Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 v6 3rd to 2nd gear grind

Old 11-26-2014, 03:40 PM
iamzatch
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by FordService
I know how much you love your car, iamzatch. I don’t have the power to override an FSE. Once they say it’s not a warrantable issue, there’s not much we can do.

Deysha
A better question yet, who does have the power to override an FSE?

This is going to be a PR nightmare for Ford, but I really would like to give you guys the opportunity to fix things but nobody is even willing to make this right or go the extra few steps to contact the people who can make it right.
Old 11-26-2014, 11:53 PM
jz78817
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by iamzatch

This is going to be a PR nightmare for Ford, but I really would like to give you guys the opportunity to fix things but nobody is even willing to make this right or go the extra few steps to contact the people who can make it right.
I think you need legal consultation at this point. If you've legitimately never taken the car on a track, then for some field service engineer to unilaterally deny a warranty claim because "you must have tracked it" is total bull****.
Old 11-27-2014, 09:11 AM
iamzatch
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jz78817
I think you need legal consultation at this point. If you've legitimately never taken the car on a track, then for some field service engineer to unilaterally deny a warranty claim because "you must have tracked it" is total bull****.
Thank you for the advice, I am considering my options.

I legitimately haven't ever. If I had, I would be more than willing to find a way to pay up and make things right at this point but the car hasn't been damaged by me in any way.

My heart is literally broken at this point, I've worked so hard for this, it has been a dream of mine to own this car since I was a kid. Now I'm being screwed by the system, profiled because of my age, and being extorted by the dealer I'm working with.

Old 11-27-2014, 09:29 AM
alucard3600
1st Gear Member

I wouldnt pay a single thing to them honestly espcially since it is under warranty, it sounds to me that your getting the run around. It also worries me because I also have a 2014 v6 mustang, and I really hope this is just an isolated problem. I would most definatly get your self some legal help, explain the situation to them, and see if this is somthing they can help with. It will cost you some money for their help but I guarentee you its nothing like, it would cost without it, do your research before you visit with one, and find out who is best in this sort of field.
Old 11-27-2014, 09:52 AM
MustangInTexas
2nd Gear Member

zatch, I'm going to say something that won't make you feel better but it's better than being surprised later... Sooner or later the dealership will start charging you a daily storage fee for your car being out of the service dept but still on the lot. Talk to the service mgr about this before they start charges.
It seems like Ford Corp would have some process in place for a dispute like this. Arbitration maybe.
Old 11-27-2014, 10:49 AM
iamzatch
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by MustangInTexas
zatch, I'm going to say something that won't make you feel better but it's better than being surprised later... Sooner or later the dealership will start charging you a daily storage fee for your car being out of the service dept but still on the lot. Talk to the service mgr about this before they start charges.
It seems like Ford Corp would have some process in place for a dispute like this. Arbitration maybe.
The good news with this is I asked the service manager if I can keep it there for a bit over the holiday to get things figured out, he said that was okay.

If I am being required to pay $2k to get the car back minus a transmission can they seriously start charging me a storage fee because I can't afford to get the car out of jail?

Wtf
Old 11-28-2014, 08:00 AM
MustangInTexas
2nd Gear Member

In a word, yes. I'm glad to hear that he's letting you keep it there for now. Did you specify 'free of charge'? Anyway, you need to call Ford and dispute the findings. Seems that the original service manager that was willing to fix it might want to help you out on options for that. Good luck, Bro.
Old 11-28-2014, 08:21 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

@Deysha, no due diligence was done, no investigation was done. I have no opportunity for recourse, no opportunity for a case to be opened? This is honestly the most ridiculous situation I have ever been in.
What can you do to escalate this further?
My car is stuck in a Ford Dealership and I am expected to pay $2k to get it out, transmission completely disassembled, when I brought it to them in ~90% working order?

Here is what I found in the owner’s manual 3rd Printing on page 218, iamzatch:

In the United States, a warranty dispute must be submitted to the BBB
AUTO LINE before taking action under the Magnuson-Moss Warranty
Act, or to the extent allowed by state law, before pursuing replacement
or repurchase remedies provided by certain state laws. This dispute
handling procedure is not required prior to enforcing state created rights
or other rights which are independent of the Magnuson-Moss Warranty
Act or state replacement or repurchase laws.

There is more info in the manual.

Deysha
Old 11-28-2014, 01:59 PM
iamzatch
2nd Gear Member

Thank you Deysha for your assistance.

The regional customer service supervisor for my area also suggested this BBB Auto Line process because arbitration internally within Ford is not possible after the FSE visit.

Ill be investigating that option and some others as I go forward. I am hopeful that the dealer will let me take the car as is, in pieces, without labor charges. That would be helpful even given the rediculousness of this situation.
Old 11-29-2014, 10:26 AM
13V6coupe
I drive a V6 because I'm a giant wimp

The dealership no way should be making this worse with their bull**** claim of you owe them $2000

There can't possibly be more than a few hours time into removing the transmission and disassembling it. And yes I fully agree that it sounds like it should have been covered by warranty. (No doubt they have phone time, email time and even a little (15 seconds) in person time- but those costs are all in their hourly rate, those don't work against the time to actually do the job....it is called overhead expenses and they pay those guys regardless if they pick their nose, play on facebook or actually do any work... So that time simply does not count against you

Likely your driveshaft and transmission assembly are in the shop under some workbench somewhere so you have two problems with just calling a tow truck to pick it up.
A) you **** off the dealership guys, and if you win a battle in court to subsequently get it covered under warranty- you likely won't be going there again........ and I suppose if they really wanted to push they could call the cops- but I doubt they would get the desired result, I suppose if they pushed they could get a mechanics lien, but I doubt they would and it would be easily reversed in your court case against FORDco, because I have no doubt it would never see the inside a courtroom and Ford would settle and agree to fix/replace your transmission if you have an attorney worth anything
B) they likely have the driveshaft and transmission and misc other parts tucked under some work bench by now, that you would not get. So even if you went the route of buying a far superior aftermarket transmission at 1/2 the cost installed, you'd still need a driveshaft and associated parts that could add $1000 to your total......... But it would still be cheaper than the $7000 they are apparently trying to fleece from you

Contact the BBB and an attorney. I would contact the attorney first to have him/her draft up the complaint to the BBB (or their paralegal likely would). It may well be the best $100 you ever spent.
Write down your chain of events, include any pictures, what you have been told and by who and don't forget dates. And if you could get or have written documentation from the dealer and from FORDco stating the exact issue and why denied, so no backpeddling etc....

Good luck

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2014 v6 3rd to 2nd gear grind