Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1 month and 14 days later-- I finally have my Mustang back

Old 01-02-2015, 08:25 AM
GLOCKer
2nd Gear Member

Glad to hear it. As a fellow Mustang owner, you don't want to hear bad stuff coming down from corporate. You want to hear that fellow drivers of your favorite cars made by your favorite car company are being taken care of. I'm glad this was the case with your particular situation!
Old 01-02-2015, 09:43 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by iamzatch
As many of you know, I went through this ordeal: https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005...k-in-fees.html

I just picked up my fixed vehicle from the second dealer yesterday, 1 month and 14 days after initially dropping it off at the first dealer. The transmission was completely replaced and I am happy to report that so far it seems like it is operating correctly- a bit notchy honestly but its in the negative degrees here in Colorado this week so I'm not too concerned. ...
Glad this was taken care of for you, iamzatch! I've also forwarded your kind words to your EL rep.

Deysha
Old 01-02-2015, 09:54 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Awesome to hear about how you were able to find a resolution. You should show the first dealer what had been done by the more competent dealer. I would. Anyway congrats bud. Enjoy the car in the spring
Old 01-03-2015, 04:53 AM
Dino Dino Bambino
4th Gear Member

So glad you had a good resolution for the repair of your car. It's nice to know that some good dealerships still exist.
Hope you'll enjoy driving it from here on.
Old 01-03-2015, 08:51 AM
jz78817
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by iamzatch
As many of you know, I went through this ordeal: https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005...k-in-fees.html

I just picked up my fixed vehicle from the second dealer yesterday, 1 month and 14 days after initially dropping it off at the first dealer. The transmission was completely replaced and I am happy to report that so far it seems like it is operating correctly- a bit notchy honestly but its in the negative degrees here in Colorado this week so I'm not too concerned.
yeah, the MT-82 isn't the smoothest shifting when cold, even with the updated fluid. 'course, the TR3650 that was in my 2010 wasn't either.

so Ford actually did cover this repair then?
Old 01-03-2015, 11:29 PM
iamzatch
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jz78817
yeah, the MT-82 isn't the smoothest shifting when cold, even with the updated fluid. 'course, the TR3650 that was in my 2010 wasn't either.

so Ford actually did cover this repair then?
Ford did cover the repair under full warranty.
Old 01-05-2015, 06:41 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

Glad you finally got everything resolved, and fixed.
Old 01-05-2015, 10:26 PM
loots06
5th Gear Member

Nice!!
Old 01-15-2015, 10:36 PM
ford4v429
3rd Gear Member

really glad they fixed this- I wouldnt worry about it being 'tight', as that will gradually loosen up during break in. the pic of your clutch in the other thread, the disc looked just like a new one, the little spotting on the PP I'm guessing might be more telltale of riding the clutch(a little) to hold on a hill than abuse...

I'm still curious how the rep initially decided it was abused- i dont see it with the clutch, would be interesting to know the thought process behind the diagnosis. if a gear/synchro shed a tooth or part of one, it would quickly destroy the whole thing, maybe driving too far with it making noise would be considered abuse, but they shoulda explained even that, rather than giving a impression the thing had been thrashed around in clutch smoking 7000 rpm shifts

sure glad they are fixing it- hopefully the factory diagnosis guys might have got a little 'err on the customer side' talk, stuff happens, and with the track record of the mt82's teething pains, unless absolute cause/effect could be determined, folks should only expect warranty things to be easy and rare...

I got greif from guys I work with, after about a dozen powershifted runs at the track, I hurt my 2nd synchro- didnt bust any teeth, but musta glazed/smoked the friction surfaces, the car would no-how/no way go into second above 4k, and daily locked out of second in normal driving- guys were like"thats what warranty is for"- I disagreed- I tore it up, knew I did, and couldnt even think of trying to get someone else to pay for it... now had the motor blown(100% stock) I woulda felt it shoulda tolerated blips to redline, they knew what the motor was safe at, and that was my biggest reason for not getting a tuner...still havent. by pure luck though, I was shopping for a takeout tranny, someone suggested royal purple oil... what the heck, like 80 bucks to try- within minutes the tranny was silky smooth, within a half hour of driving, second was better than new- will shift clean at 6k every time... I had put up with the balky second almost a year, the drained oil looked like new, no burnt smell/shavings or anything, but obviously whatever had cooked onto the 2nd synchro cleaned right off, that was like 2-3 yrs ago, still smooth as silk... anyways, after hearing the 'warranty' calls from guys at work, I totally understand Fords likely 'abuse' mentality- these cars are just too fun... but still, things happen they cant lose sight of that.
my 06 has been dead reliable, by far the best car Ive ever owned- and the only one I never minded making payments/putting gas in- they are absolutely wonderful cars. my only complaint is the absolute crap job they do on prep/paint of the hoods- they are having paint failures emanating from the underside of the crimped edges on most...otherwise they are in my opinion the most bang for the buck ever

very thankful that Ford has gotten better at their customer care reps and given them the ability to at least push a little bit- guarantee Deysha and some of the 'car guys' at corporate swayed the turnaround for you- we are all lucky to have them
hope you get as much troublefree enjoyment out of yours as I have- we wound up with three(06/07/09) and last summer we loaded up the 06/07 for a 6000 mile cross country caravan... 4 kids, oldest two got to drive some of the most beautiful roads on earth, for the first time, the wife and I got all the driving breaks we wanted only car isssue was a nail in a tire of the wifes 07 when we got back into ohio- had a plug kit packed, only lost about 5 minutes... love these cars!

Last edited by ford4v429; 01-15-2015 at 10:38 PM.
Old 01-15-2015, 11:19 PM
iamzatch
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ford4v429
really glad they fixed this- I wouldnt worry about it being 'tight', as that will gradually loosen up during break in. the pic of your clutch in the other thread, the disc looked just like a new one, the little spotting on the PP I'm guessing might be more telltale of riding the clutch(a little) to hold on a hill than abuse...

I'm still curious how the rep initially decided it was abused- i dont see it with the clutch, would be interesting to know the thought process behind the diagnosis. if a gear/synchro shed a tooth or part of one, it would quickly destroy the whole thing, maybe driving too far with it making noise would be considered abuse, but they shoulda explained even that, rather than giving a impression the thing had been thrashed around in clutch smoking 7000 rpm shifts

sure glad they are fixing it- hopefully the factory diagnosis guys might have got a little 'err on the customer side' talk, stuff happens, and with the track record of the mt82's teething pains, unless absolute cause/effect could be determined, folks should only expect warranty things to be easy and rare...

I got greif from guys I work with, after about a dozen powershifted runs at the track, I hurt my 2nd synchro- didnt bust any teeth, but musta glazed/smoked the friction surfaces, the car would no-how/no way go into second above 4k, and daily locked out of second in normal driving- guys were like"thats what warranty is for"- I disagreed- I tore it up, knew I did, and couldnt even think of trying to get someone else to pay for it... now had the motor blown(100% stock) I woulda felt it shoulda tolerated blips to redline, they knew what the motor was safe at, and that was my biggest reason for not getting a tuner...still havent. by pure luck though, I was shopping for a takeout tranny, someone suggested royal purple oil... what the heck, like 80 bucks to try- within minutes the tranny was silky smooth, within a half hour of driving, second was better than new- will shift clean at 6k every time... I had put up with the balky second almost a year, the drained oil looked like new, no burnt smell/shavings or anything, but obviously whatever had cooked onto the 2nd synchro cleaned right off, that was like 2-3 yrs ago, still smooth as silk... anyways, after hearing the 'warranty' calls from guys at work, I totally understand Fords likely 'abuse' mentality- these cars are just too fun... but still, things happen they cant lose sight of that.
my 06 has been dead reliable, by far the best car Ive ever owned- and the only one I never minded making payments/putting gas in- they are absolutely wonderful cars. my only complaint is the absolute crap job they do on prep/paint of the hoods- they are having paint failures emanating from the underside of the crimped edges on most...otherwise they are in my opinion the most bang for the buck ever

very thankful that Ford has gotten better at their customer care reps and given them the ability to at least push a little bit- guarantee Deysha and some of the 'car guys' at corporate swayed the turnaround for you- we are all lucky to have them
hope you get as much troublefree enjoyment out of yours as I have- we wound up with three(06/07/09) and last summer we loaded up the 06/07 for a 6000 mile cross country caravan... 4 kids, oldest two got to drive some of the most beautiful roads on earth, for the first time, the wife and I got all the driving breaks we wanted only car isssue was a nail in a tire of the wifes 07 when we got back into ohio- had a plug kit packed, only lost about 5 minutes... love these cars!
I am thankful for having my situation resolved, but unfortunately looking back, it has really left a bitter taste in my mouth.

I am now forced to not enjoy the car I loved at all, it hasn't seen over 3k rpm since I got it back and it probably wont ever again. Even accelerating on the highway spiritedly was fun.. now its out of the question. I'm too scared of something else going wrong and being accused of abusing it again. I'm too scared of being taken advantage again by a bad place of business.

Retrospectively I had an issue with second gear for a while, and it likely had a failed tooth or something on the sychro and it got worse and worse while I mostly ignored the problem thinking it was just the MT82 being an MT82.

The dealership said they determined it to be abuse based off the clutch wear and the condition of the 2nd gear and that they couldn't find, and I quote, a "broken part". I wish I took pictures. The 2nd gear sychro was ground up and missing various teeth, absolutely not in any operable condition. The 2nd gear sychro was the broken part-- parts fail, machining isn't perfect, neither is metal casting. I just don't understand what their end goal was. to extort money from me?

I used to have dreams of this being my toy as I grow older that I eventually could put mods on and could be the nice weekend car. Unfortunately I'll probably sell it in a few years and I will be unlikely to buy another Ford again, and probably unlikely to buy another performance vehicle until I'm much older and have the backbone to not let people **** with me.

Despite the fact the situation is "resolved", its really overall ruined the whole Mustang dream for me, 10 years of waiting for this wasn't what I asked for . Maybe I'll get over it soon.

Last edited by iamzatch; 01-15-2015 at 11:22 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1 month and 14 days later-- I finally have my Mustang back