Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

more problems popped up

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 09:47 AM
13'GT Black
1st Gear Member

Default more problems popped up

I was reading allfordmustang forum and saw thread about trunk deckled panel adhesive coming off. So i went out to check my and its the same. The center of the deckled panel is sticking out and on top of that the clearcoat around the faux cap is also coming off. Car is not even 2 years old and i had numerous problems already including engine tick lately. This is serously my first and last stang.
Old 09-02-2014, 12:00 PM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by 13'GT Black
I was reading allfordmustang forum and saw thread about trunk deckled panel adhesive coming off. So i went out to check my and its the same. The center of the deckled panel is sticking out and on top of that the clearcoat around the faux cap is also coming off. Car is not even 2 years old and i had numerous problems already including engine tick lately. This is serously my first and last stang.
Hello 13’GT Black,

I recommend you get it looked at by your Ford Dealer. Also, let me get this escalated to the customer service manager for you area. Please, PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

Deysha
Old 09-02-2014, 12:10 PM
13'GT Black
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by FordService
Hello 13’GT Black,

I recommend you get it looked at by your Ford Dealer. Also, let me get this escalated to the customer service manager for you area. Please, PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

Deysha
Thanks i will soon. My schedule is really packed throughout the week. If im not in school, im at work and i dont have a off day.
Old 09-03-2014, 08:28 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Thanks i will soon. My schedule is really packed throughout the week. If im not in school, im at work and i dont have a off day.
I understand, 13’GT Black. Keep me posted.

Deysha
Old 09-03-2014, 08:59 AM
jz78817
4th Gear Member

Yeah, the coating is peeling off of the Ford badge on my Ranger's tailgate. A co worker had the "Hybrid" badges on her MKZ de-laminate, and the replacement ones from the dealer have delaminated within 6 months.

Peeling/cracked badges really scream "high quality." What garbage.
Old 09-03-2014, 12:51 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jz78817
Yeah, the coating is peeling off of the Ford badge on my Ranger's tailgate. A co worker had the "Hybrid" badges on her MKZ de-laminate, and the replacement ones from the dealer have delaminated within 6 months.

Peeling/cracked badges really scream "high quality." What garbage.
The one on the front of my dad's 2008 F150 has completely faded away after cracking/peeling.
Old 09-03-2014, 03:03 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Maybe you missed the "DO NOT DRIVE OR STORE OUTDOORS" warning?
Old 09-04-2014, 10:45 AM
04stangman
2nd Gear Member

Sorry about the problems bro... I got a '14 Gt500 a few months ago, paid top dollar and Ive have nothing but issue after issue too... Its really getting old.
Old 09-04-2014, 01:50 PM
2cokeman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 04stangman
Sorry about the problems bro... I got a '14 Gt500 a few months ago, paid top dollar and Ive have nothing but issue after issue too... Its really getting old.
Really? please tell us?
Old 09-04-2014, 03:56 PM
13'GT Black
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 04stangman
Mine is the same thing and its annoying as hell. I can never have a piece of mind with the car, it seems theres always something with the car. This is my first car ever and its turning into a nightmare.

I feel your pain, i actually have seen your thread from the day you traded your car in for this gt500 and the problems you had till this day. I hope they sort everything out for you. After all most are minor annoying problems but hey at least you dont have a engine tick like i do and many others.

Quick Reply: more problems popped up