Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEED YOUR GUYS HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2015, 02:00 AM
JJHoover
2nd Gear Member

the creaking could be from a caliper sticking, I would check that out, if a caliper or both calipers are sticking it could cause the rotors to warp.
Old 02-09-2015, 01:16 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Originally Posted by wcgman
Ok - so you know, you do NOT have a ford racing CAI. You have a Ford Racing Intake Manifold (http://www.americanmuscle.com/ford-r...-manifold.html) That might mean that the car also has other work like cams done on it. Looking at the second picture and the rake of the car, this looks like it's had suspension work done because it's clearly been lowered. It is very plain to me that this is not a stock GT. There's been other cosmetic work done on the car too. With all of that, you actually might have gotten a damned good deal.

The shaking during braking is very likely warped rotors. Just cut to the chase and replace them. While the calipers are off, follow Derf's advice and install the hardware kit which will almost certainly fix the creaking. You should also lube any bushings you see. Everything that CMcNam said is also on the money. I would not sell this car. Chase the little gremlins for a while and fix them. Once you're done, you will have a car that you are happy about and will treat you very well for many years and miles to come.

One other thing to potentially try is to hit up the major vendors like American Muscle, etc... who sponsor this site. Ask them if your VIN is in their database for a tuner and if they can tell you what parts were sold to the previous owner. You might be able to get that info as a baseline to know where to start in fixing some of the issues you are having. Best of luck.
Good eye on the Manifold (not CAI). I hadn't looked at the pics :/ Regardless, any kind of aftermarket Intake Manifold (including Ford Racing) requires a tune. Without a tune you will throw a code and even possibly hurt the motor (besides running wonky).

I agree that most of the stuff you've described (OP) is minor and no reason to give up on the car. After the brakes and tune you may find the car is pretty sweet (performance wise)
Old 02-09-2015, 08:38 PM
MuscleStangGT05
1st Gear Member

Now that I can see a pic of what the OP has, those manifolds will definitely need a tune to be able to run properly...direct quote from American Muscle
"Technical Note. A new Computer Tune is required for installation. Will not fit with Ford Racing Strut Tower Braces"
Should be super easy to sell if you wanted to go stock. Most people would pay cash and trade their old manifold with everything attached for a FRPP manifold. If you ever plan to mod your stang tho I'd keep it if I was you. That is one of those parts that will show more gains with the more parts you add on.