Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Satellite radio isimple help

Old 04-14-2015, 07:03 PM
Desnu90

Angry Satellite radio isimple help

I want to connect the sirius with my 2011 mustang. The mustang is not "satellite radio read" and after reading few threads i found Isimple is the best solution. So i purchased one, ISFD11 with the media gateway PXAMG. I algo got hte sirius tuner SXV200 and the adapter to connect it to the gateway. After following the instructions (moving the dipswitches) and trying variations of other I cant get the XM radio to come up. I do get the options do of SAT (1,2 and 3), which i didnt have before connecting the gateway. I tired using the AUX that comes with the gateway and it does work. Am i missing something, does it only work with SCC1 tuner?? Help.
Old 04-16-2015, 07:27 AM
GLOCKer
2nd Gear Member

Desnu90! Please keep us updated on the outcome of this as I've been wanting an integrated satellite radio in my car too but can never get a clear answer to if it can be done and if so, what parts to order!!!

Also, where are you in GA? I'm in the Marietta area and a member of the Georgia Regional Mustang Club.
Old 08-09-2015, 01:32 PM
Desnu90

GLOCKer Sorry for the late reply. Not sure if you have installed the Sat radio or not. But what you need is the isimple ISFD11 with SCC1 tuner to add Sat to any Sat ready factory radio in a Ford that will support the Gateway. (this is what i was told by AAMP, who made the gateway). SCC1 are difficult to find since they dont make them any more. At the moment i am trying to installed the IPOD since sat radio is difficult to find. I am having bit issues with that as well. I will keep an update.

I am in the gwinnett area, not currently in any club. Any information you can give me on the club?
Old 08-10-2015, 01:16 PM
GLOCKer
2nd Gear Member

Hey Desnu90,
I've decided I'll either upgrade my stereo sometime in the future (likely not) or just keep rocking my simple factory AM/FM CD player.

Our car club, the GARMC, meets the 3rd Sunday of every month. Right now we're meeting at Camasini's Italian Restaurant on Hwy 92 at I 575. This might be a bit of a hike for you coming all the way from the Gwinnett area, but it may be worth it. The meetings start at 3:00pm, but usually everyone gathers early (around 2:00 pm or even earlier) to eat lunch and check out each other's cars in the parking lot. The next meeting is on August 16th.

If it's something you're interested in, you could always stop by as a guest to just check it out. Yearly membership costs $30. Included in that is your first t-shirt, if I remember correctly. Also, we'll cover half the cost of your meal for the annual Christmas party.

We support a charity with our club activities, and we have a lot of fun with our car shows (even recently being mentioned by the MCA President in the MCA magazine!). We also do other club oriented events like garage days, mountain cruises, etc.

Hit my up with a PM if you're interested in attending a meeting to see if it's something you'd be in to and I'll give you my cell phone number.