Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bangastang BEWARE!!! DO NOT buy from them!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2015, 02:08 PM
dkpGTCS
2nd Gear Member

All I say is I personally know that my local vendor I use for mod's was taken for $24k from a guy using a credit card just a month or so ago. In his case it was someone outside the country who claimed they never received the parts - something the person stated he was going to do after the parts were shipped. My vendor was jumping through hoops to get his money.

So I don't blame vendors to be overly cautious regarding cc orders.

Last edited by dkpGTCS; 02-26-2015 at 02:10 PM.
Old 02-26-2015, 02:23 PM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mr.Bangastang

We Googled the name Brown Zendel and found a link to an obituary of a woman that died in 2000. Here's the link http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8...el.html?pg=all This lady died at age 87 and her husband is listed at Ivan Zundel. There is NO mention of you as a survivor and you claimed to be the son of Brown Zundel. RED FLAG. There is no mention of someone named Rick Zundel. .
I dont know the entire story, but you cancelled the order based off a google search of a name only and concluded it was the same person as who the card belonged too? Also, if the card owner died in 2000, how did they renew the card as im not aware of any CC that doesnt expire for over 15 yrs.
Old 02-26-2015, 04:11 PM
rzundel

Originally Posted by Mr.Bangastang
Hi Rick,

It's time for our side of the story which you failed to express.

Your ordered a custom painted Radiator Cover from us using a credit card that is not yours but someone named Brown Zundel. After you called an placed another order with the same card is one the RED FLAG when up. We Googled the name Brown Zendel and found a link to an obituary of a woman that died in 2000. Here's the link http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8...el.html?pg=all This lady died at age 87 and her husband is listed at Ivan Zundel. There is NO mention of you as a survivor and you claimed to be the son of Brown Zundel. RED FLAG. There is no mention of someone named Rick Zundel. If your Mom was 87 in 2000 then how old is your Dad? Why would a 90+ year-old man order parts for a Mustang? RED FLAG. We also contacted the bank that issued the credit card and they informed us that the phone number that you gave us DOESN'T match their records RED FLAG. Again why does a elderly man in his 90s need cars parts? Here's another RED FLAG that you sent up why were you so anxious to get these parts, these parts are for YOUR car and not someone named Brown Zundel. From the time that you ordered you sent several emails asking about status when we had already told you when we thought your order would ship. All of our incoming phone conversations are recorded and your stated that "you couldn't wait to get the parts on your car"., another RED FLAG. Again you stated the parts are for your Dad. It's currently 33 degrees in Salt Lake City where you wanted the parts shipped. What car show does your Dad have in the winter? You called us from a cell phone with a California number.

When we spoke to the bank that issued the credit card they also informed us that there is a $21,000 limit on the card. One can have a lot of fun with a $21,000 limit.

As a merchant credit card FRAUD is a major problem and our company along with many others have been victim and we will do our BEST that we don't get ripped off. I made the mistake of processing an order from someone that I initially believed my MISTAKE. After this was brought to my attention I cancelled the order and ALL monies were refunded. If we suspect possible fraud everything is HALTED and that's what we did. We do not have to sell to someone that is using another person's credit card.

If you think that posting on a forum is going to make us process an order from someone using another persons credit card we will NOT.
Nice to finally get a response from you. I assume this is Hendrix but understand that you don't want to identify yourself. I sent you three emails and you chose to ignore all of them.

Let's stick with the facts:

I ordered the radiator cover 4 weeks ago and was quoted 2-3 weeks by James. Listen to the recorded conversation you claim to have to verify this. I told James I was ordering these parts for my father Brown Zundel who lives in Utah. He knew that I was using my father's credit card to purchase the parts. Given the fact that my name is Rick Zundel might be the first clue that we are related. I was very clear that I was ordering these parts for his car like I have done so many times before because I am helping take the headache out of ordering the parts and simply allowing him to enjoy the car that happens to be his only diversion from a terminally ill wife that requires round the clock care.

The obituary is that of my Grand Mother. As you will see Brown is listed as a survivor. In fact, if you did your CSI investigation correctly you would notice that Ivan is a family name that my dad and I also both share. My father is in his mid 70's and has the nicest mustang in Utah. Making the assumption that my father was too old to be driving a mustang is an insult.

When I placed my second order with James earlier this week I asked him if it was possible to add the side louvers to my original order so that they could be painted together. The only urgency I expressed was that I didn't want to delay my order by another 4 weeks by adding the louvers. Simple as that.

After getting off the phone with James on this second order is when I felt the need to do more research on Bangastang and that is when I was alarmed to see 18 BBB filing in the past year with most of them complaining that they never received their parts. Also the forums are full of complaints. That is a fact!

As the owner I reached out to you as a preventative measure to ask for your help making sure my order was not delayed. The ONLY reply I received from you was a notice of cancelation on my order calling me a fraud.

NO ATTEMPT was made to contact me to get clarification. Also when I called James to find out what just happened he was rude and hung up on me when I asked to speak to you. (again I am assuming that YOU are Hendrix not James) James is a piece of work that I wouldn't want representing my business.

Hendrix, I sent you an email and gave you the opportunity to make this right and you chose to ignore me. I told you about my intentions of sharing your poor business practices with the world because I want to make sure no one else has to go through this. You are NOT the only shop out there. I am a true car enthusiast so I know good from bad. I am looking to protect the community from guys like you.

BTW, did you credit me for both my orders because last I checked you only credited me back for the louvers.
Old 02-26-2015, 04:35 PM
Pr0cl1v1ty
2nd Gear Member

Rzundel, I'm sorry you had to go through that. I admittedly ordered from a site without doing research first and had to deal with their 'funny business' like this, it is very sad that some companies actually function this way. Hope you get your money back.
Old 02-26-2015, 06:22 PM
cleangraystang
1st Gear Member

I always read the reviews on a company now before I order from. There are only a few that I trust and yes there are parts that only some company's have but can you trust them to ever send you the part after you have paid for it. My number one company that I order from is American Muscle I trust them and I have others that I trust like Latemodel Restoration and CJ pony this is just a few that I trust... also there are some company's out there that won't ever order from again just read the reviews..
Old 02-26-2015, 07:34 PM
rzundel

Thanks for everyone's support and suggestions of good vendors that treat their customers right. If Bangastang were smart, they would eat some humble pie and admit their mistake here and publically declare what they are going to do to make things right. That's what good business owners do. Take accountability. I don't expect Hendrix to do that because that is not the kind of person he is. History tells us that. He doesn't reply to emails, doesn't take phone calls, hides behind the curtain and has a guy like James be his front man. Big mistake Hendrix. Stand up as a business owner and prove me wrong.
Old 02-26-2015, 08:14 PM
jz
3rd Gear Member

Bangastang clearly are morons. Pretending for a second that rzundel was a fraud and was trying to use "someone else's credit card" as they claim, he wouldn't waste his time posting here hoping to get the parts he was illegally purchasing. He would move on to the next person he hoped to get one over on. Obviously that is not the case.

I'll be adding Bangastang to my list of "do not purchase".

Sorry you had to deal with this rzundel. Hopefully lesson learned and you can move on to better things.
Old 02-27-2015, 11:28 AM
rzundel

Originally Posted by jz
Bangastang clearly are morons. Pretending for a second that rzundel was a fraud and was trying to use "someone else's credit card" as they claim, he wouldn't waste his time posting here hoping to get the parts he was illegally purchasing. He would move on to the next person he hoped to get one over on. Obviously that is not the case.

I'll be adding Bangastang to my list of "do not purchase".

Sorry you had to deal with this rzundel. Hopefully lesson learned and you can move on to better things.
JZ I couldn't have said it better.

I just ordered the same parts through JLT Performance and couldn't be happier with that experience. I am going to have my parts within a week. I Dealt with one of the owners Jay. When I told him the nightmare I just went through with Bangastang all he could do is laugh and say I'm sorry. He is well aware of their issues.

Again, stay away from Bangastang guys. I hope this awareness will help others save themselves from the agony.
Old 02-27-2015, 11:35 AM
magnido45
2nd Gear Member

No one has brought it up yet...I'm not taking sides here...but couldn't this cancellation all have been avoided if you used your credit card to buy the merchandise from the beginning since you are the person placing the order? I understand having the goods sent to your dad's address in Utah (as most shopping carts default the billing address to match the shipping address), but it is possible to send the goods to a different address as an option, no?

I know your dad is taking care of your mom 24/7...But that's how I would have approached it...then get reimbursed later.
But then again, I've never tried using anyone else's personal credit card to make a purchase for them...so not sure how common practice that is unless it was a corporate account.

Last edited by magnido45; 02-27-2015 at 11:51 AM. Reason: mistype
Old 02-27-2015, 11:52 AM
Roy_R
4th Gear Member

Woohaaaa, got to love the internet! Back in the day, all kinds of things went unnoticed...

You simply doing yourself a diservice if you don't research internet companies before buying, that said, you can't always belief the reviews either.

This case may just be a mis-understanding/communication by both parties....the parts we talking about is not $21k!

Quick Reply: Bangastang BEWARE!!! DO NOT buy from them!!