Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

2005 - 2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by Latemodel Restoration

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 11-11-2014, 02:47 PM   #1
outceltj
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007, Mustang Gt
Default Whats your winter project

Well its that time of the year where many of us will be storing our garage queens. Good and bad depending how you look at it. I generally see it as an opportunity to of course spend more money on mods. Im looking to install some kooks LTs with a corsa axle back. I may even install a different convertor. I have the TCI 3000 stall now but may swap it out with Circle D convertor as it may do better at the track. I was generally against long tubes but im seeking some more power for the track. Im hoping the corsas will work great with the long tubes as far as drone goes. They seem to be the most popular axle back if you don't want that aggravating drone. Anyway those are my plans for the winter.

I may do a the long tubes then go to the track and if im not happy then do the torque convertor swap and see what the performance difference is. Could be interesting I think!
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Detroit Rocker Cams, 410's, Saleen Supercharger, afco dual heat exchanger, TCI torque convertor, stage 3 saleen supercharger, dual gt500 fuel pumps, SS Brake Lines, and Power Slot rotors, LCAS, Koni Adjustables, alpine touch screen, PA deep tranny pan, fluidyne radiator, dynotech DS

B302 added3/31/14
11.216 at 123.42MPH
60ft-1.558
Stroked & Blown
outceltj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 02:55 PM   #2
CMcNam
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 Mustang GT

Going to order some parts to lighten up the car a bit and stiffen things up. Tubular K-member, radiator support, lightweight seats, rear seat delete, etc. I find I don't desire more power, but lighter weight, so that's where I'm headed first.

Then more power.

Edit: I'm also putting on a GT/CS front bumper and putting the stock hood back on (without the hood scoop).
Old 11-11-2014, 04:00 PM   #3
outceltj
4th Gear Member

tubular K member is on my radar as well along with a rear seat delete
Detroit Rocker Cams, 410's, Saleen Supercharger, afco dual heat exchanger, TCI torque convertor, stage 3 saleen supercharger, dual gt500 fuel pumps, SS Brake Lines, and Power Slot rotors, LCAS, Koni Adjustables, alpine touch screen, PA deep tranny pan, fluidyne radiator, dynotech DS

B302 added3/31/14
11.216 at 123.42MPH
60ft-1.558
Stroked & Blown
Old 11-11-2014, 04:04 PM   #4
ghunt
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005 Mustang GT

CMDP's and, if I can save up the money, cams. I also need to pull my rear suspension apart, weld on the reloc brackets because they aren't staying in place like they should, and inspect the control arms (since they've been on for 2 years). I also need to put ball & socket joints between my h pipe and over axle pipes so they'll stop leaking, and I'm thinking about doing my plugs while the car is parked since it's at 80K now. Little stuff for the most part.
C&L Racer, 93R Tune, SR UDP's, JBA ceramic LT's & catted shorty H, Magnaflow resonators, Edelbrock SDT AB, Steeda Tri-Ax, "P" springs Spohn reloc brackets/lowers, J&M AL panhard bar, DIY brace, smoked markers/LED tail lights
ghunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 04:38 PM   #5
outceltj
4th Gear Member

A little TLC is good

B302 added3/31/14
11.216 at 123.42MPH
60ft-1.558
Stroked & Blown
Old 11-11-2014, 05:09 PM   #6
americaniron
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 06 Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by outceltj View Post
Well its that time of the year where many of us will be storing our garage queens. Good and bad depending how you look at it. I generally see it as an opportunity to of course spend more money on mods. Im looking to install some kooks LTs with a corsa axle back. I may even install a different convertor. I have the TCI 3000 stall now but may swap it out with Circle D convertor as it may do better at the track. I was generally against long tubes but im seeking some more power for the track. Im hoping the corsas will work great with the long tubes as far as drone goes. They seem to be the most popular axle back if you don't want that aggravating drone. Anyway those are my plans for the winter.

I may do a the long tubes then go to the track and if im not happy then do the torque convertor swap and see what the performance difference is. Could be interesting I think!
I have the Kooks/Corsa combo, and I think you will like it.
Old 11-11-2014, 05:36 PM   #7
outceltj
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by americaniron View Post
I have the Kooks/Corsa combo, and I think you will like it.
good to hear

B302 added3/31/14
11.216 at 123.42MPH
60ft-1.558
Stroked & Blown
Old 11-11-2014, 05:36 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement