Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yay or Nay to fender emblem?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2014, 01:04 PM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

For now, I think I am going to leave it badge less. Thanks for everyone's input!
Old 09-29-2014, 05:41 PM
techno
1st Gear Member

I say
Nay
Old 10-01-2014, 10:33 AM
RenGen
Banned

I vote no, I prefer a clean look. Nice rims though, and it's good to see a person with a black stang that actualyl takes care of it.
Old 10-03-2014, 02:41 PM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

Default HAHAHA, Thanks!

Originally Posted by RenGen
I vote no, I prefer a clean look. Nice rims though, and it's good to see a person with a black stang that actualyl takes care of it.
Thanks! Trying to keep a black car clean is a full-time job. LOL
Old 10-11-2014, 11:01 PM
matt5058

Sorry to revive an old thread but I didn't see any way to send a private message (I'm a noob) but Kevin, just wanted to see if I could get some more info from you on your car. Not a fan of the 4.0 decal but the rest of the car looks great. I saw some pics of it randomly when doing some image searches on the google. Didn't it have Saleen stripes on the bottom of the doors?

I wanted to ask you about those stripes, where you got them, and also about the specifics on those Cobra R rims. If you wouldn't mind letting me know more about both, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Cheers.
Old 10-13-2014, 02:55 PM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by matt5058
Sorry to revive an old thread but I didn't see any way to send a private message (I'm a noob) but Kevin, just wanted to see if I could get some more info from you on your car. Not a fan of the 4.0 decal but the rest of the car looks great. I saw some pics of it randomly when doing some image searches on the google. Didn't it have Saleen stripes on the bottom of the doors?

I wanted to ask you about those stripes, where you got them, and also about the specifics on those Cobra R rims. If you wouldn't mind letting me know more about both, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Cheers.
Hey, Matt!

I removed the OEM Saleen Faded stripes due to them looking kind of beat up. I purchased them off of an EBAY seller that sold OEM Saleen Silver Faded Stripes.

In reference my wheels, they are 20" silver Cobra R (replica) wheels.The Cobra R wheels were on the car when I purchased it used from the dealership. I also have spacers, however I am not sure what size they are. Tire size: (255/35/20R)

Unfortunately, the company discontinued making these wheels and they are hard to find for the S197s. I was searching for replacement wheels due to two of the rims being slightly bent. Unfortunately, I couldn't locate any online and had a company fix my bent wheels.
If you have any other questions, ask away!

Last edited by kevinmalec; 10-13-2014 at 02:57 PM.
Old 10-14-2014, 06:51 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by kevinmalec
Hey, Matt!

I removed the OEM Saleen Faded stripes due to them looking kind of beat up. I purchased them off of an EBAY seller that sold OEM Saleen Silver Faded Stripes.

In reference my wheels, they are 20" silver Cobra R (replica) wheels.The Cobra R wheels were on the car when I purchased it used from the dealership. I also have spacers, however I am not sure what size they are. Tire size: (255/35/20R)

Unfortunately, the company discontinued making these wheels and they are hard to find for the S197s. I was searching for replacement wheels due to two of the rims being slightly bent. Unfortunately, I couldn't locate any online and had a company fix my bent wheels.
If you have any other questions, ask away!
If I had to guess Kevin, I'd bet those rims are 20x8.5's.
Old 10-14-2014, 07:02 AM
audioAl
4th Gear Member

Default 2014 DIB 3.7 w/ sport shift "Blue Cyclone"

Originally Posted by 2cokeman
That emblem looks really good but it fine higher because it is long and thin ,IMO
Thanks Cokeman, I am just getting started on the new pony.
Old 10-14-2014, 09:30 AM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

Smile

Originally Posted by 05 Mustang
If I had to guess Kevin, I'd bet those rims are 20x8.5's.
Cam,
That would be my guess too. =)
I absolutely LOVE the color of your Boss!
Old 10-14-2014, 12:02 PM
matt5058

<<<@!1!@>>>

Kevin, thanks much for getting back to me. If you can find some new Saleen stripes, you should put some back on...the car was perfect with the black + Saleen stripes + Cobra R rim combo. Only thing I'd do is tint the windows dark as possible. Love the car still though, such a unique look compared to many newer Stangs I've seen on the forums.

I've found some Cobra R rims in 20x8.5 and 20x10 but I am not sure if these will fit on the S197 Stangs, possibly with a spacer? Do you have spacers on yours? I think I saw somewhere you said that you had bought the car with the rims and spacers?

http://www.lastcallracing.com/wheels-20-inch-rims.html

These aren't exactly the same though, they are only in either Chrome or Chrome with the rivets. I much prefer the standard silver like yours. If you hear of anything or come across any leads on finding another set of these, please let me know.

The only other thing I've found is the same wheel in a black/chrome finish with the chrome outer lip, which looks pretty good but again not something I like as much as the plain silver.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Staggered-Set-20x8-5-20x10-Fits-94-04-Mustang-Black-Cobra-R-Wheels-Rims-20-/201062756760?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2ed0463198&vxp=mtr

Quick Reply: Yay or Nay to fender emblem?