Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Airbag Recall

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2016, 04:24 PM
Art161
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JimC
The previous recall was a simple programming job. This recall is a replacement and programming issue.
Jim, I don't think so. The passenger airbag recall several years ago was just a programming issue.

This is the recall I had performed on the driver side airbag in January 2015.

Performed 14B09 recall as per Ford instructions. De-powered SRS system. Removed air bag fuse 17 10 amp at smart junction box and verified air bag light is illuminated. Removed driver side air bag assembly. Removed and installed new air bag deflator, reinstalled air bag assembly. Reinstalled fuse. Re-power SRS and verified no air bag warning lights are present.

I'm still waiting for parts for the recall that, IIRC, was issued in May 2015.

There are so many airbag recalls that it is difficult to keep track of them.
Old 04-07-2016, 09:53 PM
blchandl2

A 17 year old girl was killed this week in Richmond, Tx due to a Takata airbag module from the recall. Honda has replacements parts. I am still waiting to get my Mustang repaired. Seems Ford is lagging behind on getting parts. Chrysler owners in the area are getting their cars fixed. My dealer just laughs when I call and ask when I can get my car repaired.

This will probably be my last Ford.
Old 04-07-2016, 10:30 PM
jwog666
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by blchandl2
A 17 year old girl was killed this week in Richmond, Tx due to a Takata airbag module from the recall. Honda has replacements parts. I am still waiting to get my Mustang repaired. Seems Ford is lagging behind on getting parts. Chrysler owners in the area are getting their cars fixed. My dealer just laughs when I call and ask when I can get my car repaired.

This will probably be my last Ford.
sigh, ford doesnt make these parts, takata does, so ford has to wait for takata to make them and send them out. nothing like blaming the middle man for a problem caused my the part producer. takata makes air bag inflators for almost everyone fyi
Old 04-08-2016, 07:11 AM
blchandl2

Originally Posted by jwog666
sigh, ford doesnt make these parts, takata does, so ford has to wait for takata to make them and send them out. nothing like blaming the middle man for a problem caused my the part producer. takata makes air bag inflators for almost everyone fyi

SIGH, I know Ford does not make the parts. I am frustrated with the dealer in the way they are handling it. They are holding parts for their "preferred" customers.

Nothing like thinking you are smarter than everyone else on the 'innerwebs'.
Old 04-08-2016, 07:59 AM
jwog666
5th Gear Member

the dealer isnt holding parts for anybody, unless they came in and were put on the ordered parts list before you. settle down and wait like a big boy, instead of crying like a child. this recall sucks for everyone. but takata is to blame, not ford, not the dealer, not the ford engineers, takata is. not smarter than everyone.......just some apparently
Old 04-08-2016, 11:05 AM
potman
3rd Gear Member

So what are you supposed to do? Not drive the car?

It's been about a year since I got my recall notice. Ford could have engineered and manufactured their own replacement airbag in that time. I'm seeing that Ford doesn't really care about my safety now that they already made the sale. Shrapnel if my bag explodes? Really? That's not a pressing issue with Ford? I won't be buying another Ford until they resolve this issue.

Would someone from Ford answer to this?

Last edited by potman; 04-08-2016 at 11:11 AM.
Old 04-08-2016, 11:27 AM
jwog666
5th Gear Member

lets see.........19million takata air bags to be recalled across many manufactuers, less than 20 deaths contributed to the inflators. i think the odds are in your favor, so does the NTSB. relax, you will prob die from cheeseburgers first. as far as ford not caring, bullchit. takata screwed the pooch, takata is going to have to take care of it. why should ford spend YEARS of R and D to engineer air bag inflators. and build a facility to produce them, if they arent at fault? try to stay grounded in reality shall we?
Old 04-08-2016, 01:32 PM
Art161
4th Gear Member

I have no evidence whatsoever to support this. I have a suspicious mind. Why do I think that if I traded my Mustang in for another Ford, the Mustang would be sitting on the dealer's used car lot, ready for sale with the recall done, within a week?
Old 04-08-2016, 02:46 PM
jwog666
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Art161
I have no evidence whatsoever to support this. I have a suspicious mind. Why do I think that if I traded my Mustang in for another Ford, the Mustang would be sitting on the dealer's used car lot, ready for sale with the recall done, within a week?
if the dealer has the parts in stock, they are REQUIRED to fix any car that comes in with an open recall that has the S designation in the recall number. the air bag inflators are released to dealers in limited quantities, and dealers arent allowed to deny repairs so they can stock pile parts on the off chance that they might get a mustang in on trade. there are people waiting for these parts, those people get served first, its simple. remember......the dealership doesnt pay for any of this, ford does, the dealer gets paid from ford to perform these recalls, the dealer wants to get paid, sitting on parts doesnt get you paid.
Old 04-08-2016, 05:00 PM
potman
3rd Gear Member

So how will the re-sell value of a car not repaired be affected? Am I allowed to even sell the car with a known defect? I disagree, the airbag supplier is a subcontractor for Ford, as such Ford is liable.

This is really starting to **** me off. Why do corporations in this country have all the protections and the consumers have none? It's our God damned corporate bought and paid for government that's why.

I'll agree, the air bag manufacturer messed up, but that does not absolve Ford of liability. I have no recourse through the airbag manufacturer. If I have an accident Ford will be the one I sue. In fact I should go ahead and initiate a suit. If I have an accident and the airbag kills me, Ford lawyers will say I knew about the defect so why was I driving the car? So I'll sue for deprivation of property since I cannot drive it without risking death. I'm assuming re-sell value will be affected even if I can sell the car. I cannot drive the car because of the defect Ford refuses to fix.... Ford is weighing the cost of my life with what they will have to spend to fix the car. And to Ford, my life is not worth it. To hell with Ford.

Exploding Pinto, here we go again.

Last edited by potman; 04-08-2016 at 05:08 PM.

Quick Reply: Airbag Recall