Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Red Fluid Leak near the P/S rack?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2015, 02:21 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Originally Posted by jeremy813
Final verdict for closure's sake...

REFERRED TO TSB 14-0212, REPLACED WATER PUMP, SEALS, AND THERM HOUSING TO DEGAS HOSE RECHECK AND VERIFIED AS PER TSB 14-0212

Took an extra day to order that hose. Haven't been home yet to see all the new damage caused by the dealer monkeys.
Funny....if you felt that way (dealer monkey's and damage), why bother taking it to the dealer in the first place? Take it to a shop and simply pay to have the repairs done....

Sorry I find it hilarious when people bitch and moan about the dealer yet still go to it. If the dealer in your area is so bad, then either find another dealer or buy a different brand of car with a dealer that has a good reputation (research before you buy a car). If all the dealers in my area were crappy dealers, I'd find something else to buy. I would not sink money into a new car that couldn't be serviced properly by the local dealer.

There are three in my area. One is awesome, one is total shiz (and if they were the only dealer around I wouldn't have bought new fords), and one is in the middle. Chevy and Mercedes dealers around here suck so they will NEVER be on my new car want list, I don't care what they offer. If not Ford then Dodge for me in my area.

Anyways, glad they figured out the leak so fast. Oh and while you don't have any PS fluid with your system, if you have an automatic, you will still have tranny fluid which is red as well.
Old 04-02-2015, 04:41 PM
jeremy813
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Derf00
Funny....if you felt that way (dealer monkey's and damage), why bother taking it to the dealer in the first place? Take it to a shop and simply pay to have the repairs done....

Sorry I find it hilarious when people bitch and moan about the dealer yet still go to it. If the dealer in your area is so bad, then either find another dealer or buy a different brand of car with a dealer that has a good reputation (research before you buy a car). If all the dealers in my area were crappy dealers, I'd find something else to buy. I would not sink money into a new car that couldn't be serviced properly by the local dealer.

There are three in my area. One is awesome, one is total shiz (and if they were the only dealer around I wouldn't have bought new fords), and one is in the middle. Chevy and Mercedes dealers around here suck so they will NEVER be on my new car want list, I don't care what they offer. If not Ford then Dodge for me in my area.

Anyways, glad they figured out the leak so fast. Oh and while you don't have any PS fluid with your system, if you have an automatic, you will still have tranny fluid which is red as well.
I don't have time for all that. I bought a new car so it would be reliable. In the first 24k miles it has been to the dealer twice for multiple days. Both times my car was scratched. Both times were for common problems. My dealer doesn't offer loaners, so I was on my own borrowing cars.

So I got a ****ty car and a ****ty dealer. So yes, I will not be buying any more Fords, and if I need more work I will just go to random dealers til someone can return my car to me undamaged.

Thanks for the advice. lol obvious.
Old 04-05-2015, 08:05 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

no time for research yet time to come on here and complain. Yup, obvious...

Sucks that your ford dealer sucks and if I were in your shoes, I wouldn't be buying another Ford either. Hopefully they (Ford) are paying attention and realize they're losing business by not bird ******* their dealers a little more...