Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brembo brake rebuild info and parts

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2015, 07:58 PM
Ricardo
3rd Gear Member

Default Brembo brake rebuild info and parts

I had to rebuild a set of 4 piston Brembos due to damaged pistons and since there's very little information on Mustang Brembos here is what I found.

Piston size: 44mmx29.5mm and 40mmx29.5mm.
Stoptech sells these. You can snag them from zeckhausen.com. Dave the owner is extremely helpful.
GM also sells a piston replacement kit for the Camaro SS for $50 that fits Mustang Brembos perfectly. Only difference is Mustang Brembos have hollow pistons, Camaro Brembos have solid pistons.
Racingbrake.com sells stainless steel upgrades for the Camaro SS that should fit. I did not buy this kit but they are the same size.
DO NOT BUY CENTRIC PISTONS listed as replacements! These are 32mm long and not correct!!!
Centric sells the pressure seal and dust seal replacement kit and this fits.

I'm on mobile so will provide part #'s and websites tomorrow. It's disapointing that Brembo support is absolutely dismal and Ford won't give us a piston replacement kit and GM does for the Camaro. Especially since pistons can be damaged and require replacement.

Any input is appreciated. Thanks everyone!
Old 06-14-2015, 02:25 AM
R1nStang
2nd Gear Member

highly interested in a part number if you can help me. i bought some Brembo 4 pistons off a 2011 GT500 a few weeks ago and the post office destroyed the box. looking at one of the brakes i noticed that the smaller connecting pipe that runs the fluid from one side to the other got bent. Any clue where i can order a replacement? Brembo was no help, they told me to contact one of their authorized dealers....I did over a week ago and never heard a word back from them. No leaks from the pipe, but i would still prefer to replace it
Old 06-16-2015, 07:05 PM
Ricardo
3rd Gear Member

My apologies on taking so long to reply. Give racingbrake.com a call and they might be able to help out. They have the crossover tubes that fit Brembos. Mustang and Camaro front Brembos share the same parts except the inner casting (two piece) where the hub mounting is different.

For reference the Mustang Brembos are E-Family 4 piston, type 2.

After receiving Centric, Stoptech, and GM replacement pistons in the mail, the GM is the exact fit. Centric is too long and I wouldn't even try, Stoptech is 1mm shorter than stock but will work, and GM pistons were exactly the same dimensions.

The GM piston replacement kit is AC Delco part # 92244294. The kit includes both pistons and pressure seals for 1 front Brembo caliper. Never thought GM would come in handy for the Mustang. Ford customer service reps take note...YOU ARE SLACKING!!!
Old 06-16-2015, 10:51 PM
R1nStang
2nd Gear Member

much appriciated man! ill give them a shout as soon as i can
Old 06-18-2015, 08:25 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by Ricardo
My apologies on taking so long to reply. Give racingbrake.com a call and they might be able to help out. They have the crossover tubes that fit Brembos. Mustang and Camaro front Brembos share the same parts except the inner casting (two piece) where the hub mounting is different.

For reference the Mustang Brembos are E-Family 4 piston, type 2.

After receiving Centric, Stoptech, and GM replacement pistons in the mail, the GM is the exact fit. Centric is too long and I wouldn't even try, Stoptech is 1mm shorter than stock but will work, and GM pistons were exactly the same dimensions.

The GM piston replacement kit is AC Delco part # 92244294. The kit includes both pistons and pressure seals for 1 front Brembo caliper. Never thought GM would come in handy for the Mustang. Ford customer service reps take note...YOU ARE SLACKING!!!
Hello Ricardo,

I have no PMs from you, so not sure how I missed you. In the future, if you’re looking for parts be sure to speak with your parts department at your Ford Dealer. You can also check out Ford Performance Racing Parts or our Ford Parts sites. They may come in handy.

Deysha