Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 12:25 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Get the roush. They install quite easy and work great. It's has gobs of power and can be upgraded as well. It's also simple to tune. No Dyno needed.
Old 04-30-2015, 08:04 AM
Kyle@ROUSH
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by fishingfever
Thanks for the responses so far guys. This would be my first supercharger ever and definitely like the sound of easy maintenance. Cptco, have you ran a quarter mile with your setup? I think 4:10 would be a bit much for me. I dont use the car a lot, and when i do it is mostly highway. Dont want to lose all my top end, just want a little more muscle.... Kyle, are there any shops in nj that you would recommend. I am a little hesitant on going to dealer for this.

I hear ya, unfortunately there really arent any shops in NJ I can think of from the top of my head. If you're willing to travel i would suggest Johnny Lightning Performance or JPC
Old 04-30-2015, 08:19 AM
cruisin5268d
4th Gear Member

Thanks for the responses so far guys. This would be my first supercharger ever and definitely like the sound of easy maintenance. Cptco, have you ran a quarter mile with your setup? I think 4:10 would be a bit much for me. I dont use the car a lot, and when i do it is mostly highway. Dont want to lose all my top end, just want a little more muscle.... Kyle, are there any shops in nj that you would recommend. I am a little hesitant on going to dealer for this.
Why are you hesitant about the dealer? if you play your cards right the supercharger won't void your warranty and the install will be covered by Ford for two years.
Old 04-30-2015, 08:56 AM
fishingfever
1st Gear Member

Kyle, i will look into those places. I have some time before this actually happens, so i have the time to research. My brother is going through an issue with our ford dealer with his expedition, they have been giving him a run around and mainly because they say the job is too intense. Mind you he has a warranty, and already brought it back three times for same issue. He is in the works about claiming lemon. All he wants is truck fixed, which is why he bought warranty and now they dont want to fix it. Just have bad taste in mouth. I will have to find a different ford dealer ehich i am looking for.
Old 04-30-2015, 10:01 AM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

fishingfever I know brenspeed in indiana is a dealer for rousch. Very professional people there. If you do go to them they have a guest house that you can stay at. Nice place and its free. They have done all my upgrades including the 302. This last time I had them swap my TCI torque convertor for PI torque convertor. I had my dad pick my car up and the indicator came on for the charging sytem. My dad drove it back to them and when they did my motor i had them install a PA alternator. They replaced for free of charge. I know you wouldnt be close but they do right. Just an option
Old 04-30-2015, 08:11 PM
dlazrael
5th Gear Member

I love the Whipple 550 HO Kit... every time I tip in, I get a smile... my wife thinks I am cheating on her with the car!
Old 04-30-2015, 08:23 PM
fishingfever
1st Gear Member

I was looking into the whipple, but i just feel that they may be a little more intense, maintenance wise, from what i read. I think i may go with the rousch, especially that i havent heard anything bad yet. And usually ppl like to post the bad....lol.... My wife thinks i cheat now and i dont have a sc....lol.... Maybe this isnt a good idea... She will learn to live with it....
Old 06-03-2015, 08:34 PM
fishingfever
1st Gear Member

Hey guys, just an update.. I am going togo with the tvs2300 stage 2 package from brenspeed. I am planning on getting it done some time next year when finances are a little better.. Spoke to a guy at brenspeed and was very impressed by their professionalism. I will be heading there from jersey, but just wanted to say thanks for all the input. Mid 500's is gonna be amazing.. Gonna be a fun ride home.....
Old 06-04-2015, 12:30 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Hey guys, just an update.. I am going togo with the tvs2300 stage 2 package from brenspeed. I am planning on getting it done some time next year when finances are a little better.. Spoke to a guy at brenspeed and was very impressed by their professionalism. I will be heading there from jersey, but just wanted to say thanks for all the input. Mid 500's is gonna be amazing.. Gonna be a fun ride home.....
sounds good man you will love it. I really like me ponies
Old 06-04-2015, 08:14 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

I was looking into the whipple, but i just feel that they may be a little more intense, maintenance wise, from what i read. I think i may go with the rousch, especially that i havent heard anything bad yet. And usually ppl like to post the bad....lol.... My wife thinks i cheat now and i dont have a sc....lol.... Maybe this isnt a good idea... She will learn to live with it....

whipple is low maintenance. 100k mile SC oil change.
idk what you are reading, but Whipple SC are super ultra reliable
i've had mine on for 7 years, and not one single problem whatsoever
its like it's factory from ford, only better
it outlasted the warranty twice over.

Name:  DSCN2238.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  190.1 KB

Quick Reply: Supercharger