Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turning off TPMS, there HAS to be a way...

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2014, 02:36 PM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Chromeshadow
"If you want safe drivers, take out the driver's airbag and put a 6 inch spike in the middle of the steering wheel."
exactly.

Front airbags are absolutely useless IF you are properly seated AND properly wearing a seatbelt. I have yet to roll up to a crash scene and see where airbags did any good when the person was belted in. I have seen on multiple occasions though where the airbag caused injuries.
The ONLY airbag I see as heplful is side airbags, where it doesn't take much to have intrusion from a side impact.

But its also my opinion that seatbelts should be optional for adults over 18, However, if you are injured in a collision and its proven you weren't restrained then insurance should be allowed to deny medical coverage.
Old 12-30-2014, 06:57 PM
JimC

Originally Posted by PNYXPRESS

But its also my opinion that seatbelts should be optional for adults over 18, However, if you are injured in a collision and its proven you weren't restrained then insurance should be allowed to deny medical coverage.
Who do you think will end up paying for the medical bills in your scenario? The injured person will get treatment - just their insurance would deny coverage and payment. So where do you think that money will come from?
Old 12-30-2014, 07:17 PM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

It's not a perfect plan, I admit. But it could work
Old 12-30-2014, 10:08 PM
cruisin5268d
4th Gear Member

This thread has certainly taken an odd turn. Now we are in some sort of twisted fantasy land where airbags, ABS, power steering, fuel injection, satellite navigation, and seatbelts should be optional equipment (if offered at all).

While we're at it let's get rid of stop lights and remove solid stripes down road. Everything should be a passing zone if you've got the skill....amiright????
Old 12-31-2014, 05:42 AM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

^theoretically you are correct. Common sense and paying attention while driving should allow that to happen. None of those things existed when the first cars came out. Shoot, there are some small towns that still don't have either of those.
Old 01-02-2015, 02:48 PM
13V6coupe
I drive a V6 because I'm a giant wimp

Originally Posted by Derf00
Wait what!?! Make people take personal responsibility and use common sense!?! WTF How dare you infringe on my personal freedom to be a dumb **** and not give a chit about anyone or anything else but myself! You sir are a !)@$^%*!!! If I want to drive 50mph in the snow or haul **** through a school zone, or snap chat/text on my phone while driving or drinking, etc, YOU cannot tell ME what to do! Fug you very much!

/sarcasm

To be honest, I totally agree with you, however, responsible people that use common sense are not the majority. It's the idiotic self serving entitled ****** that keep breeding so until we see a reversal, I'm all for the nannies. As long as I can disable the ones that hinder my driving enjoyment. TPMS and seatbelts are not on that list
Good to see you actually do have some reasonable account..

But I still don't believe it is the governments job to dictate (be nannies) to the citizens what you or I have to put up with on the scale it is abused by the government.
Where to draw the line? (just a couple examples)
-back up cameras, really- if people are so fricking stupid and lazy they can't turn their head and make sure the path is clear- they should not be driving
-tire pressure sensors- again if you are too incompetent to check your air pressure or have someone check it for you, you should not be driving
-traction control- really, you are so inept at driving you need this...option sure, but not mandatory
-ABS-- option
-Airbags--option
-hill assist--option

You go onto any car lot today and much of this "****" is ordered at the dealer level simply because it gives them higher profits. But the government has a knack for continually abusing their power and finding more and more ways to infringe upon personal freedoms, which always costs us more money too.... but the real issue is, if I want to drive a 1000hp rear wheel drive true posi car down an icy road,with no seat belts and no air bags and no abs etc... that is my right and I should be allowed to do so (not that I would much care for that exact scenario, but that should be my choice-not someone elses)

And to your earlier comment on my driving.... I am a very responsible driver and do pay attention to the road and my surroundings and no I do not text and drive or even talk on the phone and drive or play with the radio and yes most of the time when not shifting I do have 2 hands on the wheel and my mirrors adjusted properly. And if my loved ones were killed by some jackweed I wouldn't blame the government I would blame the jackweed for being a jackweed, was the government driving his car? NO- so why should we be nannied into thinking it is their fault or their problem--it isn't about legislation it is about being a good driver that is attentive and responsible.... a good citizen who takes responsibility for their actions and acdepts accountability