Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2008 GT Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2014, 07:44 PM
Vosker
2nd Gear Member

Default 2008 GT Exhaust

I'm looking for something extremely loud and sounds amazing that you can hear me from the other end of the road! I need suggestions!
Old 12-05-2014, 08:58 PM
ticopowell
2nd Gear Member

Most drastic option, and loudest, but not sure good it would sound is getting long tubes, no cats, straight tubes all the way back is how to make it as loud as possible, if you want you can even have it exit straight out of the headers with nothing else... might not be the best option for your motor, but it sure would be loud.
If you want something that sounds decent you should check out exhausts sets on vendors websites, listen to them and see what you think.
If you don't want to do headers then you can get an x or h pipe along with a catback system, x pipes are going to be more raspy, like a racecar, while an h-pipe is more has more low rumble to my understanding.
The least expensive route would be to either delete mufflers or find a set of mufflers that you like. I just replaced my mufflers with flowmasters and they are a lot louder, definitely able to be heard while down the street when I'm getting on it.

As you can see there are a lot of options. I hope that helps...
Old 12-05-2014, 11:33 PM
sbradle4
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Vosker
I'm looking for something extremely loud and sounds amazing that you can hear me from the other end of the road! I need suggestions!
I have flowmaster outlaws on my 2010 gt. loud and amazing. Haven't met a person that said they didn't like the sound in person.
Old 12-06-2014, 09:58 AM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

I ran LTs, o/r h-pipe, and muffler deletes on my 08 for about a month before I put the stock manifolds and cats back on. It was just way too loud. Now I just run the muffler deletes and it sounds good.
Old 12-06-2014, 03:15 PM
cema93
2nd Gear Member

i would have to say longtubes, then an offroad pipe.

YOU DID ASK for something that sounds amazing. so u do care about the sound and not just decibel level ..smart

From everything that i have heard in the past, ! IMO ! i wouldnt recommend going with an x pipe and muffler deletes or resonator tips. IMO it is just insane raspy racey sounding but loud. it may be ok with a muffler like american thunder or MAC idk.

Now if u want a muffler delete or resonator tip with an H pipe, that may be on the edge of reasonable. If i were u and wanted something loud loud with good sound i would just get LT headers, offroad h pipe, then flowmaster outlaws or Mac boomtubes. thatll do it guaranteed. unless u want a more expensive route?

I know that with my setup (LT>offroad H>Mac Mufflers) people can hear me from at least down the road. people here my car from a ways off and i am not stomping the throttle.
Old 12-06-2014, 05:22 PM
Vosker
2nd Gear Member

well I have a friend at school that has classic american thunders I do believe and they sound amazing and their loud too, but I don't want to get the same exact thing as him I actually want to beat him lol
Old 12-06-2014, 07:25 PM
sbradle4
2nd Gear Member

well I have a friend at school that has classic american thunders I do believe and they sound amazing and their loud too, but I don't want to get the same exact thing as him I actually want to beat him lol
I had the classic 40 series as well before the outlaws. The outlaws do not sound like your daddy's flowmasters. They are much louder, and different tone from the 40 series. I think the outlaws have less drone too, but just my opinion
Old 12-07-2014, 05:12 AM
Dino Dino Bambino
4th Gear Member

The combination of LT headers, offroad midpipe, and Roush axlebacks (or muffler deletes) will be loud enough to wake up the dead.
Old 12-07-2014, 09:57 AM
Techlit

The stock exhaust on all GT mustangs before 2011 sound gorgeous. If you want louder: Off-road H-pipe.
Old 12-09-2014, 10:56 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Off road H with borla types. The cheapest route to a great tone. LTs with this option only will enhance it even more. Loud thick deep muscle car tones.

Quick Reply: 2008 GT Exhaust