Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bangastang BEWARE!!! DO NOT buy from them!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2015, 12:20 PM
GO07GT

Why even tell the guy over the phone the story of who you are and who you're ordering for? Just order the damn thing and give the guy the information. Sorry you went through all this but sounds like you brought some of this on yourself. Like not researching vendor feedback for starters.
Old 02-27-2015, 12:31 PM
rzundel

Originally Posted by magnido45
No one has brought it up yet...I'm not taking sides here...but couldn't this cancellation all have been avoided if you used your credit card to buy the merchandise from the beginning since you are the person placing the order? I understand having the goods sent to your dad's address in Utah (as most shopping carts default the billing address to match the shipping address), but it is possible to send the goods to a different address as an option, no?

I know your dad is taking care of your mom 24/7...But that's how I would have approached it...then get reimbursed later.
But then again, I've never tried using anyone else's personal credit card to make a purchase for them...so not sure how common practice that is unless it was a corporate account.
You bring up a valid point. I have a power of attorney with my Father. I can act on his behalf. I have never had this issue before. I simply was trying to be upfront with James when I ordered the products that this was shipping to my father in Utah and I was ordering on his behalf. Trying to be open on the front end trying to avoid this mess on the backend. Live and learn. For me this really has less to do with questioning the credit card use but more about the whole customer experience. If they questioned the card they could have simply asked.
Old 02-27-2015, 12:34 PM
rzundel

Originally Posted by Roy_R
Woohaaaa, got to love the internet! Back in the day, all kinds of things went unnoticed...

You simply doing yourself a diservice if you don't research internet companies before buying, that said, you can't always belief the reviews either.

This case may just be a mis-understanding/communication by both parties....the parts we talking about is not $21k!
No the parts were less than $1k. Not sure why they credit card limit was even mentioned? If I was guilty of anything would be over communication. Trying to get these guys to communicate on their end is next to impossible. I agree I kick myself for not doing better research on the company. The shame is they put out a pretty good product. Too bad their poor business practices don't allow them to thrive.
Old 02-27-2015, 12:56 PM
magnido45
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by rzundel
You bring up a valid point. I have a power of attorney with my Father. I can act on his behalf. I have never had this issue before. I simply was trying to be upfront with James when I ordered the products that this was shipping to my father in Utah and I was ordering on his behalf. Trying to be open on the front end trying to avoid this mess on the backend. Live and learn. For me this really has less to do with questioning the credit card use but more about the whole customer experience. If they questioned the card they could have simply asked.
I see...well, even though things have gotten delayed...I wish you the best with re-ordering elsewhere.
Old 02-27-2015, 01:26 PM
Mobiusone stang
2nd Gear Member

As someone who studies business, I am not sure how places like this (not off this one story, but their entire BBB rating) still exist. We are blessed in the mustang community with great aftermarket companies like AM, LRS, CJ Pony, and the list goes on. When that is your competition, why the heck would you act like this? Maybe you can beat them on price, maybe. But they (others) have already set the bar SO high for customer service. That is why you, as this company, should be trying everything to make sure your AT LEAST on par with your competition in every way, customer service most importantly. I know i'll pay more for a part if the customer service is there. I do it all the time. I agree this is a fine line between the best interest of a company and the notion that "the customer is always right", but This company seems to have gotten confused between customer service and customer disservice. As a disclaimer, I have never purchased anything from them. I definitely wont now. These are just my opinions on the matter now based on what was said here and the BBB website.
Old 02-27-2015, 02:03 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Originally Posted by PNYXPRESS
I dont know the entire story, but you cancelled the order based off a google search of a name only and concluded it was the same person as who the card belonged too? Also, if the card owner died in 2000, how did they renew the card as im not aware of any CC that doesnt expire for over 15 yrs.
Credit card companies send a new credit card anytime one of their cards are going to expire. It's called auto renewal. Unless payments aren't made or the card owner cancels, the card will continue to be renewed automatically to the billing address listed with the account so yes, a credit card company can go for 15 years or longer without knowing the card holder is deceased...

Some card companies will cancel a card due to inactivity but that is RARE.
Old 02-27-2015, 02:38 PM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Every card Ive ever had, I had to call in to activate the new card with a new expiration date. Yes its auto renewed with the same acct number, but it isnt activated until done so by the owner. which is usually required every 3-5 yrs.
Old 02-28-2015, 12:30 AM
ibzundel

Default Validation of all my son, Rick Zundel, has said here

Thanks for the many comments to Rick's post about his experience with Bangastang. Neither of us are a novice when it comes to checking out vendors, but since sources were limited, I suggested these guys for our current project given a pretty good web site. I just did not have the time to negotiate the transactions and asked Rick to do it for me as he has many times in teh past with zero problems. I wrote the following response that he might post before I knew that he had already done so. The entire deal about the credit card has to be a ruse given the faulty reading and misspelled words by Mr. B. Rick has spent many dollars in the mods on his stable of exotics and has dealt with dozens of venders in the process. WE [I]screwed up her and we just wanted to make sure that their was a buyer beware flag on this site. What I sent to Rick for him to use before I knew he had already made a great response.

"As Summer Glau famously stated in a pivotal scene in "Serenity"....."my turn". I really don't think it is your job to question when or why a customer needs your product other than to honor the promise you make for delivery or to provide acceptable reasons why it will be late and if appropriate offer measured compensation. There is no 87 year old women in the USA or ever in the world for that matter with the name Brown Zundel. My grandmother's name was Nelle Brown Zundel and she died in December 2000 at the age of 87. Her husband, my grandfather, was Ivan E. Zundel and he died in August 2001 at the age of 92. My father is Ivan Brown Zundel [the only one in the world also] who is a young 78 year old and is caring for my mother who is terminally ill. After she retires down for the night, he has a couple of hours to take a break and tinker with his 2013 GT/CS that is highly modified. As his son, I have a Durable Power of Attorney authorization to act in all things for my parents in matters dealing with finances and that is why I have all of the pertinent information needed to legally use his credit card. The available limit on his card is evidence that both his and my credit are near perfect [800+]. If you were so worried about it why did you not cancel the order of the radiator cover that was 2 weeks over due and immediately issue a refund when you cancelled the order for the louvers? That said, the biggest complaint we have with your business is your customer service, not being able to contact you directly, dealing with one of your employees who cannot get my dad's delivery address correct, who will not return phone calls, or give me a way to contact you directly, etc. and when I ask a legitimate question he tells me "to get over it" and hangs up. I know of no other boutique car accessory business that is still in business that has the number of complaints or negative reports to the BBB as does Bangastang. For anyone interested, just Google "Bangastang complaints". The key to a successful business is integrity, quality, timeliness, customer service, and price in that order. You seem to be sadly lacking in most all of those characteristics. For those of you interested, we have successfully completed transactions for the OEM painted louvers and the painted radiator cover with JLT Performance and G. A. S. [Galpin Auto Sports]."
Old 02-28-2015, 12:41 AM
ibzundel

Well I am new here as you can see and did not edit my previous posting opening paragraph very well, so I apologize for the spelling and other errors. All I can say in defense is that it has been a very long day dealing with some personal issues here at home. When I get time I will have to post some snaps of our car....those of you who have posted pictures can be very proud and I am sure you get the same kind of public response I get when we drive around town.
Old 02-28-2015, 09:25 AM
rzundel

Originally Posted by ibzundel
Thanks for the many comments to Rick's post about his experience with Bangastang. Neither of us are a novice when it comes to checking out vendors, but since sources were limited, I suggested these guys for our current project given a pretty good web site. I just did not have the time to negotiate the transactions and asked Rick to do it for me as he has many times in teh past with zero problems. I wrote the following response that he might post before I knew that he had already done so. The entire deal about the credit card has to be a ruse given the faulty reading and misspelled words by Mr. B. Rick has spent many dollars in the mods on his stable of exotics and has dealt with dozens of venders in the process. WE [I]screwed up her and we just wanted to make sure that their was a buyer beware flag on this site. What I sent to Rick for him to use before I knew he had already made a great response.

"As Summer Glau famously stated in a pivotal scene in "Serenity"....."my turn". I really don't think it is your job to question when or why a customer needs your product other than to honor the promise you make for delivery or to provide acceptable reasons why it will be late and if appropriate offer measured compensation. There is no 87 year old women in the USA or ever in the world for that matter with the name Brown Zundel. My grandmother's name was Nelle Brown Zundel and she died in December 2000 at the age of 87. Her husband, my grandfather, was Ivan E. Zundel and he died in August 2001 at the age of 92. My father is Ivan Brown Zundel [the only one in the world also] who is a young 78 year old and is caring for my mother who is terminally ill. After she retires down for the night, he has a couple of hours to take a break and tinker with his 2013 GT/CS that is highly modified. As his son, I have a Durable Power of Attorney authorization to act in all things for my parents in matters dealing with finances and that is why I have all of the pertinent information needed to legally use his credit card. The available limit on his card is evidence that both his and my credit are near perfect [800+]. If you were so worried about it why did you not cancel the order of the radiator cover that was 2 weeks over due and immediately issue a refund when you cancelled the order for the louvers? That said, the biggest complaint we have with your business is your customer service, not being able to contact you directly, dealing with one of your employees who cannot get my dad's delivery address correct, who will not return phone calls, or give me a way to contact you directly, etc. and when I ask a legitimate question he tells me "to get over it" and hangs up. I know of no other boutique car accessory business that is still in business that has the number of complaints or negative reports to the BBB as does Bangastang. For anyone interested, just Google "Bangastang complaints". The key to a successful business is integrity, quality, timeliness, customer service, and price in that order. You seem to be sadly lacking in most all of those characteristics. For those of you interested, we have successfully completed transactions for the OEM painted louvers and the painted radiator cover with JLT Performance and G. A. S. [Galpin Auto Sports]."

Well my father has spoken. When my dad sent me the above response to Mr Bangastang reply to my thread he didn't realize I had already responded. I'm glad that he took the time to jump in to this thread for nothing more than validation he is real and the story I have posted is true. Notice what time he posted this response. This gives you an idea of what his schedule is.

I think we have accomplished what the intent of this thread was all about. Simply to post a warning. In a way I kind of feel bad for Mr. Bangastang. He really has the opportunity to have something great. I hope that he takes the time to internalize some of the feedback he has received from this and the many other posts out there and do something about it.

My desire is that we all have good vendors to work with that help support the passion we all share.

Quick Reply: Bangastang BEWARE!!! DO NOT buy from them!!