Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Sync Update: About time...

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2015, 08:38 AM
jesse1125
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by FordIVTteam
Hi everyone!

I'm just jumping in with a little more info. Make sure your USB is at least 2GB and formatted to FAT32. Download the update to your desktop and then unzip it. If you add the zip file to your USB, SYNC will give you an error. If the in-vehicle install doesn't automatically start, you can manually start it by pressing the following:

PHONE > Scroll to SYSTEM SETTINGS > OK > Scroll to ADVANCED > OK > Scroll to INSTALL APPS > OK

As always, if you're having any issues, please don't hesitate to send me a PM with the details and your VIN.

Rebecca
I manually started the install as instructed. Now when I get back in my car Pandora automatically loads and plays.

The problem I am having is I used to be able to see the artist and song and now it says "unknown" on both.
Old 06-04-2015, 09:41 AM
dseg
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by jesse1125
I manually started the install as instructed. Now when I get back in my car Pandora automatically loads and plays.

The problem I am having is I used to be able to see the artist and song and now it says "unknown" on both.
Mine only says Unknown when the ads play...
Update Pandora?
Old 06-04-2015, 11:46 AM
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

I agree with dseg; try updating Pandora. If that doesn't work, try a master reset by following these instructions:

PHONE > Scroll to SYSTEM SETTINGS > OK > Scroll to ADVANCED > OK > Scroll to MASTER RESET > OK

Let me know if that helps.

Rebecca
Old 06-04-2015, 03:39 PM
jesse1125
2nd Gear Member

Sync couldn't find the Pandora app so I uninstalled and reinstalled it. Then I did the master reset. Now all is well. We will see how it goes once I start using it. Thanks for the help!
Old 06-04-2015, 04:11 PM
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Sync couldn't find the Pandora app so I uninstalled and reinstalled it. Then I did the master reset. Now all is well. We will see how it goes once I start using it. Thanks for the help!
Hey jesse1125,

You're welcome! Glad it's working for you!

Keep us posted.

Whitney
Old 06-05-2015, 07:23 AM
jesse1125
2nd Gear Member

On the way to work this morning Pandora and Sync had a party and I was invited. We are rocking better then we were before. Thanks for all the help.
Old 06-06-2015, 06:26 AM
jesse1125
2nd Gear Member

Ok, here is what happened when I got off work. When I started my car Pandora automatically started to play on the radio without me having to do anything. The artist and songs at that time said "unknown". I then manually load Pandora using phone> mobile apps> Pandora. Now it tells me the artist and song.

So when sync automatically starts Pandora the artist and song is "unknown" but when I manually load the app I get the artist and song.

Any suggestions?
Old 06-09-2015, 11:06 AM
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Ok, here is what happened when I got off work. When I started my car Pandora automatically started to play on the radio without me having to do anything. The artist and songs at that time said "unknown". I then manually load Pandora using phone> mobile apps> Pandora. Now it tells me the artist and song.

So when sync automatically starts Pandora the artist and song is "unknown" but when I manually load the app I get the artist and song.

Any suggestions?
Hey jesse1125,

When you first entered the vehicle Bluetooth audio detected your device and began playing, but once you selected Pandora through the menu it switched to AppLink which properly displays that information.

Whitney
Old 06-09-2015, 11:46 AM
jesse1125
2nd Gear Member

Ok, so everything is normal then?
Old 06-09-2015, 12:38 PM
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Ok, so everything is normal then?
jesse1125,

It sounds like everything is functioning properly.

Let me know if anything else comes up. :-)

Whitney

Quick Reply: Ford Sync Update: About time...