Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 MT82 with 14k miles warranty VOIDED, dealer extorting me for $2k in fees

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2014, 07:02 AM
Dino Dino Bambino
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by iamzatch
After all the trouble yesterday and moving vehicles etc, the Ford Executive Office called me again today and they are willing to repair the vehicle under warranty, finally.

Unfortunately I dropped the vehicle off at a transmission shop today and the transmission was sent to a 3rd party for diagnosis, so I have incurred labor costs with this transmission shop unfortunately.

Ford has offered to reimburse me for the cost of towing from the shop to the new dealer I have selected.

Finally some resolution perhaps however this whole situation has been so confusing. Why did everything suddenly change in 24 hours? Perhaps I should just count my chickens and be happy but what an interesting experience.
Amazing what the threat of bad publicity can accomplish! Maybe a Ford exec read this thread or Deysha tipped them off. Either way a good result. If it was you Deysha, all credit to you for helping the OP and others.
I'm just glad that Ford have finally stepped up to the plate to do something they should have done in the first place so that you would have avoided all this aggravation. Make sure you get everything in writing so Ford won't go back on their word, and ask what the terms of the warranty will be for the new transmission.
Old 12-13-2014, 10:09 AM
iamzatch
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2000AZ5.0GT
I'm going to back to the 20 ****ing posts several members have posted sayig to get it writing.

I've said it, others have said it, what does it take for you to get something in writing?

Or did you get something in writing that didn't coalesce with your version of the events, so you've left it out.

How have you literally gone 100% this far without getting a single f***ing piece of paper that describes anything that you're going through?

I don't honestly know of a business on the planet that works in this manner, but keep telling all these people that Ford, a company that probably produced a tree's worth of documents on this single issue, that you didn't get a statement regarding any of this.

You dont have anything to gain? Really?!?! Seems you just got 6,000 dollars in FREE F***ING work.

You said specifically "this is 100% what happened, no lies, nothing omitted", and 10 posts later, "I don't know why I left that out".

This whole f***ing thread reeks.
You need to calm down.

I've never been in this situation before, I didn't recieve and didn't ask for paper documentation because I didn't know I could. You aren't just born with intuitions like this, forgive me for not pushing for this in the first place. Obviously a mistake.

The OP is valid, the truth, nothing is falsified. Just because I left something out that might have been important doesnt mean the rest of the thread loses its validity. The comments about the clutch were included in my letter to the executive office. I wrote this thread in a very quick unorganized manor.

I don't really get what your problem is, why you are so critical of me and my actions. Obviously I have made a few mistakes along the way but why does this bother you so much? This thread does not concern you one bit. While you have been somewhat helpful, you don't need to be a dick... It doesnt help or add anything to the cause.
Old 12-13-2014, 04:17 PM
BudgetPlan1
1st Gear Member

I don't really get what your problem is, why you are so critical of me and my actions.
Because you obviously don't know everything in the world like he does; and perhaps you made some mistakes which apparently he never has.

Monday Morning Quarterbacking from an Internet Einstein. Don't sweat it...glad you got your stuff fixed.
Old 12-13-2014, 07:49 PM
akdoggie
2nd Gear Member

https://i.imgur.com/qqxDwhb.jpg

Sorry I thought what I provided was the clutch disc, it was actually the same picture I must have posted twice.
Thanks for the picture. The side shown is the pressure plate side. Do you have the opposite side that contacts the flywheel picture? The PP side picture doesn't show much wear at all, but of course that is the side that doesn't catch the heat as much with hydraulic throwout bearings. Is it possible to show the other side of the clutch?

So far, the clutch doesn't show excessive abuse, but that's only with part of the picture. I still say, that Ford must of accessed the black box and came up with their decision. Otherwise,, there isn't much to show customer abuse. Remember the guy with the Camaro that blew the rear end? He sold it to back to GM and now owns a new Challenger. Nice car, but a gutless wonder. It's so damn heavy and bulky. I'll stick with my S197.
Old 12-13-2014, 08:21 PM
sbradle4
2nd Gear Member

congrats iamzatch. Glad everything got worked out as it should have. I actually had a dealership refuse to look at my car anymore for everything after taking it there several times for warranty work.

Anyways, there are a handful of people on this forum that like to puff themselve up and bully others... But for the most part we're all OK guys and gals. Just better to try to ignore them
Old 12-13-2014, 10:29 PM
2000AZ5.0GT
5th Gear Member

You need to calm down.

I've never been in this situation before, I didn't recieve and didn't ask for paper documentation because I didn't know I could. You aren't just born with intuitions like this, forgive me for not pushing for this in the first place. Obviously a mistake.

The OP is valid, the truth, nothing is falsified. Just because I left something out that might have been important doesnt mean the rest of the thread loses its validity. The comments about the clutch were included in my letter to the executive office. I wrote this thread in a very quick unorganized manor.

I don't really get what your problem is, why you are so critical of me and my actions. Obviously I have made a few mistakes along the way but why does this bother you so much? This thread does not concern you one bit. While you have been somewhat helpful, you don't need to be a dick... It doesnt help or add anything to the cause.
I don't like people manipulating others with bad publicity, especially when they were in the right. You came on here, and ranted and raved and got a year and a half's salary (or so you claim) worth of work done for free.

I have ZERO doubt that Ford has more than enough evidence to say flat out that you abused your car, and I have no doubt that you did. Sure, there are 20 year olds who are responsible drivers, but I guarantee none of them sheared 2nd gear inside of 20k miles.

Engineer is a protected title, not just anyone can legally call themselves that, and I'm 100% positive that a multi-national multi-billion dollar company isn't skirting the law. So when someone who is legally qualified to speak to the condition and cause of failure of mechanical equipment says something, that's who I'm going to believe. Not some 20 year old punk with "no experience" who has literally every reason to lie.

Originally Posted by Dino Dino Bambino
Amazing what the threat of bad publicity can accomplish!
Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1
Because you obviously don't know everything in the world like he does; and perhaps you made some mistakes which apparently he never has.

Monday Morning Quarterbacking from an Internet Einstein. Don't sweat it...glad you got your stuff fixed.
Not Einstein at all, but unlike seemingly everyone else, I don't have my head shoved up my *** enough to believe someone who has everything to gain and nothing to lose by lying.

If he's lying, is there a legal precedent anywhere that would cause anything to happen to him? No.

But we've seen he just got a pretty big win. 6,000 dollars. He's also said that it took him 3 years (at a job he's no longer at) to save up roughly twice that (ballpark) as a down payment. So, quite a huge win realistically.

Everything to gain, nothing to lose. I NEVER believe people in that situation, and if you do, well, common sense really isn't that common any more.
Old 12-13-2014, 10:32 PM
2000AZ5.0GT
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by sbradle4
congrats iamzatch. Glad everything got worked out as it should have. I actually had a dealership refuse to look at my car anymore for everything after taking it there several times for warranty work.

Anyways, there are a handful of people on this forum that like to puff themselve up and bully others... But for the most part we're all OK guys and gals. Just better to try to ignore them
Quote the post that shows puffery. Please. Every post on here has been on facts and what the OP said, absolutely nothing has been "Hey, I'm a smart dude, believe me".
Old 12-13-2014, 10:47 PM
iamzatch
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by akdoggie
Thanks for the picture. The side shown is the pressure plate side. Do you have the opposite side that contacts the flywheel picture? The PP side picture doesn't show much wear at all, but of course that is the side that doesn't catch the heat as much with hydraulic throwout bearings. Is it possible to show the other side of the clutch?

So far, the clutch doesn't show excessive abuse, but that's only with part of the picture. I still say, that Ford must of accessed the black box and came up with their decision. Otherwise,, there isn't much to show customer abuse. Remember the guy with the Camaro that blew the rear end? He sold it to back to GM and now owns a new Challenger. Nice car, but a gutless wonder. It's so damn heavy and bulky. I'll stick with my S197.
Unfortunately I don't have the parts in my possession, I snapped these pictures quickly when dropping everything off at a third party transmission shop.

I can say that if Ford did access the black box then there would be absolutely nothing for them to determine abuse from, because as I have said all along I literally haven't done anything bad with this car. I think this is boiling down to a scummy dealer and some miscommunications and other little things that went wrong.

Seeing as Ford is now (after a month) deciding to warranty the transmission I can confidently conclude that whats right has prevailed.
Old 12-13-2014, 11:09 PM
iamzatch
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2000AZ5.0GT
I don't like people manipulating others with bad publicity, especially when they were in the right. You came on here, and ranted and raved and got a year and a half's salary (or so you claim) worth of work done for free.

I have ZERO doubt that Ford has more than enough evidence to say flat out that you abused your car, and I have no doubt that you did. Sure, there are 20 year olds who are responsible drivers, but I guarantee none of them sheared 2nd gear inside of 20k miles.

Engineer is a protected title, not just anyone can legally call themselves that, and I'm 100% positive that a multi-national multi-billion dollar company isn't skirting the law. So when someone who is legally qualified to speak to the condition and cause of failure of mechanical equipment says something, that's who I'm going to believe. Not some 20 year old punk with "no experience" who has literally every reason to lie.

Not Einstein at all, but unlike seemingly everyone else, I don't have my head shoved up my *** enough to believe someone who has everything to gain and nothing to lose by lying.

If he's lying, is there a legal precedent anywhere that would cause anything to happen to him? No.

But we've seen he just got a pretty big win. 6,000 dollars. He's also said that it took him 3 years (at a job he's no longer at) to save up roughly twice that (ballpark) as a down payment. So, quite a huge win realistically.

Everything to gain, nothing to lose. I NEVER believe people in that situation, and if you do, well, common sense really isn't that common any more.
I feel inclined to respond only because you're literally off your rocker.

First and foremost, I've posted nowhere my salary so the fact you can assume that $6,000 = 1.5 years of my salary is ridiculous. Just because it took me 3 years to save to get a large downpayment does not mean that all the money I saved = all the money I earned. I also have payed for 3 years of college, in cash, with no loans. You have no idea how I saved or what amount of money I saved per month. Nor do you have any idea about my salary or monthly expenses. The fact you keep throwing around dollar values is absolutely baseless. This is a Mustang forum, not /r/personalfinance.

Furthermore, you seem to be blind to the fact that people make mistakes, companies have errors, and some authorized dealers and vendors for certain companies can and will be shady. Not everyone is squeaky clean in this world, and even I know that. Some companies commit fraud, make accounting errors, and even go as low to scam their own customers on a daily basis. Defending a company just because they have billions of dollars is like trying to defend Exxon for committing accounting fraud...

I created this thread for advice and help, not to be ridiculed by some jerk on the Internet who can't acknowledge or think critically for more than 2 seconds that maybe, just maybe, this guy got in an incredibly unlucky and sticky situation. It would be stupid for me to lie about this whole situation to get advice because the advice I would be getting would be completely worthless. Instead you're calling me a "punk". LOL seriously? And I'm the immature one, yet you are calling people names on the Internet. If Ford Engineering had absolutely sufficient evidence to call the car 100% abused they wouldn't have re-reviewed the case and determined that they were going to warrant the transmission in the end.

Sure I have absolutely a bit of ignorance on these situations, and this experience has taught me a lot. But just because the age of my physical body = 20 years old does not mean anything. You are literally spouting out judgements and assumptions based on my age. Believe it or not, most 20 year olds my age are out drinking and partying and not giving a rats *** whats going on in the world. I have been working my *** off for a dream I've had over half my life and its ridiculous to me that there are people in society so unenlightened as you.

Forgive me for being upset. At the beginning of this thread you were critical, but helpful to me, and you gave me some real world advice. Sometimes thats the things people need to hear. However now you are simply being an Internet bully, borderline trolling really, and I refuse to respond any further to your comments or allegations. I know in my heart that what I have said here in this thread is the truth and that I wouldn't have gone this far if what I was saying was not factual. Thankfully the situation is almost resolved anyway.. I will post back when my car is back in my possession fully repaired.

Last edited by iamzatch; 12-13-2014 at 11:12 PM.
Old 12-13-2014, 11:18 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

closed for now at OP request