Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

crazy f*cking week

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2014, 04:35 PM
dlazrael
5th Gear Member

The only time recently that I've been pulled, the officer had me dead to right. I was behind a minivan on a 2 lane country road... limit of 45, the damn minivan was doing 35, soon as there was a passing lane I pulled out to pass... he started to speed up once I was beside him... so... I just dropped the loud hammer.... yea, Sheriff's office was coming in the oncoming lane... had me dead to rights, I just pulled over and waited... THAT got me a warning (verbal), 76 in a 45...
Old 09-11-2014, 10:57 AM
mustang country
2nd Gear Member

The best thing to d oif you don't want to add pointsto your insurance is go to traffic school. I doubt that you got pulled over because you drive a Mustang because I know there are cops that are also Mustang owners. I am sure you were at the wrong place at the wrong time. Also, I know the cops down here can be real harda***s most of the times.
Old 09-11-2014, 01:40 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Originally Posted by luckydawg003
Good info to know pnyxpress. Usually I go 10-15 over. Be glad the ticket is only for 10 over. I'm fighting a over 35 mph ticket now. These mustangs are quick lol.
In AZ, 20mph over the posted speed (or faster than 80 on the freeway) can land you in jail and your car impounded. Personally, at 35 you're lucky you didn't hit someone pulling out of a driveway or pulling out in front of you. You woulda been fugged and damn deserving of it.
Old 09-11-2014, 01:44 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Originally Posted by mustang country
The best thing to d oif you don't want to add pointsto your insurance is go to traffic school. I doubt that you got pulled over because you drive a Mustang because I know there are cops that are also Mustang owners. I am sure you were at the wrong place at the wrong time. Also, I know the cops down here can be real harda***s most of the times.
Or he is leaving out some details that would have contributed to him getting pulled over or getting a ticket...

Arguing with a cop is the quickest way to talk your way out of what could've been a simple warning. Especially if "everyone else" was passing him.

Anyways, go to traffic school and be done with it. As for the nail, you're fine. If the tire didn't puncture then the tire still has it's performance rating. You'd be surprised how many slits and non-puncture holes your tires actually have by the time you replace them.
Old 09-11-2014, 02:59 PM
kingstrider
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by dlazrael
The only time recently that I've been pulled, the officer had me dead to right. I was behind a minivan on a 2 lane country road... limit of 45, the damn minivan was doing 35, soon as there was a passing lane I pulled out to pass... he started to speed up once I was beside him... so... I just dropped the loud hammer.... yea, Sheriff's office was coming in the oncoming lane... had me dead to rights, I just pulled over and waited... THAT got me a warning (verbal), 76 in a 45...
I work in the tower and park behind PSD. Is your Mustang the silver and black one?
Old 09-11-2014, 05:52 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by GLOCKer
"I'm going to pull that car over because it's a sports car."
About 4 years back, I was pulled over for failing to come to a complete stop at a stop sign ("California roll").
He gave me a verbal warning, but according to Texas statute, he had every right in his powers to write me a moving violation citation.

He was a young guy, definitely early twenties, and he asked me about my car. At that time, I had just bought it brand new and very few S197s had the sequential tail lights. We remained there on the side of the road talking about cars for a good 20 or 30 minutes before he looked at his watch and said he had to go. If he wasn't on the clock, we probably would have spent all day talking cars.
Old 09-14-2014, 02:25 PM
GTRaider
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 13'GT Black
On top of all the things happend this week, today i got a F*cking ticket for driving 39 at 30 zone.....while everyone else is driving 40-45. I for some reason got pulled over. I think it had to do with being the only sport car at the time. To make matter worse, after getting the ticket i heard a rear noise driving in low speed. I stepped out to look its a f*cking nail in my driver rear tire. Got home pulled the nail and noticed it was a slightly less than 1/2 inch nail but no puncture. I was slightly relieved, should i be worried? will it be a problem with hard driving or high speed?

Also when i pulled the wheel off, i used the factory wrench to put the lugs back as tight as it can be. Will it be ok or i need a torque wrench?
Im still pissed off about the ticket, this is my first ticket ever in almost 6 years of driving. Now i have to buy "pigs" $131 worth of donuts.
No comment regarding your ticket but your "pigs" comment was uncalled for IMO.

You question about the torque on the lug nuts deserves an answer. Pretty much anyone with a "sports car" should probably have a torque wrench in the tool set. I have a decent one but if you don't work on cars all the time, maybe one of those from Harbor Freight at about $22 would be adequate for checking lug nuts. Having the correct 100 ft/lbs or having 95 or 105 ft/lbs is less important than having consistent torque on all the lugs to avoid warped rotors. I don't trust the so called Torque Sticks used in tire shops and will always check the torque with my own wrench when I get home. Maybe they're OK but I know my torque wrench is.
Old 09-14-2014, 04:35 PM
GLOCKer
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by GTRaider

You question about the torque on the lug nuts deserves an answer. Pretty much anyone with a "sports car" should probably have a torque wrench in the tool set. I have a decent one but if you don't work on cars all the time, maybe one of those from Harbor Freight at about $22 would be adequate for checking lug nuts. Having the correct 100 ft/lbs or having 95 or 105 ft/lbs is less important than having consistent torque on all the lugs to avoid warped rotors. I don't trust the so called Torque Sticks used in tire shops and will always check the torque with my own wrench when I get home. Maybe they're OK but I know my torque wrench is.
Funny thing, and I know we're getting off topic here; but I bought my first torque wrench this week to change the wheels out on my Mustang. Not only that, but I had bought an air impact wrench last year that I had never used before, and between those two tools, it made changing the tires so damn easy! I zipped the lug nuts off with the impact gun, then with the setting switched to forward and low torque, zipped them back on, and then did the final tightening all around with the torque wrench. So much easier and correct than how I used to do it!
Old 09-14-2014, 05:54 PM
13'GT Black
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by GTRaider

It is alittle uncalled for but i was frustrated at the time.

Im planning to get a torque wrench tomorrow or so. It will come handy when i dip my wheels next month. I already driven about 100miles now, brakes havent pulsate yet. My rotor arent wraped are they?

Now when i get the torque wrench, can i loosen and retorque while wheels are on the ground?
Should i get 1/2 in torque wrench? This are acorn lug nut correct?

Last edited by 13'GT Black; 09-14-2014 at 08:46 PM.
Old 09-15-2014, 08:58 AM
RetiredSFC 97
1st Gear Member

I've always been curious why someone would get pulled over when everyone on the road is speeding. My tactics must work though, if everyone is speeding, I still don't. Because I'm that guy who will get a ticket for going 2 miles over if one was ever issued.

Quick Reply: crazy f*cking week