Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 MT82 with 14k miles warranty VOIDED, dealer extorting me for $2k in fees

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2014, 01:29 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Originally Posted by iamzatch
After all the trouble yesterday and moving vehicles etc, the Ford Executive Office called me again today and they are willing to repair the vehicle under warranty, finally.

Unfortunately I dropped the vehicle off at a transmission shop today and the transmission was sent to a 3rd party for diagnosis, so I have incurred labor costs with this transmission shop unfortunately.

Ford has offered to reimburse me for the cost of towing from the shop to the new dealer I have selected.

Finally some resolution perhaps however this whole situation has been so confusing. Why did everything suddenly change in 24 hours? Perhaps I should just count my chickens and be happy but what an interesting experience.
Maybe this thread? Regardless, sucks that this dealership gives the rest of them a bad name. I love the dealership I go to. Very professional, upfront, and put everything in writing. Been going there for about 7 years.

I won't name them because I don't want to get anyone in trouble but...
They are also flexible. When I did the A/C system on our Ford Escape they allowed me to have them drain the A/C system, let me do the work at home, and then let me bring the car back to them to recharge it and double check my work. All for the one time cost of their normal A/C discharge/refill fee ($89).

They also double checked everything for free when I did some suspension work as part of the alignment I had to get afterwards (strut/shock replacement).

Wish they could all be so good.
Old 12-12-2014, 01:47 PM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

After all the trouble yesterday and moving vehicles etc, the Ford Executive Office called me again today and they are willing to repair the vehicle under warranty, finally.

Unfortunately I dropped the vehicle off at a transmission shop today and the transmission was sent to a 3rd party for diagnosis, so I have incurred labor costs with this transmission shop unfortunately.

Ford has offered to reimburse me for the cost of towing from the shop to the new dealer I have selected.

Finally some resolution perhaps however this whole situation has been so confusing. Why did everything suddenly change in 24 hours? Perhaps I should just count my chickens and be happy but what an interesting experience.
That is great news, iamzatch!

Originally Posted by Buchez09GT
Nice ... lol

Congrats OP. Hopefully you can put this all behind you and enjoy the rest of your days with the your Mustang!
LOL!!! Yea ... about that, Buchez09GT.

Deysha

Last edited by FordService; 12-12-2014 at 01:51 PM.
Old 12-12-2014, 02:10 PM
berzerk_1980

Congratulations iamzatch. And thank you for taking this on. I know you basically had no choice, but posting your experience here has helped all the thread subscribers out.

Still curious about the clutch wear though. Is this your first manual transmission car? Did you let someone drive who shouldn't? Or was the tech wrong that this represents 50k wear in 10k? I feel like you still don't have a good answer as to why you were put through this.

I also understand if you've stopped caring why because you are just relieved the car well be fixed.
Old 12-12-2014, 02:40 PM
iamzatch
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by berzerk_1980
Congratulations iamzatch. And thank you for taking this on. I know you basically had no choice, but posting your experience here has helped all the thread subscribers out.

Still curious about the clutch wear though. Is this your first manual transmission car? Did you let someone drive who shouldn't? Or was the tech wrong that this represents 50k wear in 10k? I feel like you still don't have a good answer as to why you were put through this.

I also understand if you've stopped caring why because you are just relieved the car well be fixed.
It is not my first manual transmission, and nobody has driven it before me. I actually took possession of the car as it was rolling off the truck.

Not sure, I feel like the dealer was trying to scam me? The clutch looks fine in the picture yet they wanted to replace it: https://i.imgur.com/h4dN7Gr.png

$106 for transmission fluid?
$102 for driveshaft bolts?

I haven't stopped caring, I feel very deceived and I fear others are at risk of this happening to them.
Old 12-12-2014, 03:53 PM
akdoggie
2nd Gear Member

It is not my first manual transmission, and nobody has driven it before me. I actually took possession of the car as it was rolling off the truck.

Not sure, I feel like the dealer was trying to scam me? The clutch looks fine in the picture yet they wanted to replace it: https://i.imgur.com/h4dN7Gr.png

$106 for transmission fluid?
$102 for driveshaft bolts?

I haven't stopped caring, I feel very deceived and I fear others are at risk of this happening to them.

Do you have any pictures of the clutch disc itself? You show two pics of the pressure plate, and none of the disc. The plate looks like its been driven over 14k miles, honestly. I'd sure like to see the original disc. Looks like a fair amount of slippage for that few of miles. JMO of course.

Glad that Ford decided to just pay the claim. It actually cost them less to repair the car than to take the damage caused by social media anymore. I'm also glad that Deysha got involved and helped take care of the other members here.

Good luck with your car.
Old 12-12-2014, 04:09 PM
iamzatch
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by akdoggie
Do you have any pictures of the clutch disc itself? You show two pics of the pressure plate, and none of the disc. The plate looks like its been driven over 14k miles, honestly. I'd sure like to see the original disc. Looks like a fair amount of slippage for that few of miles. JMO of course.

Glad that Ford decided to just pay the claim. It actually cost them less to repair the car than to take the damage caused by social media anymore. I'm also glad that Deysha got involved and helped take care of the other members here.

Good luck with your car.
https://i.imgur.com/qqxDwhb.jpg

Sorry I thought what I provided was the clutch disc, it was actually the same picture I must have posted twice.
Old 12-12-2014, 06:41 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

Cool. 's workin out in the end.
Old 12-12-2014, 07:15 PM
cruisin5268d
4th Gear Member

OP, this sounds like a dealer scam. In my experience the actual OEM knows better be it Ford / Dodge / Chevrolet (a.k.a Recallolet) etc. etc.

I wish Ford would do more when there's a bad apple found because it brings down the entire company. Then again, I think cars should have set prices and end the numbers games.
Old 12-13-2014, 12:19 AM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

good to hear
Old 12-13-2014, 05:00 AM
2000AZ5.0GT
5th Gear Member

I believe they removed the clutch because they didnt want to do the work and they were trying to find more reasons to deny warranty service.

I do not have any of that information. Shouls I ask someone?
I'm going to back to the 20 ****ing posts several members have posted sayig to get it writing.

I've said it, others have said it, what does it take for you to get something in writing?

Or did you get something in writing that didn't coalesce with your version of the events, so you've left it out.

How have you literally gone 100% this far without getting a single f***ing piece of paper that describes anything that you're going through?

I don't honestly know of a business on the planet that works in this manner, but keep telling all these people that Ford, a company that probably produced a tree's worth of documents on this single issue, that you didn't get a statement regarding any of this.

You dont have anything to gain? Really?!?! Seems you just got 6,000 dollars in FREE F***ING work.

You said specifically "this is 100% what happened, no lies, nothing omitted", and 10 posts later, "I don't know why I left that out".

This whole f***ing thread reeks.

Quick Reply: 2014 MT82 with 14k miles warranty VOIDED, dealer extorting me for $2k in fees