Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about selling inTune tuner

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2015, 10:43 AM
MADSCOTSMAN
2nd Gear Member

Default Question about selling inTune tuner

So I have a Diablo inTune and an ARIAID CAI that I removed from my 13' GT before trading it in. I plan to try to sell them here on the classifieds (Cannot use it on my 2012 Rs3) in the near future. I returned my 13' to stock so the tuner is unlocked, but I seem to remember providing BAMA with the code off my ECM before they sent me any of the tunes. Is there something else I need to do to the tuner to prevent any issues/headaches for a prospective buyer or do I just need to remove the custom tunes from the device somehow with my PC before selling it??

TIA
Old 06-16-2015, 11:01 AM
Mike@DiabloSport
Former Sponsor

As long as you restored the stock tune its unlocked
Old 06-16-2015, 02:27 PM
AMAlexLazarus
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by MADSCOTSMAN
So I have a Diablo inTune and an ARIAID CAI that I removed from my 13' GT before trading it in. I plan to try to sell them here on the classifieds (Cannot use it on my 2012 Rs3) in the near future. I returned my 13' to stock so the tuner is unlocked, but I seem to remember providing BAMA with the code off my ECM before they sent me any of the tunes. Is there something else I need to do to the tuner to prevent any issues/headaches for a prospective buyer or do I just need to remove the custom tunes from the device somehow with my PC before selling it??

TIA
Originally Posted by Mike@DiabloSport
MadScotts - Looks like the man himself beat me to it and got you some help on this! If you're to have any other questions don't hesitate to let either of us know and we're here to help!

Alex
Old 06-16-2015, 02:43 PM
Choppertwo
3rd Gear Member

Smile

Originally Posted by Mike@DiabloSport
nice responces, I didn't know how UNLOCKED tuner worked, now I do, sooo if I decide to purchace another mustang, like a GT, I would be able to load the proper tune into my Bama tuner, as long as I returned my first vehikle back to stock? NICE
Old 06-17-2015, 07:24 PM
MADSCOTSMAN
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for the responses, I knew how to unpair the device by restoring my car to the stock tune. My concern lies in why we aren't able to remove the car completely from the device especially in my case where the car is gone.
My old VIN still shows on the device even though it is unlocked. I plugged it into my 2012 RS3 just to get the power to remove all the custom tunes and I still see my old VIN in the device although it is unlocked.
My tuner can be used on ANY vehicle but not sure why I don't have the ability to wipe the car completely from the device?!?! Paid 400+ for a device that requires a "secret" password that I don't have access to, WTF!!!!!!!

Alex,

Does BAMA tune ROUSH cars? I have heard the ROUSH tune on my car is pretty mild from Roush to prevent any DUMBA$$ from putting 86 octane in it, or otherwise blowing it up. I planned on selling this inTune and my AIRAID CAI and possibly getting a JLT CAI with an SCT tuner, then possibly messing with a different pulley and exhaust.
Old 06-23-2015, 09:55 AM
Mike@DiabloSport
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by MADSCOTSMAN
Thanks for the responses, I knew how to unpair the device by restoring my car to the stock tune. My concern lies in why we aren't able to remove the car completely from the device especially in my case where the car is gone.
My old VIN still shows on the device even though it is unlocked. I plugged it into my 2012 RS3 just to get the power to remove all the custom tunes and I still see my old VIN in the device although it is unlocked.
My tuner can be used on ANY vehicle but not sure why I don't have the ability to wipe the car completely from the device?!?! Paid 400+ for a device that requires a "secret" password that I don't have access to, WTF!!!!!!!

Alex,

Does BAMA tune ROUSH cars? I have heard the ROUSH tune on my car is pretty mild from Roush to prevent any DUMBA$$ from putting 86 octane in it, or otherwise blowing it up. I planned on selling this inTune and my AIRAID CAI and possibly getting a JLT CAI with an SCT tuner, then possibly messing with a different pulley and exhaust.
The stored VIN is not affecting anything, once the stock tune is restored its unlocked, nothing to worry about.

FWIW, we support quite a few different Roush cals, if you can get the cal I can confirm if the intune will work for you.

Thanks