Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hood Corrosion on 2012 GT - add me to the long list

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2015, 03:57 PM
zt'sgt

Thanks Luke! As an Islanders fan I appreciate your loyalty to your team when things have been rough for a while and can relate!
Latest hood update is I got a call from Ford and they are going to assist in paying the dealer to install a new hood. I won't know the $ I'll end up paying until the dealer gets back to Ford with a quote - I should hear back on Tuesday but any assistance is better than no assistance. Thank you again Deysha for your help!
Old 05-18-2015, 08:58 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by zt'sgt
Thanks Luke! As an Islanders fan I appreciate your loyalty to your team when things have been rough for a while and can relate!
Latest hood update is I got a call from Ford and they are going to assist in paying the dealer to install a new hood. I won't know the $ I'll end up paying until the dealer gets back to Ford with a quote - I should hear back on Tuesday but any assistance is better than no assistance. Thank you again Deysha for your help!
You're welcome, zt'sgt!

Deysha
Old 05-21-2015, 07:29 PM
12bigredstang
1st Gear Member

Default say it aint so

Just finished detailing under the hood. Checked out under the lip of the hood and I think I got the same problem. Looks like its bubbling under the tip of the hood. Not good. What does a fiber glass hood go for. Ill try to see what ford will do but I bet they wont help out. I bought the car used in feb. Have yet to have any service on it since I have only put on 2000km on it so far and it is not due for any service yet. Don't even have a dealer yet. I guess im gonna see what they say.

luke from the north
Old 05-21-2015, 07:38 PM
jz
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tracedaddy
Hmmm. I had the issue. The Ford dealer in Burlington WI just told me "Tough Luck". I ended up buying a fiberglass hood. Wish the Ford Rep was on these boards when I experienced it.
Same here, I bought my fiberglass hood after having the factory hood bubble. I didn't have any luck with Ford either. We have a Freestyle that also has an aluminum hood and has the same issue. Too bad they don't make fiberglass hoods for them!

I'm just really wondering how Ford thinks the F150 is not going to have the same issue? They have been fighting this issue with aluminum panels for years, how are they going to pull off an entire vehicle being aluminum? Time will tell.
Old 05-21-2015, 08:49 PM
Darkside01

I have the same issue on my 2011 kona blue gt looks like rust bubbles on the lip of the hood and on inside of the hood I called ford collision they said hood is aluminum so it can't be rust so it would not be covered with the corrosion warranty. Then he said it is a known issue with the paint not bonding to the aluminum hood and ford is not gonna do anything about it. He also quoted me 1200.00 to fix it. I laughed and said I can by a aftermarket hood and paint for about 400.00 less he said if that's what you want and hangs the phone up. What happened to customer service
Old 05-22-2015, 11:12 AM
FordServiceCA
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by 12bigredstang
Just finished detailing under the hood. Checked out under the lip of the hood and I think I got the same problem. Looks like its bubbling under the tip of the hood. Not good. What does a fiber glass hood go for. Ill try to see what ford will do but I bet they wont help out. I bought the car used in feb. Have yet to have any service on it since I have only put on 2000km on it so far and it is not due for any service yet. Don't even have a dealer yet. I guess im gonna see what they say.

luke from the north
I hear ya, Luke. Your best bet is to take it to a local dealer for inspection. Once you've scheduled an appointment, please send over a PM with the current odometer reading, VIN, dealer, your full name, and your best daytime phone number. I'll see how to best assist on my end.

Mariel
Old 05-22-2015, 04:24 PM
12bigredstang
1st Gear Member

Default help

thanks Marial

How do I contact you. Ive already gone to the dealer and they told me it was out of warranty. They gave me a paper with a oasis result. It basically says my vin number, the build date and the vehicle information. They gave me a 1 800 565 3673 number to call. The manager told me that they will tell me the same thing. The car is out of warranty after 3 yrs. The car has less than 33 000km and is a 2012 built in july 2011. Please help me if you can. How do I contact you and what is a pm, is it what they gave me.

Thanks Luke from the north
Old 05-26-2015, 11:32 AM
Darkside01

Please pm me on this issue. I have a 2011 kono blue Mustang gt and the ford collision by me in south Florida just laughed and quoted me some ridiculous price to fix with out even seeing it. Also said it would not be covered under a corrosion warranty because its aluminum. But that ford knows about this problem for years and won't do anything about it. I eas torn between the mustang gt and the challenger r/t. And now I love the car but after customer service like that wish I went with a dodge challenger. I never had such bad service with them and I had 2 dodges before this mustang.
Old 05-26-2015, 11:43 AM
P51Dee

JZ, What do you think of the 4.10's? I'm going to be replacing my gears soon, and I'm coin tossing between the 4.10's and 3.73's.
Old 05-28-2015, 08:34 AM
jz78817
4th Gear Member

welp, add me to the list. nickel-sized bit of paint flaked off of my hood and there's a long line of bubbled paint along the front lip of the hood.

Quick Reply: Hood Corrosion on 2012 GT - add me to the long list