Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where's the flasher?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2017, 08:54 PM
Mdavis

Default Where's the flasher?

Got a 2007, V6, convertible. Turn signal flasher needs to be replaced. Having a little troubling locating it. Sounds like the steering assembly somewhere.
Old 08-24-2017, 09:31 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

The bulb in the dash/gauge cluster? Probably would require removing the gauges to access the bulbs (I've never done it though).

If its a burn exterior light bulb then that would be different (probably easier to do).
Old 08-25-2017, 06:41 AM
JimC

You would have better luck getting responses in the correct forum for your car rather than the one for:

Forum Issues and Feedback Discuss any issues you are having with using Mustang Forums here.
This section is for issues related to using the forum - like logging in. Not for your individual car issues.

Unlike older cars, I don't think that there is a separate "flasher" that you can replace. It is all controlled by the smart junction box. Have you had a water leak on the passenger side? The cowl drains become clogged and it will leak onto the smart junction box and give you electrical problems.
Old 08-25-2017, 07:06 AM
99GTvert
is my username.

Jim is correct, I moved this to the tech forum. Thanks Jim.
Old 08-25-2017, 10:17 AM
Mdavis

So where's the electrical Junction box? Turn signals flash faster than normal sometimes. Looking for a solution. May be causing other issues too.
Old 08-25-2017, 01:58 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Originally Posted by Mdavis
So where's the electrical Junction box? Turn signals flash faster than normal sometimes. Looking for a solution. May be causing other issues too.
One or both sides flash faster than normal? One side only, there's an intermittent bulb issue on that side. Could be loose in the socket or a bad wire etc.

Both sides, could be the stalk on the steering column is going out.

Some 07's still had water leaks around the SJB which caused all sorts of 'fun' electrical gremlins. If you have an early 07 definitely check the SJB that is located in the passenger kick panel by the door. You may have to remove not just the cover of the SJB but also the kick panel itself to get a good view of any possible water damage.
Old 08-25-2017, 07:59 PM
danzcool
5th Gear Member

I don't recall where the flasher are, whether in the SJB or BEC (SJB is in pasenger side kick panel, BEC is on passenger side engine bay)... but regarless it isn't likely the flasher relay, the smarts are such that the indicator flashes faster or not at all is bulbs burn out., so check your front and rear turn signal bulbs.