Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deer 1, Mustang 0

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 09:18 PM
cruisin5268d
4th Gear Member

You nailed an intelligent animal...and your concern is minor body damage and not the pain and suffering the deer will endure?
Old 09-17-2014, 05:55 AM
jz78817
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by cruisin5268d
You nailed an intelligent animal...and your concern is minor body damage and not the pain and suffering the deer will endure?
1) the deer probably didn't last long
2) car-deer collisions are common because deer populations are exploding in suburban areas; they're more or less vermin
3) deer are probably one of the dumbest animals in existence. They basically have three modes; "eat," "breed," and "run."
4) deer, like most herbivores, exist to be food for other animals.
Old 09-17-2014, 06:04 AM
ghunt
3rd Gear Member

Seriously?

I hit a deer years ago and I didn't give one chit about it. I have no idea where it ended up because I hit it at night, like most people around here do. Couldn't tell you the number of times I've seen them run out into or across a road at night, right in front of a passing car, which was what happened to me.

In fact WV is the state where you're most likely to hit a deer because there's so many in the state and so many roads are rural.
Old 09-17-2014, 07:06 AM
RenGen
Banned

so what all do you have to replace? fender, headlight and hood?

what do you mean by "2k$ and 2 months later and still a month from getting in the shop"?

Hope you can get another OEM hood, I personally prefer the smooth OEM hood compared to the bulky, I mean aggressive aftermarket hoods - and why would anyone want to replace the nice aluminum hood with FIBERGLASS??

I'm really sorry this happened and i hope it gets fixed soon, God knows the day something happens to my mustang is the day I take whats left of it to my garage and gas my self with CO after taking a few of my klonopin with vodka. my cars literally the only thing keeping me alive.
Old 09-17-2014, 07:18 AM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by RenGen
God knows the day something happens to my mustang is the day I take whats left of it to my garage and gas my self with CO after taking a few of my klonopin with vodka. my cars literally the only thing keeping me alive.
You need help, seriously. And I don't mean that in a funny way. You seriously need to sit down and talk with someone. This isn't something funny that you should take lightly.
Old 09-17-2014, 04:33 PM
dlazrael
5th Gear Member

Best thing, is you hit the deer... instead of swerving to avoid it and flipping it in a ditch or worse hitting another car.... Insurance typically doesn't cover those types of accidents, deeming them preventable, but if you just hit the deer... it's covered... (wierd, eh?)

It's not alot of damage... doesn't look like you hit it anywhere where it would be possible to bend the frame itself.

On the deer aspect.... long as you hit it in the neck/head, take it! otherwise you run the risk of an internal organ failure, more specifically the bladder, and as such would contaminate that meat
Old 09-19-2014, 01:32 PM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jz78817
1) the deer probably didn't last long
2) car-deer collisions are common because deer populations are exploding in suburban areas; they're more or less vermin
3) deer are probably one of the dumbest animals in existence. They basically have three modes; "eat," "breed," and "run."
4) deer, like most herbivores, exist to be food for other animals.
OP - First the damage aint that bad...

Then to address #3 don't forget poop and sleep. I was hiking alone at night once and came across a small herd of probably 5 or 6 does and at least 1 buck and holy hell that is scary when you walk right into where they are bedded down and you can't see them much better than they can see you. They bolted in every direction. I thought I might have **** myself when that happened.

Before you ask, this was when I was young and was developing a fear of the dark, so I determined that wasn't going to happen, so I broke it by hiking in the dark. Now that Im older Im not afraid of the dark but rather how ****ing hard the coffee table is when Im stumbling around in it looking for a light switch. I figure that's why old people hobble. Their vision gets worse to the point where they can't see in broad daylight and don't want to knee cap themselves.
Old 09-21-2014, 02:26 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Old 09-21-2014, 02:34 PM
oldfella
1st Gear Member

I've hit two deer over the years and both of my big sedans faired much worse, both times. Still stinks. Sorry.
Old 09-21-2014, 07:46 PM
def67
2nd Gear Member

I read the title and expected the damage to be much worse, you must have got on the breaks pretty well!

Quick Reply: Deer 1, Mustang 0