Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 hood bubbling paint

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2014, 04:01 PM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

Mine is in Cali and did the same thing. I took it in with less than 50 miles left on the warranty. Now I have a lifetime warranty on the paint so when (because I know its going to happen again) the paint bubbles again Ill just take it back and have it repainted...again.
Old 12-01-2014, 11:42 AM
winkawak
2nd Gear Member

I went to the bodyshop last week about my rear deck panel and hood bubble. I called today to check and was told by the body shop they are not accepting any paint warranty repair because something about their dealer taking a hit on warranty paint jobs. They are not accepting any vechicle thats bought outside of their dealer and limited repair with even cars that bought on their lot. I think this is bs and the next dealer is 40 minutes away.

update:
Give ford a call and they opened up a case for me. The ford relation manager? will contact the dealer and see whats on.

Last edited by winkawak; 12-01-2014 at 12:02 PM.
Old 12-05-2014, 11:08 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by winkawak
I went to the bodyshop last week about my rear deck panel and hood bubble. I called today to check and was told by the body shop they are not accepting any paint warranty repair because something about their dealer taking a hit on warranty paint jobs. They are not accepting any vechicle thats bought outside of their dealer and limited repair with even cars that bought on their lot. I think this is bs and the next dealer is 40 minutes away.

update:
Give ford a call and they opened up a case for me. The ford relation manager? will contact the dealer and see whats on.
Thanks for the update, winkawak! Please stay in contact with your CSM.

Deysha
Old 02-14-2015, 10:15 AM
Cstang1988

Default Paint peeling

I have a 2012 konna blue GT that has 17000 miles on it & the paint is bubbling & peeling across the front edge of my hood also . Which is caused by iron contamination in the aluminum hood
Old 02-14-2015, 08:30 PM
Epicpete

Originally Posted by Genxer
Is the corrosion problem happening in northern states or is it all over the country?

Do they all rust in particular spots that a used car buyer could keep an eye out for when shopping around?
Just bought a CPO 2012. I didn't even notice it. The sales manager actually pointed it out and offered to respray hood at my convenience.

He then pointed out 2 other mustangs on the lot with the same bubble in the same spot. On the front of the hood. Roughly above where the grille mounted fog lights are.
Old 02-15-2015, 01:40 AM
Rudolph Hucker
4th Gear Member

my 2010 has not a speck of rust on the hood
it has never seen a drop of water either lol.
Old 02-15-2015, 09:20 AM
jz78817
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Epicpete
Just bought a CPO 2012. I didn't even notice it. The sales manager actually pointed it out and offered to respray hood at my convenience.

He then pointed out 2 other mustangs on the lot with the same bubble in the same spot. On the front of the hood. Roughly above where the grille mounted fog lights are.
respraying it will only make it look OK for a short time if the corrosion is happening from inside out.
Old 02-15-2015, 09:31 AM
Epicpete

Originally Posted by jz78817
respraying it will only make it look OK for a short time if the corrosion is happening from inside out.
Is there a long term fix? I'd hate to have the same problem in a couple years. I saw there was a TSB on this issue.
Old 02-16-2015, 06:08 AM
Cstang1988

Is there a long term fix? I'd hate to have the same problem in a couple years. I saw there was a TSB on this issue.
Yes the only way to fix it is to replace the hood .
Old 02-16-2015, 10:06 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by Cstang1988
I have a 2012 konna blue GT that has 17000 miles on it & the paint is bubbling & peeling across the front edge of my hood also . Which is caused by iron contamination in the aluminum hood
Welcome, Cstang1988! You should bring this up to your dealer’s attention soon. Let me know what they say.

Congrats on your new Pony and welcome, Epicpete! Glad to learn your dealer is handling this for you. Be sure to bring it in soon.

Originally Posted by Cstang1988
Yes the only way to fix it is to replace the hood .
As long as the repair is done as advised on the TSB, it will be taken care of, Cstang1988.

Deysha

Quick Reply: 2011 hood bubbling paint