Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 v6 3rd to 2nd gear grind

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2014, 06:45 AM
MustangInTexas
2nd Gear Member

I've not really done that so I'll try to remember to give it a shot. You might want to talk with Ford, as Deysha suggested.
Old 11-15-2014, 04:52 PM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

With the clutch depressed fully you should be able to shift from gear to gear up and down with out grinding at any rpm.

If there is any grinding noise then there is an issue inside the trans (probably broken syncro teeth), slave cylinder is bad, air in clutch line, or the clutch pressure plate is weak and not fully disengaging the clutch.
Old 11-15-2014, 09:50 PM
iamzatch
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by MustangInTexas
I've not really done that so I'll try to remember to give it a shot. You might want to talk with Ford, as Deysha suggested.
Sorry guys I should have said..

I've got an appointment with Ford 8am on Monady morning, I actually PMed Deysha when I made this post. It seems she replied first before reading her PMs so I definitely am going down the right track.

Originally Posted by PNYXPRESS
With the clutch depressed fully you should be able to shift from gear to gear up and down with out grinding at any rpm.

If there is any grinding noise then there is an issue inside the trans (probably broken syncro teeth), slave cylinder is bad, air in clutch line, or the clutch pressure plate is weak and not fully disengaging the clutch.
Excellent to hear, Excellent! I am hopeful to have the issue addressed Monday morning then.
Old 11-16-2014, 05:21 AM
MustangInTexas
2nd Gear Member

OK, I tried this while I was out yesterday. Cruising along I depressed the clutch. From there I was able to put the shifter into any gear. 5th to 2nd even, no problem (while leaving the clutch depressed). Let us know what Ford says.
Old 11-17-2014, 08:07 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by MustangInTexas
Thank you for the mention, MustangInTexas!

Originally Posted by iamzatch
Sorry guys I should have said..

I've got an appointment with Ford 8am on Monady morning, I actually PMed Deysha when I made this post. It seems she replied first before reading her PMs so I definitely am going down the right track.
I sent you a response last week, iamzatch.

Deysha
Old 11-17-2014, 08:46 AM
iamzatch
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by FordService
Thank you for the mention, MustangInTexas!

I sent you a response last week, iamzatch.

Deysha
Hi Deysha!

Yes I got it thank you so much for yor reply. I am leaving for my appointment now I will update you guys when I get back.
Old 11-17-2014, 09:13 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by iamzatch
Hi Deysha!

Yes I got it thank you so much for yor reply. I am leaving for my appointment now I will update you guys when I get back.
Awesome! Thanks, iamzatch!

Deysha
Old 11-17-2014, 10:26 AM
iamzatch
2nd Gear Member

The car is at the dealer. I downshifted from 3rd to 2nd and the gearbox grinded like crazy with the tech in the car and he was like "Oh yeah thats a problem" so they're going to provide me an update today we shall we what happens.
Old 11-17-2014, 12:05 PM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Make sure they give you a loaner that is comparable to the mustang. When I took my GT in for warranty work they tried to give me a minivan at first. I told them, not gonna happen and ended up with a focus with was actually a fun little car to drive.
Old 11-17-2014, 12:44 PM
iamzatch
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by PNYXPRESS
Make sure they give you a loaner that is comparable to the mustang. When I took my GT in for warranty work they tried to give me a minivan at first. I told them, not gonna happen and ended up with a focus with was actually a fun little car to drive.
They said they don't do loaners. Should I push for this?

I can't rent a rental car because I'm under 25 unfortunately, do these laws apply to loaners from dealers too?

Quick Reply: 2014 v6 3rd to 2nd gear grind