Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 MT82 with 14k miles warranty VOIDED, dealer extorting me for $2k in fees

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2014, 05:27 AM
jsimmonstx
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Chromeshadow
I'd also require a statement on how they ran up a $2,000 bill. That trans should take less than two hours to pull out, $2K is close to an entire repair bill.

Labor is $100-$120 (maybe more) per hour. The bill would be for labor to take it apart, inspect it, and put it back together. $2000 is about right (if you go by current labor rates).

I think the OP should start saving for the tow truck charges.

Last edited by jsimmonstx; 12-09-2014 at 05:42 AM.
Old 12-09-2014, 06:30 AM
jz78817
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jsimmonstx
Labor is $100-$120 (maybe more) per hour. The bill would be for labor to take it apart, inspect it, and put it back together. $2000 is about right (if you go by current labor rates).

I think the OP should start saving for the tow truck charges.
why would they put a shredded transmission back together, and expect the customer to pay for useless work?
Old 12-09-2014, 08:38 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by iamzatch
I'm preparing myself because I don't think ford is going to do jack.

I'm sure I can find some money/lean on some family to help me get her rebuilt and back on the road but this is just utter bull.

I've been so nice to people, everyone I've interacted with. I haven't walked in to the dealership and risen hell, nor do I have the ***** to do that. Apparently you can't get anything by being nice to people these days.

The warranty on the transmission is there but now that the VIN says the tranny was voided due to "abuse" I'm sure if I take it in for a warranty claim on anything else it'll be "abuse". Bull!
Your VIN does not show any warranty voids, iamzatch.

Deysha
Old 12-09-2014, 09:13 AM
iamzatch
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by FordService

Deysha
I'm not sure how that could possibly be? If an FSE looked at the vehicle and determined the transmission warranty was to be voided, how are their no voids on the VIN?

I am so confused I don't understand.
Old 12-09-2014, 09:26 AM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by FordService

Deysha
I'm not sure how that could possibly be? If an FSE looked at the vehicle and determined the transmission warranty was to be voided, how are their no voids on the VIN?

Sounds like the dealership is yanking you around. Did you talk directly to the FSE or is this what the dealer told you? Also have anything in writing showing voided warranty?

Last edited by PNYXPRESS; 12-09-2014 at 09:29 AM.
Old 12-09-2014, 10:04 AM
MustangInTexas
2nd Gear Member

This could be on hold until the situation is settled, one way or the other. I agree that you should get a statement from the FSE to see just what he said. I sounds as if the dealer was initially ready to cover you so I don't see that THEY would make the 180 on it unless the FSE gave them an 'out'.
Old 12-09-2014, 10:22 AM
iamzatch
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by PNYXPRESS
Sounds like the dealership is yanking you around. Did you talk directly to the FSE or is this what the dealer told you? Also have anything in writing showing voided warranty?
Dealer only, nothing in writing.
Old 12-09-2014, 12:16 PM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by PNYXPRESS
Originally Posted by MustangInTexas
This could be on hold until the situation is settled, one way or the other. I agree that you should get a statement from the FSE to see just what he said. I sounds as if the dealer was initially ready to cover you so I don't see that THEY would make the 180 on it unless the FSE gave them an 'out'.
As MustangInTexas mentioned, it could be on hold until the situation is sorted out, guys.

Deysha
Old 12-09-2014, 02:29 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

you really need to go to the dealership and ask. if you don't have it in ya to raise hell atleast just get your questions answered. Life isn't always easy peasy bud. And while agree that if your nice things should swing your way. Life will have many more curve ***** coming at you so u really need to atleast go and ask about your situation. Getting on your laptop and asking us isn't doing you any good if you don't go in and talk to them.
Old 12-09-2014, 02:32 PM
iamzatch
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by outceltj
you really need to go to the dealership and ask. if you don't have it in ya to raise hell atleast just get your questions answered. Life isn't always easy peasy bud. And while agree that if your nice things should swing your way. Life will have many more curve ***** coming at you so u really need to atleast go and ask about your situation. Getting on your laptop and asking us isn't doing you any good if you don't go in and talk to them.
While I haven't raised hell, I have talked to them.

The dealer is telling me I can take my car for ~$275 with everything disassembled, but they are saying the case it between me and Ford at this point. Nobody from Ford has contacted me, and my contacts I've spoken with don't have any information about whats going on, I literally feel like a horse with blinders on.

There has been no information what so ever, everyone is just throwing their hands in the air and pointing fingers.

Quick Reply: 2014 MT82 with 14k miles warranty VOIDED, dealer extorting me for $2k in fees