Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Sync Update: About time...

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2015, 12:05 PM
JimC

So, I updated Sync on my 2010 Mariner, no problems and everything worked with more capability than before. I think that my wife's Lincoln was updated when we took it in for service so I didn't have to do anything to her car.

Updated my 2013 Mustang. Left it running for almost an hour and a half, never saw an "installation complete" message - and now sync isn't working. If I hit and try "services" it hangs up on me and goes back to radio.
Old 07-08-2015, 12:33 PM
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by JimC
So, I updated Sync on my 2010 Mariner, no problems and everything worked with more capability than before. I think that my wife's Lincoln was updated when we took it in for service so I didn't have to do anything to her car.

Updated my 2013 Mustang. Left it running for almost an hour and a half, never saw an "installation complete" message - and now sync isn't working. If I hit and try "services" it hangs up on me and goes back to radio.

Hi JimC,

Is your Mustang equipped with navigation? Did you use the USB & files from your previous installation on your Mariner, or did you download the new file specific to your vehicle?

Whitney
Old 07-08-2015, 01:56 PM
JimC

Default Ford Sync Update: About time...

I don't have navigation, just the shaker. And yes, I downloaded a new set of files for the Mustang. My thumb drive was wiped clean first too.
Old 07-08-2015, 03:10 PM
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by JimC
I don't have navigation, just the shaker. And yes, I downloaded a new set of files for the Mustang. My thumb drive was wiped clean first too.
JimC,

Perform a master reset to SYNC and then try the installation again: http://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-t...ter-reset.html

Let me know how it goes.

Whitney
Old 07-09-2015, 06:44 AM
JimC

Thanks Whitney, I stopped at the dealer yesterday to set up a time for my wife's Lincoln for service and they said they could take care of the update on my car for me since I was there. It is all set and working now.
Old 07-09-2015, 10:40 AM
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

That's great to hear, Jim; I'm glad they took care of you!

How are you liking the update so far?

Rebecca
Old 07-09-2015, 03:44 PM
JimC

Not liking it again - now I can't connect again today and they said it was because my subscription ran out for the 2013 today. But I have a 2014 Lincoln good to 3/31/2017 and I still can't get it to run today on my Mustang.

I haven't tried the Lincoln yet today - we were in the Lincoln using my wife's phone though this morning and she couldn't use Sync to run a vehicle health report (it said her phone wasn't active on the account yet syncmyride showed hers as the primary). I changed it and added my phone number as primary on the log in for the account we used for that - still having the same issues with the request for "services" getting cut off and back to the radio.
Old 07-09-2015, 04:14 PM
Epona
1st Gear Member

I had to clear out all the phones connected, then readd my phone before it would work after I updated it.
Old 07-09-2015, 06:51 PM
JimC

Drove the Lincoln tonight - even though my wife's phone is listed on the account, no way to connect with Sync. Switched it to my phone, and all the Sync capability was there. But still won't work in the Mustang.

Guess it's back to the dealer tomorrow to see if they can fix it.
Old 07-10-2015, 10:15 AM
JimC

Whitney or Rebecca - if I understand the Syncmyride page correctly, we can add both phones with one as the primary. Then all the phones that are added should work with Sync, correct? So why won't it work with my wife's phone?

And this morning Sync was working properly in my my Mustang

Quick Reply: Ford Sync Update: About time...