Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1 month and 14 days later-- I finally have my Mustang back

Old 01-01-2015, 04:12 PM
iamzatch
2nd Gear Member

Default 1 month and 14 days later-- I finally have my Mustang back

As many of you know, I went through this ordeal: https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005...k-in-fees.html

I just picked up my fixed vehicle from the second dealer yesterday, 1 month and 14 days after initially dropping it off at the first dealer. The transmission was completely replaced and I am happy to report that so far it seems like it is operating correctly- a bit notchy honestly but its in the negative degrees here in Colorado this week so I'm not too concerned.

The second dealer's diagnosis was 2nd gear damage due to failed 2nd gear synchronizer ring, and there was additional damage to the 3rd gear due to the significant amount of metal in the transmission. They told FMC that it was unlikely a full transmission replacement was necessary, and they could replace a few internal components only and be fine, however FMC pushed back and said that a full replacement was what they wanted because that is what the original dealer attempted to invoice me for.

When I picked up the car I asked the service manager about the outrageous charges from the first dealer's invoice including $108 for driveshaft bolts (which were not replaced and didn't need to be replaced at this mileage) and $102 for transmission fluid (which is 7 quarts if you buy the good stuff, this car only uses 2.7 quarts). He just shook his head and apologized.

Furthermore I asked him about the condition of the clutch and if replacement as suggested by the first dealership was necessary (they said the car was unsafe to drive given the clutch's current state). He re-iterated what the 3rd party transmission shop said: that the clutch looked normal for the mileage of my vehicle and that no replacement was necessary at all.

All in all I am happy to have my vehicle back. I am thankful for the assistance of the many competent Ford people I have spoken to, including the lady at the executive office who has helped me so much.

I'm absolutely just at the first dealer at this point. Absolutely disgusted with their actions and attempts to extort me out of money. Left a sour taste in my mouth for weeks, but when I turned my car on yesterday and the exhaust put a smile on my face I felt just a little bit better.

Thanks MustangForums for your support-- even the most critical of you.
Old 01-01-2015, 04:17 PM
iamzatch
2nd Gear Member

And just for ****s and giggles heres a picture of her on our snow-covered street.
Attached Thumbnails 1 month and 14 days later-- I finally have my Mustang back-img_0309.jpg  
Old 01-01-2015, 04:59 PM
ThaiCobra
3rd Gear Member

Glad you got it worked out man, talk about a pain in the ***.
Old 01-01-2015, 06:06 PM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Glad everything worked out for the best and you found an honest dealership to fix the first ones shady work practice.
Old 01-01-2015, 06:45 PM
JimC

I'm glad you got it worked out and taken care of.
Old 01-01-2015, 07:19 PM
P51C
2nd Gear Member

Yeah, BTDT, man...took me a month to get my car back repaired after the input shaft bearing imploded without provocation, giving the unique supercharger whine...

I negotiate hard stuff for a living and this took everything I had but, like you, eventually the situation was remedied. In my case, the dealer rebuilt the transmission and it has been fine since.

It would have been cheaper to cave early and just send another box. The dealer billed out tot the mother corp at 20 hours labour plus parts and I had the dealer's service loaner for the entire month my car was laid up.
Old 01-01-2015, 07:44 PM
dkpGTCS
2nd Gear Member

Glad it (finally) worked out for you!
Old 01-01-2015, 08:52 PM
DRAGUL
5th Gear Member

Glad to see it all worked out for you. I would however report the first dealer to your DMV for the bogus charges.
Old 01-01-2015, 09:47 PM
teesatt

Default Nice

Great that it worked out. Been following this story and glad to see you persevere. Be that Squeaky Wheel. Great that the second dealer was willing to help.
Old 01-02-2015, 02:35 AM
yourmyboybh1026
3rd Gear Member

Good to see everything worked out. Too bad there are still stealerships still out there. I guess I'm lucky I've always had good dealerships near me to take my car to.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1 month and 14 days later-- I finally have my Mustang back