Post
I'm not a huge fan of full body kits, but if you're going to do one I think the Cervinis kit is the best looking one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisin5268d View Post
If you do go the body kit route, don't get some cheap ebay junk and get pro help installing it.
+1, no body kit for me
Old 09-01-2014, 05:07 PM   #10
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Mustang GT

I cannot say enough about the Roush front bumper kit. It totally transforms the front end of our cars. Parked next to the new 5.0s my car doesnt look so dated at all. I totally love this bumper. Fitment is perfect, as you would expect since its from Roush. Really a simple install too. Did it with a buddy helping, no issues at all. I run the GT500 rear spoiler too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MG_19232085524556.jpg (48.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 5Q0A1341.jpg (45.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg MG_19216427046021.jpg (48.6 KB, 6 views)

06 Satin Silver GT - Auto...ROUSH M90 CAI, Afco Dual Fan HE, 4.10s,Truetrac, Detroit Rockers, Moroso, DSS DS, TCI Rachet Shifter, PA Deep Pan, Eibach Handling, FR P Springs, Strange Shocks/Struts, J&M UCA/LCA, SS Lines/ EBC Slotted/Dimpled Rotors w/Reds, Mickey Thompson SC5, Nitto 255/305, 2011 leather, Pypes LT's/H-Pipe, MBRP Resonators, Borla

2014 Pro Street 12.90 Class...Season Points Runner Up
808muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 05:07 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement