Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015 Mustang warranty advice

Old 11-24-2014, 12:21 PM
jRaskell
2nd Gear Member

I'm actually hoping I never have to use the warranty, I'll still consider it money well spent.
An extended warranty that is never used is pretty much the exact opposite of money well spent.
Old 11-24-2014, 03:05 PM
BrazenStang
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by BlueBellThunder
That's what I was thinking. The electronics on this car are probably costly. You can choose between 5 and 8 years, and up to 125,000 miles. I want 8 years 75,000 miles. Every 5 years I want a new car and this will force me to keep it longer. I don't drive much, short commute and the wife usually drives on the weekend. The 2010 I just traded in only had 36000 miles on it. I really like the new style so I said what the hell and went for it. So far I'm loving it. Just tried the sport driving mode and it was awesome.
You have repeated yourself 3 times already. Are you looking for advice about whether or not to get the warranty? It seems to me like you have already made up your mind and are just looking for someone to validate your reasoning.
Old 11-24-2014, 10:39 PM
cruisin5268d
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by BrazenStang
You have repeated yourself 3 times already. Are you looking for advice about whether or not to get the warranty? It seems to me like you have already made up your mind and are just looking for someone to validate your reasoning.
Old 11-29-2014, 05:58 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Extended warranties are generally just padding someone's pocket. Put that money in a CD or something that bears interest and be prepared to have that amount back in YOUR pocket when that extended warranty would have expired.
Old 11-29-2014, 07:10 PM
2000AZ5.0GT
5th Gear Member

Is the extended warranty a bumper to bumper or powertrain only?
Old 11-29-2014, 07:13 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

Originally Posted by 2000AZ5.0GT
Is the extended warranty a bumper to bumper or powertrain only?
I think it's available either way.
Old 11-29-2014, 07:22 PM
2000AZ5.0GT
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 99GTvert
I think it's available either way.
I would buy the **** out of a bumper-to-bumper warranty

The powertrain has proven itself to be more than reliable, but bushings, control arms, Air Conditioning system, the brand spankin new Independant Rear end?

I don't think there's ever been an AC system to last 8 years without a single leak or anything, bushings can get torn from normal driving.

Yeah, new gadget warranties are usually worthless, but for a 30+k car? I'd sure as hell take one.
Old 11-30-2014, 06:35 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

And you really think you'll spend $1800 on those types of repairs? Even when domestic vehicle reliability totally sucked, I never spent close to that kind of $$ over the life of ANY of the 8 or so domestics I owned on non-preventive maintenance work. Feel free to bet on your car taking major dumps.
Old 11-30-2014, 02:51 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Do yourself a favor and save the money. It comes with a warranty and leave it at that. Just b/c you have a warranty for say 8 years doesn't mean they are gonna just repair everything that happens to the car. Hell right now there is a thread where a guys 2nd gear syncro is screwed up and ford is not warranting it. So give it up
Old 11-30-2014, 04:44 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by BlueBellThunder
Just traded in my 2010 for a new 2015 gt. Got race red premium gt with auto trans(to lazy for a manual). So far it's a nice improvement over the 2010. I'm looking at getting Ford extended warranty for 8 years 75,000 miles. I know a lot of you will say it's not worth it, but for me it's piece of mind. Plus it will force me to keep a car more than 5 years, this is getting expensive. I only drive about 9000 miles a year, short commute to work. The dealer I bought it from is an hour from where I live so I'm guessing they wouldn't give me a good deal on the warranty since I wouldn't be serving the car there. They wanted $2600 for the warranty and came down to $1800. I think $1400 to 1500 is more reasonable. The main reason I want the warranty is because of all the new elctronics in the car plus the new IRS. In the last year I spend about $900 in repairs for my 2010 and it only had 36,000 miles when I traded it in yesterday. I'm actually hoping I never have to use the warranty, I'll still consider it money well spent. I fell if I don't get it soon after the factory is over the repairs will start.

Thanks for any advice given.
The reasoning to keep the car b/c u shelled out for a warranty that is 8 years long is not a good financial decision. Chance are u will trade the car off. Whats your history of ownership. If its 4 to 5 years long then chances are u will only keep in that long. We are creatures of habit. WE don't change very often. And if you can then more power to ya. Like I said chances of them even honoring some break downs over a course of say 5 years I would say is just not gonna happen. They can say u abused it and didn't take care of it and basically you will be paying out of pocket for whatever issue there is. And as stated already there is a guy with his tranny tore down at the dealership that they are not gonna fix b/c they claim he abused it. So either way im sure you have made up your mind and talked yourself into it. Its your money and spend it as u wish. But you know they will likely not honor a part after 5 or 6 years. Warranties really mean nothing now days. Just like when buying a house the big thing is now to include a warranty for ease of mind. Screw that give me another 5k off and we have a deal. but many will get suckered in for a warranty. Heck I have some friends that closed and had a warranty. basement flooded and that warranty doesn't cover ****. To me its better to talk them down more than to spend more on a warranty

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2015 Mustang warranty advice