Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

2005 - 2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by Latemodel Restoration

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 11-06-2014, 12:49 PM   #1
Goldenpony
5th Gear Member

Default Power window problem-Help!

Got a real head stomper here. The window on the pass. side just stopped working. When I kept hitting the down button the window just moved slightly. Kind of made a little machine gun noise.. Wouldn't do anything when I would hit the up button. When i would be hitting the down button, I saw little bits of water coming out of the washer nozzles.
I took it to my buddy that has a mostly Mustang shop. He pulled the whole regulator assy. out . He said it looked OK. He thought it was the motor. He got a new motor, but it did the same thing.
He's called in help from another shop and they're trying to figure it out. One of the first things I checked was for wetness on the pass. side carpet (thinking the SJB had gotten wet,)
but carpet was dry as a bone. really weird.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
18" "Fanblade Wheels"
CORSA Performance exhaust
Brenspeed 87 octane performance tune
MGW Shifter
Goldenpony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 06:41 PM   #2
Goldenpony
5th Gear Member

Default Window problem, continued

Looking more like a SJB problem. When you try to activate the window washer, the headlights go out, dash lights flicker.
18" "Fanblade Wheels"
MGW Shifter
Old 11-06-2014, 11:24 PM   #3
edwin108
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2010 GT
shlbygt500 shlbygt500

Are your battery terminals clean?

edwin108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 06:20 PM   #4
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 GT
Send a message via AIM to Nuke Send a message via Yahoo to Nuke Send a message via Skype™ to Nuke

Water leak? If it's the SJB, the only thing I know that has caused problems with it IS the infamous water leak.
07 GT Prem: Alloy, MT, 3.55's, Steeda CAI w/Brenspeed tunes, FRPP Stingers, 275/40/18 Goodyear Eagle F1 A/S on SVT Cobras (OE GT500's), 14" shorty, Wheelskin side scoops & qtr window louvers, A-H rear window louvers, SHR honeycomb blackout panel, Sequentials, Hella Optilux Extreme XY fogs, Silverstars
06 V6: Legend Lime, Pony Package, 14" shorty, Sequentials, Hella Optilux Extreme XY fogs, Silverstars
Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 08:38 PM   #5
Goldenpony
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke View Post
Water leak? If it's the SJB, the only thing I know that has caused problems with it IS the infamous water leak.
I'm assuming that is what the problem is. I have an appointment to take her into a shop Tuesday. They have a certified Ford Technician working there. Hopefully he can straighten it out.
18" "Fanblade Wheels"
MGW Shifter
Old 11-12-2014, 06:13 PM   #6
Goldenpony
5th Gear Member

Default TA DA- Happy Dance!

Well, got my baby back all better. I was convinced it was something like the SJB or something real pricey. Know what it was? A loose ground. Had to be from the factory 'cause nobody's ever been in there (behind the fuse block) but me and I didn't do it. There was a stud with a ground wire on it with a nut. The nut was cross threaded and the nut wouldn't tighten down any more. The tech just moved the wire to an adjoining bolt and problem solved. Cost me $80 but worth every dime. That even included putting the door all back together. I had left it apart and took it to them that way. Sometimes things work out OK.
18" "Fanblade Wheels"
MGW Shifter
Old 11-12-2014, 06:28 PM   #7
jz
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 06 mustang GT

Wow. That's amazing! Good thing it wasn't due to water, or the SJB. That could have been pricey.

06 GT. Steeda Hood, Bumper, F&R sway bars, strut tower brace, struts/shocks, sport springs, HD strut mounts, UDP's, delete plates. Hawk Brake pads. Power Slot Rotors. Goodridge Braided brake Lines. BMR combo UCA, combo/adj LCA's, LCA relocation brackets, adj panhard bar, panhard bar brace. Pro 5.0 shifter. K&N CAI. Magnaflow Magnapacks cat back. FRPP 4.10's. BAMACHIPS SCT 93 tune.
jz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 05:18 PM   #8
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 GT
Send a message via AIM to Nuke Send a message via Yahoo to Nuke Send a message via Skype™ to Nuke

SO glad it wasn't the SJB.
07 GT Prem: Alloy, MT, 3.55's, Steeda CAI w/Brenspeed tunes, FRPP Stingers, 275/40/18 Goodyear Eagle F1 A/S on SVT Cobras (OE GT500's), 14" shorty, Wheelskin side scoops & qtr window louvers, A-H rear window louvers, SHR honeycomb blackout panel, Sequentials, Hella Optilux Extreme XY fogs, Silverstars
06 V6: Legend Lime, Pony Package, 14" shorty, Sequentials, Hella Optilux Extreme XY fogs, Silverstars
Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 07:36 PM   #9
Goldenpony
5th Gear Member

Thanks guys. Yea, very glad it wasn't an SJB issue. Dodged that bullet.
18" "Fanblade Wheels"
MGW Shifter
Old 11-21-2014, 07:36 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement