Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

crazy f*cking week

Old 09-08-2014, 10:52 PM
tbear853
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by cruisin5268d
Don't be "that guy" that pressures his LE friends into talking a coworker into dropping a ticket. Generally speaking, your buddy just said that to get you to shutup and he's never going to talk to the officer that pulled you over.
You are so right about that! I'ld either tell him "not gonna ask" or else just let it drop and if ever asked again .... "ummm ... no, I didn't" ..... 'cause no officer wants to get the rep of being "that officer" either (the one who will ask another for those favors) .... certainly not in the outfit I worked my career in.
I'll even go so far as to say if his "buddy" sees his comments here and maybe was gonna ask .... he'll forget asking fast enough.
With the tone of your post I can pretty well guess why he wrote you the ticket.....
Well .... I'ld allow as it maybe not "why" he wrote it (and I agree, it wasn't because of the "car") .... maybe he was doing 47 when checked and time he looked down or let up, it had dropped? Maybe he let up and 39 was the low reading of a slowing car? Maybe he had already stated he was writing the low end before .... the rest of the story?
Only "they know" .... but for sure .... if not why he wrote it, it is certainly enough reason to not just kick it loose altogether.

Last edited by tbear853; 09-08-2014 at 10:56 PM.
Old 09-08-2014, 10:53 PM
13'GT Black
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by cruisin5268d
Don't be "that guy" that pressures his LE friends into talking a coworker into dropping a ticket. Generally speaking, your buddy just said that to get you to shutup and he's never going to talk to the officer that pulled you over. With the tone of your post I can pretty well guess why he wrote you the ticket.....

You were speeding, you admit it, now pay the ticket or take defensive driving (if an option). Don't be a brat about it, man up and take responsibility for your actions. It doesn't matter if you were 5 over or 15 over - you were over the posted speed limit.
lol read first then post. I didnt called him specifically to help me drop ticket. I was ranting how bad of a day i was having, he offered to help me. We are close, we went to high school and college together. What tone, i cant have a bad day rant? Something is up your ***, tell me. Couple trolls i see on here trying to twist my words and story.

Last edited by 13'GT Black; 09-08-2014 at 10:56 PM.
Old 09-08-2014, 11:10 PM
tbear853
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 13'GT Black
lol read first then post. I didnt called him specifically to help me drop ticket. I was ranting how bad of a day i was having, he offered to help me. We are close, we went to high school and college together. What tone, i cant have a bad day rant? Something is up your ***, tell me. Couple trolls i see on here trying to twist my words and story.
Ranting about the fact that you got a ticket is one thing, and it's OK if it helps you. Bad mouthing an officer or their co-workers however is not a way to ..... say .... "engender" yourself to them.
On top of all the things happend this week, today i got a F*cking ticket for driving 39 at 30 zone.....while everyone else is driving 40-45. I for some reason got pulled over. I think it had to do with being the only sport car at the time.
Im still pissed off about the ticket, this is my first ticket ever in almost 6 years of driving. Now i have to buy "pigs" $131 worth of donuts.
I guess i just met an A hole today. Everyone else seem to get away with murder (speeding) but me and i was driving the slowest. This A hole was try to tell me i was going 47 and he was nice enough to write me down for 39.
Hey, I got tickets, got 9 when I was a young toad myself, almost stopped me from getting on the state .... and the Trooper who did my background wrote a couple of them ... and while I thought I was toast .... he did the investigation and gave me a great recommendation.
I never once had an ill thought about an officer who happened to catch me. I never had one accuse me of anything but what I knew I did. It didn't matter who else was guilty of what, fact was "I was". I took chances, I got caught. I didn't like it, I never said the tickets didn't hurt my wallet or my "style" (60 days suspension once for two movers in 12 months). It was after all, my fault.

I'm sure that the tire is OK.

Last edited by tbear853; 09-08-2014 at 11:20 PM.
Old 09-08-2014, 11:40 PM
JJHoover
2nd Gear Member

Don't bitch at a police officer because you ****ed up. Man up and pay the ticket, it may be understandable that you do not like having to pay the ticket but your ranting and raving about it is not. If you do not want to contribute to the "Pigs $131 worth of donuts" then do not speed. If you feel the Police officer is wrong then take it to court.
Old 09-08-2014, 11:48 PM
13'GT Black
1st Gear Member

Last edited by 13'GT Black; 09-09-2014 at 12:12 AM.
Old 09-09-2014, 05:54 AM
GLOCKer
2nd Gear Member

As a person who's gotten a speeding ticket before, I can say I understand how the OP felt and why he posted. Hell, when I got my one speeding ticket, the officer probably saved my life (fell asleep going down hill with the cruise control on, and then the speed limited lowered, and the officer woke me up). But when I saw I was going to have to pay a bunch of money when I didn't have one penny of a disposable income, I was very angry. IMO it's ok to come on a forum and bitch about it. I didn't pick up anything from his tone that said cops are a-holes. I kinda suspect myself that the officer clocked him at a higher speed and lowered it. With LIDAR being so accurate and all, mistaken identity isn't likely. And like I said, I don't know many officers that would write a person just for 9 over.

I haven't written speed since September of 2007. I am just not into speed enforcement (unless it's ridiculous speeding or it contributed to a dumb a-- wreck).
Old 09-09-2014, 05:58 AM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Unfortunately, there are some cops that do write based on vehicle. Happened to me back when my '00 was brand new. Pulled me literally out of the middle of a group of 6 cars, as I was the only sports coupe. Found out later after I payed the ticket that the cop was known for doing that as he was jealous of people that had nice brand new sports cars. He didn't last long at the dept either.

Last edited by PNYXPRESS; 09-09-2014 at 07:49 AM.
Old 09-09-2014, 06:06 AM
99GTvert
is my username.

Anyone ever overtighten lug nuts?

If your tire has not lost air then that's a good sign but you could also have a tire shop look at it to be sure.
Old 09-09-2014, 01:18 PM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by GLOCKer
I gotta tell you; as a cop myself, I don't know anyone who says, "I'm going to pull that car over because it's a sports car." We couldn't care less. Really. I've heard this before and it's asinine.

About as asinine as writing someone for 9mph over. Hell, most of us where I work don't put people on the curb until 10 over, and most of us wont write you until 15 over.
Same as you and I agree. I used to work a section of freeway where 90% of our tickets were for over 100 mph. So my tolerance was pretty high.

Why stop someone for 9 over when someone 15 over will come in right behind them?
Old 09-09-2014, 01:21 PM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by PNYXPRESS
Unfortunately, there are some cops that do write based on vehicle. Happened to me back when my '00 was brand new. Pulled me literally out of the middle of a group of 6 cars, as I was the only sports coupe. Found out later after I payed the ticket that the cop was known for doing that as he was jealous of people that had nice brand new sports cars. He didn't last long at the dept either.
I usually choose:

1. The fastest or the leader of the pack.
2. The one following too closely or driving more aggressive
3. The largest (mini-vans, SUVs etc, usually with kids and stuff)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: crazy f*cking week