Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 MT82 with 14k miles warranty VOIDED, dealer extorting me for $2k in fees

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2014, 12:05 AM
Dino Dino Bambino
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by berzerk_1980
Or bring a briefcase full of cash in the event they hold your car ransom. Note that with this option you will look cooler with leather gloves and the briefcase handcuffed to you.
You forgot the part about having a heavily-built guy in a smart suit by your side too.

Originally Posted by Buchez09GT
I read all this and some from google searches on "Mustang MT-82 transmission problems," now I'm in fear of taking my 2014 GT to the dealer for what I'll try to explain as High-pitched grinds when shifting into 6th gear. Ugh! Thanks Internetz!
If your car is still under warranty, take it to the stealership right away. If you wait for the problem to get worse, the stealership may decide not to honor the warranty and you'd be the one who ends up with a big repair bill (just like the bill the OP is trying to fight off right now).
Old 12-11-2014, 08:38 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by Buchez09GT
I read all this and some from google searches on "Mustang MT-82 transmission problems," now I'm in fear of taking my 2014 GT to the dealer for what I'll try to explain as High-pitched grinds when shifting into 6th gear. Ugh! Thanks Internetz!
Don’t fret, Buchez09GT. Make your appointment and I’ll get this escalated for you. PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

Deysha
Old 12-11-2014, 01:06 PM
iamzatch
2nd Gear Member

Ford Executive customer care got back to me today and their final answer is: no.

No warranty repair. Nothing..

I asked the lady to see if they would at least cover the charges the dealer wants to get the car so we can settle this "amicably".

Old 12-11-2014, 01:21 PM
chain1
4th Gear Member

That sucks. Sorry man.
Old 12-11-2014, 01:51 PM
Chromeshadow
3rd Gear Member

Did they say why? In writing?
Old 12-11-2014, 01:52 PM
iamzatch
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Chromeshadow
Did they say why? In writing?
They could not find the part that broke or reason for the damage.

other than the fact that 2nd gear disintegrated.
Old 12-11-2014, 01:57 PM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by iamzatch
They could not find the part that broke or reason for the damage.

other than the fact that 2nd gear disintegrated.
Did they look in the oil that was drained by the dealership that had the "metal pieces" in it?

Or maybe a critical part was accidentally omitted from the initial assembly.
Old 12-11-2014, 04:04 PM
iamzatch
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by PNYXPRESS
Did they look in the oil that was drained by the dealership that had the "metal pieces" in it?

Or maybe a critical part was accidentally omitted from the initial assembly.
I have no idea, there has been little to no transparency with this.

FMC has covered the dealer on their costs involved and is letting me take the car at no cost. My insurance offered to tow the car at no cost as well so it's currently being loaded on to a truck to go to a local transmission shop for a free diagnosis.

When I'm done at work today I'll be heading over to inspect my vehicle and see what the transmission shop has to say about it. I have not yet seen any of the parts so I am curious to see what a third party has to say about it.
Old 12-11-2014, 05:20 PM
Buchez09GT
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by iamzatch
I have no idea, there has been little to no transparency with this.

FMC has covered the dealer on their costs involved and is letting me take the car at no cost. My insurance offered to tow the car at no cost as well so it's currently being loaded on to a truck to go to a local transmission shop for a free diagnosis.

When I'm done at work today I'll be heading over to inspect my vehicle and see what the transmission shop has to say about it. I have not yet seen any of the parts so I am curious to see what a third party has to say about it.
FWIW - A couple cars ago I had transmission issues which required a replacement. I was sucked into a "free" diagnostic. Turns out, it was only free if I had the transmission worked on at their shop. Good luck with your 'Stang bro.

Also, I work in the IT department for a large Insurance company. A couple weeks back we were having major issues with our call routing system where, at random, you would be dumped into an over-flow queue where you would wait an eternity to speak with an agent. You would not believe the power of a tweet. We had 1 dissatisfied customer who was on hold for over 60 minutes. His tweet went all the way up the ladder to our CTO which then came down the ladder to my pager and sh#t got done.
You have nothing to loose my friend. Post your displeasure about your experience on Social Media Deysha's signature has the handles you should tweet too, or however the hell tweeting works.
Old 12-11-2014, 05:30 PM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Something sounds fishy with this.

Dealership says they will warranty it

Dealership says ford won't, nothing in writing and no call from dealer immediately

Dealer requires $2000 to get car back

Dealership then allows car to go for $275

Nothing showing warranty denied

First call from ford to OP that is posted says ford says no to anything

Now ford is covering all dealer cost for diagnosis to this point

OP, to our knowledge still hasn't received anything on paper making it official

Quick Reply: 2014 MT82 with 14k miles warranty VOIDED, dealer extorting me for $2k in fees