Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Raxiom Navigation from AmericanMuscle...

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2015, 08:29 AM
dseg
1st Gear Member

Default Raxiom Navigation from AmericanMuscle...

So I got the Raxiom navigation from American Muscle and I am having a problem and a few questions.

System installed fine, everything worked. Looked great.
Yesterday I got a call while listening to Pandora through Sync and after I received the call, my system turned off and went into a constant reboot. It would display the Raxiom logo and show the background for a second or two and immediately start another reboot. I took it all apart later that night to check wires, etc.

Went to work today and it was fine. Booted the first time.
On the way to work, received a call. Constant reboot again.

Called American Muscle and they gave me a Rosen number (makers of software?) but the phone just rings and rings...

Anyone have this problem before? I want the system but I don't want to reinstall my old system, wait for AM to receive broken one, then wait to have them send a new one for install... Too much work and time on my end.

For those of you that have it, if you listen to a FM radio station. Should it display the title/song the radio is playing? Mine doesn't and I thought it would.

Also, if you listen to the navigation turn-by-turns does it only voice out of the driver side speaker?
Old 06-05-2015, 10:38 AM
BlindGUYnAR
2nd Gear Member

I've read a few posts that refer to running an app and getting a ph call freezes up the system. Most are hoping for a firmware update to be released to resolve it. Don't know the answers to your other questions.

I'm waiting for that firmware release and a post confirming the nav antenna will work mounted under the dash rather than outside the car.
Old 06-05-2015, 10:45 AM
dseg
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by BlindGUYnAR
I've read a few posts that refer to running an app and getting a ph call freezes up the system. Most are hoping for a firmware update to be released to resolve it. Don't know the answers to your other questions.

I'm waiting for that firmware release and a post confirming the nav antenna will work mounted under the dash rather than outside the car.
Do you remember where you read it?
I can't find anything on this system.
American Muscle has not been really helpful.
They keep telling my to call this number but no one picked up in two days.
Old 06-05-2015, 12:08 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Recommend you read these posts. Few guys there have installed the system and have worked out all the kinks.

http://themustangsource.com/forums/f...536364/index6/
Old 06-08-2015, 11:27 AM
AMAlexLazarus
Former Sponsor

dseg - Sorry to hear about the trouble and for the delay, I was offsite at Carlisle Ford Nationals this weekend and it's looking like TPony got you some help on this. Drop me a line if there's anything I can help out with.

Alex
Old 06-11-2015, 12:46 PM
dseg
1st Gear Member

I finally got the new nav system from AM.
Installed fine just like the previous one.
It did not go in the boot loop yet but I have not been using the SYNC yet.
Only been using the radio to see if it freezes or boot loops without an iPhone connected.
If it is fine for a day, I'll connect my SYNC and see if it has the same problem.

One thing I did notice is that "Nav" button sticks when pressed and the "Display" button is just hard to press. Pretty annoying and may just return it, it seems the quality control on these systems is not very high. Not sure if I want to go through the process of getting another system...

Also, when you use the touch screen it "beeps" and the beep sound on this system is very weak.
Not like the last system, it had a strong ackknowleable "beep" but this system sounds like a weak battery dying "beep." Idk, just another thing.

Last edited by dseg; 06-11-2015 at 12:55 PM.
Old 06-11-2015, 01:24 PM
Epona
1st Gear Member

I have the Raxiom Nav, and when I first installed it, the first day or two it worked great. Then when I tried to use the navigation or call a few days later it kept restarting the entire system nonstop like you said yours did. The next day I started messing with it so I could give a more detailed message to AM, but it worked fine. I pushed all sorts of button combinations to see if it would mess up, but it didn't. Haven't had an issue since. No idea what happened or how it fixed itself, but was pretty strange.

As far as the FM radio displaying songs, I got it to display the station/genre by tapping the blank space above the preset buttons, but no song display that I'm aware of.

Originally Posted by BlindGUYnAR

My antenna is inside the car on the dash on the far corner passenger side, and it works great. Never had any problems getting a signal. It's not secured as it's not that big and doesn't move and is actually inconspicuous unless you look for it, but I'm not sure about UNDER the dash. I'll move it and check for you though. If it does work, it'll clean up the look a lil bit for me anyways, if not, it's not bad where it is. I just didn't want it on the outside of my car as I feel it kind of looks tacky that way.
Old 06-12-2015, 12:53 PM
dseg
1st Gear Member

Just an update.
So since the second unit has buttons that don't work and an embarrasing "beep" that sounds like it's running out of batteries. I figured I would put the old unit back in with the new wiring from the new unit. For some reason the old unit didn't go into a boot loop. Yay!
Worked fine for a day, now it boot loops...
Guess both of these units are going back to AM, unless they want to send me a third unit...
Sucks, I had to drill a hole in my license plate for the rear camera too...