Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 v6 3rd to 2nd gear grind

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2014, 09:34 AM
jz78817
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by iamzatch
Why was an FSE dispatched to look at the vehicle?
Is this normal proceedings?
for an uncommon failure.
Old 11-25-2014, 09:38 AM
iamzatch
2nd Gear Member

Well everyone this is extremely disappointing and saddening news. Ford is denying warranty work on a transmission with less than 15,000 miles.

They had a Ford Service Engineer at the dealer for a separate issue and he was asked to look at my transmission as well. On Thursday I was told the 2nd gear synchro needed to be replaced, the part was ordered, and I would be good to go. Apparently this ISNT the case?!

The FSE determined my car has been tracked and abused to a point where the transmission is not warrantable.

However, this car has NEVER been tracked, and I do not drive it hard EVER!

The service agent told me the car was dangerous to drive because of the metal in the fluid so I'm not sure what they expect me to do now? I dont have the money to pay for a rebuild of a transmission on a car I bought just a year ago! And if its unsafe to drive they probably arent going to just put it back together and leave it like that :O

I don't even know what to do or go from here?
Old 11-25-2014, 10:41 AM
iamzatch
2nd Gear Member

I called the service manager, the dealer wants $7k to replace the entire transmission with labor and everything.

I'm at a loss, I don't have this kind of money, I'm a college student. I don't really know what to do or how to proceed. They wont put the car back together either unless I pay the $2k for labor for taking the transmission out and putting it back in.

I'm totally absolutely just stunned.
Old 11-25-2014, 12:05 PM
MustangInTexas
2nd Gear Member

Wow, I am so sorry to hear this. Maybe you should ask for what proof they have of it being tracked. I guess they'd just say because it fell apart it MUST have been tracked.

Deysha, please help this poor soul out!
Old 11-25-2014, 02:22 PM
iamzatch
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by MustangInTexas
Wow, I am so sorry to hear this. Maybe you should ask for what proof they have of it being tracked. I guess they'd just say because it fell apart it MUST have been tracked.

I called the customer service manager for my region back and explained fully my case and what was going on.

I saved 3 years of work to use as a 50% down payment on my car... This let my payment be low and help me get financing for the cost of the vehicle, however I cannot afford a $7k transmission job let alone $2k just for the labor to get my car back.

Today has been a whirlwind of events, I am hopeful the customer service manager can help me in this situation.
Old 11-26-2014, 10:20 AM
svastano
4th Gear Member

That really sucks! Ford should be ashamed of themselves! I would go there in person and raise some H$LL! Right in the showroom! Might get someone's attention to get you fixed up!
Old 11-26-2014, 10:30 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by MustangInTexas

I don’t have a say so on that, MustangInTexas.

I called the customer service manager for my region back and explained fully my case and what was going on.

I saved 3 years of work to use as a 50% down payment on my car... This let my payment be low and help me get financing for the cost of the vehicle, however I cannot afford a $7k transmission job let alone $2k just for the labor to get my car back.

Today has been a whirlwind of events, I am hopeful the customer service manager can help me in this situation.
I understand how extensive and frustrating this has been for you, iamzatch. Definitely work with your CSM. I hope they can help you in some way.

Deysha
Old 11-26-2014, 11:19 AM
iamzatch
2nd Gear Member

First and foremost I want to thank Deysha and everyone else at Ford who's been working this problem on my behalf.

Unfortunately I have no really good news about the situation.

The regional CSM talked with the Service Manager at my dealership and has basically said there is nothing she can do. The FSE determined after looking at the car for <15 seconds (Service Manager's own words), that it was absolutely abuse related. I am unable to recourse with the dealer because its Ford Motor Co.'s decision at the moment. I asked for the issue to be escalated and I can expect a call back in two business days. The CSM, although very nice and helpful, basically told me tough ****.

The dealer itself wants about $2k in labor cost associated with tearing down the transmission. Despite the fact I brought the car to them working about 90% with just this small issue, they are telling me they cannot put the transmission back together at all, as in, it is totally destroyed. I can take the car as is with no transmission and parts in a box if I pay the $2k labor cost associated with the removal of the transmission. I did not agree to these charges at any time, and I brought the car in on a good faith thought that it was a warranty issue from the start.

I am basically at a loss at this point, absolutely stunned. The car has never been brought to the track. I paid 50% of the cost of the car down with 3 years of busting my *** saving money to get my dream car, why would I destroy it? I am 20 and male, but what person my age has their own financing, excellent credit and the wits to go out and buy a car without the help from anyone else? I feel that I am being profiled for my age and gender and the dealership is attempting to take advantage of me financially. I don't understand how I can bring an operational vehicle (for the most part) in and leave -$2k with a car that cannot even be used and needs a new transmission.

@Deysha, please for the love of god help me? I am the same guy who posted here a little over a year ago concerned about PARKING MY CAR: https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005...ng-s-size.html

I'm not man enough to even drive this car the way it should be and yet I am being accused of driving it at a track every weekend and completely destroying the engine. My dream was to have a Mustang to bring to car shows (really great times by the way) and show off how mature and professional I was, not to destroy a car I just bought.

There has been no opportunity for recourse here at all. Cant a service tech look at the computer logs to see the thing hasn't seen over 6k RPM more than once? How can it be so sure that the 2nd gear didn't have a flaw and disintegrated by itself? How is it certain that the clutch pedal wasn't fully disconnecting the clutch & transmission from the engine and this caused additional wear and tear?

I'm literally a wreck, I have anxiety issues sometimes and I didn't even sleep last night. I can't afford $2k to get my car out of dealership jail yet alone the additional $4k to actually fix it. I don't even know what to do next?

Anyone else here on this forum, next steps?
Old 11-26-2014, 03:28 PM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

First and foremost I want to thank Deysha and everyone else at Ford who's been working this problem on my behalf.

Unfortunately I have no really good news about the situation. ...
I know how much you love your car, iamzatch. I don’t have the power to override an FSE. Once they say it’s not a warrantable issue, there’s not much we can do.

Deysha
Old 11-26-2014, 03:37 PM
iamzatch
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by FordService
I know how much you love your car, iamzatch. I don’t have the power to override an FSE. Once they say it’s not a warrantable issue, there’s not much we can do.

Deysha
@Deysha, no due diligence was done, no investigation was done. I have no opportunity for recourse, no opportunity for a case to be opened? This is honestly the most ridiculous situation I have ever been in.

What can you do to escalate this further?
My car is stuck in a Ford Dealership and I am expected to pay $2k to get it out, transmission completely disassembled, when I brought it to them in ~90% working order?

Quick Reply: 2014 v6 3rd to 2nd gear grind