Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Noob question: where to place the jack?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2015, 08:59 AM
Vyceron

Question Noob question: where to place the jack?

Yes, this is a noob question. Flame away

My new (to me) 2014 GT sounds badass. I know that it has some sort of axleback exhaust on it, but after peeking under the car I wonder if it also has a catback system.

I want to jack it up and take a look. I've got a hydraulic jack and a set of jack stands. I just need to know where the best position is to place the jack. I don't want to put it on something bendable or breakable. The owner's manual has some pictures for using the OEM jack to replace a tire, but that's not what I'm looking for.

Thanks!
Old 05-08-2015, 12:22 PM
killer2013

On the front, I put the Jack on the k member right in front of the oil pan. There is wavy notches on a Jack pad sized spot there so you know that it won't slip and it allows you to lif t both wheels at once.
on the back, since I have a big fat pumpkin girdle cover..I use the differential.
Old 05-08-2015, 06:11 PM
waykooljr
3rd Gear Member

I can't get my jack under the front to lift the whole front at one time. I use the Ford recommended points to lift a side at a time using jack stands. Once I get there, I'll use the k member if there's a need to lift the whole front.

I didn't like jacking on the jack points with a hydraulic jack, so I bought a Magpad from www.zl1addons.com
Old 05-08-2015, 06:29 PM
winkawak
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Vyceron
Yes, this is a noob question. Flame away

My new (to me) 2014 GT sounds badass. I know that it has some sort of axleback exhaust on it, but after peeking under the car I wonder if it also has a catback system.

I want to jack it up and take a look. I've got a hydraulic jack and a set of jack stands. I just need to know where the best position is to place the jack. I don't want to put it on something bendable or breakable. The owner's manual has some pictures for using the OEM jack to replace a tire, but that's not what I'm looking for.

Thanks!
Place a jack right on the oil pan in front of the car and place two jacks on the gas tank rear of the car. Also be sure to fill it up with nothing but extra virgin olive oil. Follow these advice and youll be golden.
Old 05-09-2015, 07:18 AM
imeyers302

http://youtu.be/D0SblGp8Oy0

http://www.jackpointjackstands.com/

Bought a pair of these and will never go back to normal jack stands. Expensive but worth every penny if you work on your car regularly.
Old 05-09-2015, 10:57 AM
Vyceron

Originally Posted by winkawak
Place a jack right on the oil pan in front of the car and place two jacks on the gas tank rear of the car. Also be sure to fill it up with nothing but extra virgin olive oil. Follow these advice and youll be golden.
Thanks for the great advice! I'll be sure to do that. I was actually thinking about putting olive oil in my air filter and radiator too. Do you have a suggestion on the best name brand of olive oil to use?
Old 05-09-2015, 05:07 PM
winkawak
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Vyceron
Thanks for the great advice! I'll be sure to do that. I was actually thinking about putting olive oil in my air filter and radiator too. Do you have a suggestion on the best name brand of olive oil to use?
Any brand should do, just make sure its imported from Italy! Also dont be afraid to try extra extra virgin olive oil, thats additional 50hp to the wheels!