Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 MT82 with 14k miles warranty VOIDED, dealer extorting me for $2k in fees

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2014, 01:02 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

be sure to report back once you have a resolution. good luck
Old 12-02-2014, 02:14 PM
Dino Dino Bambino
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by iamzatch
I have Ford Corporate now involved in this issue, and while I cannot currently comment on the ongoing situation, I am hopeful for a resolution.

Thank you all, Deysha included, for the assistance.
Good luck.
Old 12-02-2014, 02:59 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Originally Posted by outceltj
be sure to report back once you have a resolution. good luck
The OP may not be able to. I have yet to see any of these types of problems get publicly closed. (Problems that seem really extreme and get posted to the forums). There are a few of them on here and the OP disappears, sometimes for good, other times they come back and simply state they can't talk about the outcome.

Most likely what will happen is that Ford will resolve the issue but in order to do so they will ask for a NDA to be signed. If the NDA is accepted and signed by both parties that's all there is to it.
Old 12-02-2014, 03:42 PM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

I have Ford Corporate now involved in this issue, and while I cannot currently comment on the ongoing situation, I am hopeful for a resolution.

Thank you all, Deysha included, for the assistance.
Great and you’re very welcome, iamzatch. I wish you the best.

Deysha
Old 12-02-2014, 08:06 PM
cruisin5268d
4th Gear Member

The irony... Ford wont honor their warranty but they expect Joe Q Citizen to honor the NDA.

I'm just sayin....

I do hope that the OP is being honest about this situation and that a decent resolution will be made.
Old 12-02-2014, 09:41 PM
iamzatch
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by cruisin5268d
The irony... Ford wont honor their warranty but they expect Joe Q Citizen to honor the NDA.

I'm just sayin....

I do hope that the OP is being honest about this situation and that a decent resolution will be made.
I would like to comment that I haven't signed an NDA, however out of respect, I am currently withholding my comments about the situation until I receive a resolution.

Everyone makes mistakes, warranties can be a fine line. They have rules that are in place to protect the company and its assets. Sometimes people get stuck in the process like me, but I am confident I will have a resolution soon.
Old 12-03-2014, 05:10 AM
Dino Dino Bambino
4th Gear Member

Everyone makes mistakes, warranties can be a fine line. They have rules that are in place to protect the company and its assets.
Yeah, warranties can indeed be a fine line but as a general principle, they exist to protect the consumer for a finite period in the event of a component failure due to a manufacturing defect. Thereafter anything else could be considered as normal wear n' tear, abuse, or sheer bad luck.
A gearbox failing after just 14k miles isn't normal wear n' tear but if there were early warning signs of impending failure that you didn't recognise and the damage became greater than it would otherwise have been, you could be liable to pay for part of the repair cost.
Warranties also have to offer some protection to the manufacturer so it's important to read the fine print in the terms of the warranty (how many of us even bother to do that?).
Old 12-03-2014, 01:28 PM
MustangInTexas
2nd Gear Member

Even with an NDA, he can always come here and say if he's having a good day or a bad day.
OP, I hope you get everything worked out with Ford Corp. and I'm glad to hear that at least you're able to get some movement on this now. Good luck.
Old 12-03-2014, 04:06 PM
DRAGUL
5th Gear Member

Regardless of the warranty issue, it still does not excuse what the dealer did to him.
Old 12-03-2014, 09:17 PM
cruisin5268d
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by DRAGUL
Regardless of the warranty issue, it still does not excuse what the dealer did to him.

That's without question. I cringe when I hear about dealer horror stories like that - regardless of the brand.

Quick Reply: 2014 MT82 with 14k miles warranty VOIDED, dealer extorting me for $2k in fees