Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

THAT DANG CURB CAME OUTA NOWHERE I TELL YA!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2015, 12:10 AM
Mobiusone stang
2nd Gear Member

Default THAT DANG CURB CAME OUTA NOWHERE I TELL YA!

The title says it all haha. I a rare lapse of concentration i hit a curb pretty hard with my right front wheel/tire. Everything seems structurally ok, but it took a good chunk (about 1 inch in length) out of the silver outer rim on my Boss 302 wheels. (picture is not of my car, just one for reference). I have no idea what to do, and the best thing i could come up with was plastidip the silver portion black... Any opinions on what to do or if that is a terrible idea? lol the good thing is my car is NOT a Boss 302, just has the wheels. I have a strange feeling that plastidiping them might be a little blasphemous in the community I'm just a little rattled after this...

Thanks guys!
Attached Thumbnails THAT DANG CURB CAME OUTA NOWHERE I TELL YA!-67395617.jpg  
Old 04-25-2015, 12:55 AM
cruisin5268d
4th Gear Member

What is the point in uploading a picture if it's not a picture of your vehicle with the damage? *facepalm*
Old 04-25-2015, 06:07 AM
audioAl
4th Gear Member

Dang! I ran one wheel over a curb leaving a gas station & had to put the fender well back together. Really amazed me that I did this but have learned to "concentrate" on the road!
Old 04-25-2015, 09:08 AM
rzundel

No worries! There are mobile guys that fix these all over for no more than $100. The results will be like new. Just ask your local dealership for a name. Every dealership has a relationship with one of these guys.
Old 04-25-2015, 01:04 PM
Mobiusone stang
2nd Gear Member

Ok cool! And sorry i didnt post an actual picture, it was late last night and I didnt really want to get out of bed. I would have posted earlier but we lost power today until about an hour ago. But here is the damage
Attached Thumbnails THAT DANG CURB CAME OUTA NOWHERE I TELL YA!-img_0120.jpg  
Old 04-25-2015, 02:37 PM
bl817
3rd Gear Member

it doesn't look to awful. im sure it bugs you more that its there than ppl will notice. not sure where in tx you are but here in DFW there are several wheel repair places that have mobile repair trucks. FYI
Old 04-25-2015, 03:01 PM
Mobiusone stang
2nd Gear Member

Yea you're right haha, it bugs me more than others will notice haha. Is that something they would be able to repair? I'm not sure what material that is exactly on the boss wheel
Old 04-26-2015, 01:51 PM
wolfie
1st Gear Member

Easily repaired. Not sure on cost in the US, but in Canada it cost me $140. Perfect match on paint and finish.
Old 04-26-2015, 08:59 PM
ThaiCobra
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by rzundel
No worries! There are mobile guys that fix these all over for no more than $100. The results will be like new. Just ask your local dealership for a name. Every dealership has a relationship with one of these guys.
+1. wheel repair is a very common thing now. those guys can make the wheel look brand new in just a few hours.

I just had all 4 of my wheels repaired and powdercoated black for $500. I'll be posting pics soon guys! Very excited to show it off.
Old 04-26-2015, 09:00 PM
ThaiCobra
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mobiusone stang
Yea you're right haha, it bugs me more than others will notice haha. Is that something they would be able to repair? I'm not sure what material that is exactly on the boss wheel
its very simple. they can do chrome, alloy, black chrome, etc. pretty much any metal you can think of.

Quick Reply: THAT DANG CURB CAME OUTA NOWHERE I TELL YA!