Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

crazy f*cking week

Old 09-08-2014, 02:23 PM
13'GT Black
1st Gear Member

Default crazy f*cking week

On top of all the things happend this week, today i got a F*cking ticket for driving 39 at 30 zone.....while everyone else is driving 40-45. I for some reason got pulled over. I think it had to do with being the only sport car at the time. To make matter worse, after getting the ticket i heard a rear noise driving in low speed. I stepped out to look its a f*cking nail in my driver rear tire. Got home pulled the nail and noticed it was a slightly less than 1/2 inch nail but no puncture. I was slightly relieved, should i be worried? will it be a problem with hard driving or high speed?

Also when i pulled the wheel off, i used the factory wrench to put the lugs back as tight as it can be. Will it be ok or i need a torque wrench?
Im still pissed off about the ticket, this is my first ticket ever in almost 6 years of driving. Now i have to buy "pigs" $131 worth of donuts.

Last edited by 13'GT Black; 09-08-2014 at 02:34 PM.
Old 09-08-2014, 03:34 PM
2cokeman
5th Gear Member

Plenty of times pulled nails out without punctures, if there is no air loss then problem solved.
Old 09-08-2014, 04:27 PM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 13'GT Black
On top of all the things happend this week, today i got a F*cking ticket for driving 39 at 30 zone.....while everyone else is driving 40-45. I for some reason got pulled over. I think it had to do with being the only sport car at the time. To make matter worse, after getting the ticket i heard a rear noise driving in low speed. I stepped out to look its a f*cking nail in my driver rear tire. Got home pulled the nail and noticed it was a slightly less than 1/2 inch nail but no puncture. I was slightly relieved, should i be worried? will it be a problem with hard driving or high speed?

Also when i pulled the wheel off, i used the factory wrench to put the lugs back as tight as it can be. Will it be ok or i need a torque wrench?
Im still pissed off about the ticket, this is my first ticket ever in almost 6 years of driving. Now i have to buy "pigs" $131 worth of donuts.
Sorry to hear of the problems, and glad to see the nail appears to be a minor issue. Hate to be the one to say it, but speeding is speeding, and you run the risk of a ticket any time you do it. Do I speed? Sure, but I'm okay rolling those dice. The idea that you can go up to 10mph over is a general rule of thumb, but officers have discretion. They probably saw the Stang speeding and figured you were more likely to speed more often than the "slower" looking cars.

Old 09-08-2014, 04:39 PM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Wow that sucks. You gotta be doing something really stupid for me to write a speeding ticket. I will say though that florida statute states any thing 1-6 mph over is a warning only. Fine amounts start at 7 mph over.
Old 09-08-2014, 05:03 PM
luckydawg003
4th Gear Member

Good info to know pnyxpress. Usually I go 10-15 over. Be glad the ticket is only for 10 over. I'm fighting a over 35 mph ticket now. These mustangs are quick lol.
Old 09-08-2014, 07:08 PM
GLOCKer
2nd Gear Member

I gotta tell you; as a cop myself, I don't know anyone who says, "I'm going to pull that car over because it's a sports car." We couldn't care less. Really. I've heard this before and it's asinine.

About as asinine as writing someone for 9mph over. Hell, most of us where I work don't put people on the curb until 10 over, and most of us wont write you until 15 over.
Old 09-08-2014, 07:30 PM
Genxer
1st Gear Member

I usually go 5 over on the interstate, but like getting to speed ASAP, lol.

I will never understand why pickup and SUV drivers think they can go fast, safely. They are some of the fastest and rudest drivers on the road here in Texas.
Old 09-08-2014, 07:54 PM
Cobrakev
3rd Gear Member

Glocker, what county you work in? You shoot the GSSF Matches?
Old 09-08-2014, 08:47 PM
13'GT Black
1st Gear Member

I was driving like normal, not stepping on it, just cruising at 39mph. I guess i just met an A hole today. Everyone else seem to get away with murder (speeding) but me and i was driving the slowest. This A hole was try to tell me i was going 47 and he was nice enough to write me down for 39. I didnt argue with him but inside i knew he was out to get me and theres nothing i can do at that time since i did technically went over the speed limit.

I called my friend today whos also a police officer that works in my area. I told him about the ticket, just ranting and he told me hell try to see if he could get him to drop it. Hopefully it works out. Almost 6 years of driving and never got a ticket, im trying to keep it this way.
Old 09-08-2014, 10:29 PM
cruisin5268d
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 13'GT Black
I was driving like normal, not stepping on it, just cruising at 39mph. I guess i just met an A hole today. Everyone else seem to get away with murder (speeding) but me and i was driving the slowest. This A hole was try to tell me i was going 47 and he was nice enough to write me down for 39. I didnt argue with him but inside i knew he was out to get me and theres nothing i can do at that time since i did technically went over the speed limit.

I called my friend today whos also a police officer that works in my area. I told him about the ticket, just ranting and he told me hell try to see if he could get him to drop it. Hopefully it works out. Almost 6 years of driving and never got a ticket, im trying to keep it this way.
Don't be "that guy" that pressures his LE friends into talking a coworker into dropping a ticket. Generally speaking, your buddy just said that to get you to shutup and he's never going to talk to the officer that pulled you over. With the tone of your post I can pretty well guess why he wrote you the ticket.....

You were speeding, you admit it, now pay the ticket or take defensive driving (if an option). Don't be a brat about it, man up and take responsibility for your actions. It doesn't matter if you were 5 over or 15 over - you were over the posted speed limit.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: crazy f*cking week