Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 MT82 with 14k miles warranty VOIDED, dealer extorting me for $2k in fees

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2014, 04:34 AM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Why did they remove the clutch to begin with?

With a trans issue the bell housing and clutch should have never been removed from the car as that would involve more cost for labor not covered by the transmission warranty.

After all of this did you ever end up with any paperwork specifically stating that the warranty was voided and the reason for the denial?

Last edited by PNYXPRESS; 12-12-2014 at 04:36 AM.
Old 12-12-2014, 07:41 AM
iamzatch
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by PNYXPRESS
Why did they remove the clutch to begin with?

With a trans issue the bell housing and clutch should have never been removed from the car as that would involve more cost for labor not covered by the transmission warranty.

After all of this did you ever end up with any paperwork specifically stating that the warranty was voided and the reason for the denial?
I believe they removed the clutch because they didnt want to do the work and they were trying to find more reasons to deny warranty service.

I do not have any of that information. Shouls I ask someone?
Old 12-12-2014, 07:47 AM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

You should absolutely have that information! Why are you just taking someones verbal statement? You should of at the very least got an invoice stating the initial complaint, dealer findings, and work performed.
Old 12-12-2014, 08:42 AM
Dino Dino Bambino
4th Gear Member

Well, I was considering trading up sometime in the future to a 2013 GT with an MT82 6-speed manual. Reading through this whole fiasco has put me off altogether and added to my mistrust of stealerships even more.
If this is the best Ford can do for their customers, I hope nobody will be stupid enough to buy the 2015 model. I certainly won't. Doing your utmost to avoid honoring warranty claims, and forcing your customers to incur the cost of repairing manufacturing defects, absolutely stinks and is a recipe for disaster. Ford should take note, especially in this day and age, where a bad reputation can spread like wildfire through social media and internet forums with the consequent loss of future business.
It's clear beyond any doubt now that the OP did NOT abuse his vehicle and Ford should make it right. Deysha?
Old 12-12-2014, 10:35 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by Buchez09GT
... You have nothing to loose my friend. Post your displeasure about your experience on Social Media Deysha's signature has the handles you should tweet too, or however the hell tweeting works.
We have been involved with this, Buchez09GT.
Originally Posted by PNYXPRESS
Something sounds fishy with this.
Dealership says they will warranty it
Dealership says ford won't, nothing in writing and no call from dealer immediately
Dealer requires $2000 to get car back
Dealership then allows car to go for $275
Nothing showing warranty denied
First call from ford to OP that is posted says ford says no to anything
Now ford is covering all dealer cost for diagnosis to this point

OP, to our knowledge still hasn't received anything on paper making it official
Just to clarify; if a specific repair is not being covered, it does not necessarily mean the whole warranty is voided, PNYXPRESS. Also, if the assigned CSM gets authorization to assist a customer for x-y reason, it is by all means possible. His CSM has been diligently assisting him in any way possible.

Originally Posted by Dino Dino Bambino
It's clear beyond any doubt now that the OP did NOT abuse his vehicle and Ford should make it right. Deysha?
Thanks for the mention, Dino Dino Bambino! We have been very involved, and unfortunately an FSE determined this was not a warrantable repair.

Deysha

Last edited by FordService; 12-12-2014 at 01:47 PM.
Old 12-12-2014, 11:12 AM
iamzatch
2nd Gear Member

After all the trouble yesterday and moving vehicles etc, the Ford Executive Office called me again today and they are willing to repair the vehicle under warranty, finally.

Unfortunately I dropped the vehicle off at a transmission shop today and the transmission was sent to a 3rd party for diagnosis, so I have incurred labor costs with this transmission shop unfortunately.

Ford has offered to reimburse me for the cost of towing from the shop to the new dealer I have selected.

Finally some resolution perhaps however this whole situation has been so confusing. Why did everything suddenly change in 24 hours? Perhaps I should just count my chickens and be happy but what an interesting experience.
Old 12-12-2014, 11:19 AM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Great news!!! Get your car and trans back ASAP from that place and hit up another dealer quickly.
Old 12-12-2014, 11:53 AM
Buchez09GT
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by FordService
The drag coefficient is a number that aerodynamicists use to model all of the complex dependencies of shape, inclination, and flow conditions on aircraft drag. This equation is simply a rearrangement of the drag equation where we solve for the drag coefficient in terms of the other variables.
Nice ... lol

Congrats OP. Hopefully you can put this all behind you and enjoy the rest of your days with the your Mustang!
Old 12-12-2014, 12:36 PM
GLOCKer
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by iamzatch
After all the trouble yesterday and moving vehicles etc, the Ford Executive Office called me again today and they are willing to repair the vehicle under warranty, finally.
I've been following this and I am very relieved for you! I am also relieved for myself; I love my Mustang and I've loved Ford products since I've been driving, and I would hate to have a similar situation happen to me!
Old 12-12-2014, 12:39 PM
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jhawkr
So I would need a salary of $128,000/yr to be able to "afford" my $42,700 Mustang.

Yeah right! I did have 20% down and a CR of 812 though.

The trouble with one-size-fit-all formulas is that they rarely do.
Technically you would need less....You only consider what you're financing.

With 20+% down you're financing 30-ish k. So if you're making 90k...you're golden. With a trade in on top of that then there is less to finance and more to afford on a lesser income. According to Forbes that is.

Also for Auto financing, unless things have changed, anything above a 720 doesn't change the net APR of the loan. Its an auto loan not a mortgage.

And

JZ is right... who cares how people want to spend their money or what they can or should afford.

The question here has always been ... how to help this OP.

---

Quick Reply: 2014 MT82 with 14k miles warranty VOIDED, dealer extorting me for $2k in fees