Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

oil change time

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2015, 08:38 AM
Bobby B

I am too old to crawling under my Mustang, so I go to my Ford dealer for routine service. I use the Ford recommended oil change interval of 10,000 miles, and the dealer uses Castrol GTX.
Old 01-26-2015, 05:58 PM
giaka

Originally Posted by Bobby B
I am too old to crawling under my Mustang, so I go to my Ford dealer for routine service. I use the Ford recommended oil change interval of 10,000 miles, and the dealer uses Castrol GTX.
Oil change on this car is super simple. Just did mine, used Mobil One 5W 30. Im only 52 so crawling around under the car isn't so bad just yet.
Old 01-29-2015, 07:25 AM
OlPal
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by dslpow3r
I have mine done at the dealer for peace of mind, they use synthetic blend Motocraft oil. I pay 39.95, for "the works" package, this includes rotating the tires and some other things. I will spend the extra money, so I dont have to deal with the headache of getting rid of used oil. I wont go to one of those oil changing chains because they had a 19.95 special, after they forgot to put new oil in my buddies vehicle and ruin his motor. It took him a while to get that sorted out.

I don't know how Tac2cul gets his info to form his opinion about not using Fast Lane !
It's Quick, Convenient, Done by Ford Guys, Good Peace of Mind service !
We have 3 FREE oil change services on file waiting to be used, which is another benefit !
Plus I saved $140 on my 4 Michelins to put on my American Muscle Chrome Bullitt wheels ! Best deal I could find !!
As for time & Distance on oil;
my wife has hers done every 5,000 with syn blend, & by their rotations her RSA Goodyears still have good tread after 42,000 miles 1
for our Mustang, I don't worry about the mileage, just change every 6 months ! [drive low miles]

Last edited by OlPal; 01-29-2015 at 08:05 AM. Reason: add; am switching to Pennzoil 5w20 Full Syn with Fram Syn Filter on next change !
Old 02-02-2015, 01:55 PM
dslpow3r
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by OlPal
I don't know how Tac2cul gets his info to form his opinion about not using Fast Lane !
It's Quick, Convenient, Done by Ford Guys, Good Peace of Mind service !
We have 3 FREE oil change services on file waiting to be used, which is another benefit !
Plus I saved $140 on my 4 Michelins to put on my American Muscle Chrome Bullitt wheels ! Best deal I could find !!
As for time & Distance on oil;
my wife has hers done every 5,000 with syn blend, & by their rotations her RSA Goodyears still have good tread after 42,000 miles 1
for our Mustang, I don't worry about the mileage, just change every 6 months ! [drive low miles]

First off, if you a refering to me put on your glasses if you going to quote me, and then use someone else's handle. Secondly the OP stated he would use whatever service station would give him the best deal in the first part of the post. I simply stated I go to the dealer for ease of mind and tend to stay away from the "cheapest" place town.
Old 02-02-2015, 06:02 PM
blchandl2

I have mine done at the dealer for peace of mind, they use synthetic blend Motocraft oil. I pay 39.95, for "the works" package, this includes rotating the tires and some other things. I will spend the extra money, so I dont have to deal with the headache of getting rid of used oil. I wont go to one of those oil changing chains because they had a 19.95 special, after they forgot to put new oil in my buddies vehicle and ruin his motor. It took him a while to get that sorted out.
If my dealer would change the oil and rotate tires for $40, I would take it to them. They want around $90 for that.
Old 02-03-2015, 12:19 PM
Xann27
1st Gear Member

I take mine to a ford dealer. ive got a mini folder of actual paper recipts that show ONLY factory work has ever been done to my car. so when i go to sell the car (10 years?) I can show the buyer that my 2014 GT was always taken care of and the proof is in their hands. 8 quarts of oil if you do it yourself can get expensive. especially if you go synthetic with Royal purple or redline. and then theres the used oil... doing it yourself is fun and gets you closer to your vehicle, but being able to show someone that guys at ford did it, is peace of mind. swapping to a full synthetic will really do very little. ford made these coyote motors and designed them to used a synth blend for a reason.
Old 02-04-2015, 01:48 PM
OlPal
2nd Gear Member

First off, if you a refering to me put on your glasses if you going to quote me, and then use someone else's handle. Secondly the OP stated he would use whatever service station would give him the best deal in the first part of the post. I simply stated I go to the dealer for ease of mind and tend to stay away from the "cheapest" place town.

You missed my subtle reply;
I was agreeing with you , while saying I didn't understand where the other poster got his opinion !!
Sorry if I was unclear in the way I agreed with you !!
Old 02-04-2015, 10:48 PM
MuscleStangGT05
1st Gear Member

Here in Oregon we have Oil Can Henry's. They do a full check of all your fluids and drop a dip on a clear plastic sheet so you can see exactly what all your oil looks like. And they show up on a carfax, which helps with maintenance records if you ever chose to sell in the future. They normally charge 30 bucks if you bring your own oil and they always have a coupon for 10 off. 20 bucks every three months is worth it for me....no mess, no waiting for the recycle man to take your old oil, they check everything, and they give you service records. FWIW I use Mobile 1 Extended Performance 5w-20.
Old 02-05-2015, 03:39 PM
scottmach
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Xann27
I take mine to a ford dealer. ive got a mini folder of actual paper recipts that show ONLY factory work has ever been done to my car. so when i go to sell the car (10 years?) I can show the buyer that my 2014 GT was always taken care of and the proof is in their hands. 8 quarts of oil if you do it yourself can get expensive. especially if you go synthetic with Royal purple or redline. and then theres the used oil... doing it yourself is fun and gets you closer to your vehicle, but being able to show someone that guys at ford did it, is peace of mind. swapping to a full synthetic will really do very little. ford made these coyote motors and designed them to used a synth blend for a reason.
There's so much fail in this post..........
Old 02-05-2015, 04:26 PM
Choppertwo
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Bobby B
C-MON, I'm 65 and did my 7500 oil change and getting ready to do it again at 15000, using Mobil 1 full synthetic. We have an oil disposing station, thats free at our dump site

Quick Reply: oil change time