Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Transmission on backorder?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2015, 10:27 PM
Andy13186
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jwog666
as a ford tech, i can say we have been doing nothing about takata air bags, this recall involves so many manufacturers that it will take years to complete (release from takata), and the install, when parts are finally available, will be no different than installing a takata airbag, the changes will all have to do with the explosive propellant. the backordered trans parts are on backorder because getrag cant produce them fast enough to build new units and repair the old ones at the same time. at work we jokingly refer to this as "intergalactic backorder"
I am pretty upset about how long of a backorder it is.

Also, I just visited my car thats been in the shop for 11 days, and I found that it was sitting out in the rain with the hood unlatched, battery disconnected and drivers side door not fully closed with the window down slightly since the battery was disconnected. Horrible to see that they were going to leave it like that for ~45 days.

Also, the rental they gave me has a leaking tire that ive had to fill 3 times allready.

Whats the best thing i could do? How can i get them to make this right or better for me? Do you think a dealer would lend me a mustang to drive until they fix my broken one?
Old 06-20-2015, 10:51 PM
jwog666
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Andy13186
I am pretty upset about how long of a backorder it is.

Also, I just visited my car thats been in the shop for 11 days, and I found that it was sitting out in the rain with the hood unlatched, battery disconnected and drivers side door not fully closed with the window down slightly since the battery was disconnected. Horrible to see that they were going to leave it like that for ~45 days.

Also, the rental they gave me has a leaking tire that ive had to fill 3 times allready.

Whats the best thing i could do? How can i get them to make this right or better for me? Do you think a dealer would lend me a mustang to drive until they fix my broken one?
loan you a mustang? not a chance. they know how people drive them, does drive it like you rented it ring any bells? i would jack them up about the window being left open and get them to do a full detail of the interior and exterior, its the least they could do for letting it get full of water. and bring back the loaner and tell them u either want a different one or that they need to fix that tire asap. the dealer can do nothing about parts backorder, trust me i am never happy about it either, i want to get the customers car fixed as fast as possible, correctly, the first time. i cant imagine they want anything less.
Old 06-22-2015, 07:08 AM
BrazenStang
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by CubanoGT
CA lemon law states after 30 days u can have a claim for a new car....
So does my state, DE, but its wayyyyy more complicated than that. My dealership has gone above and beyond in working with me. They are the reason that I haven't sold the car or filed for Lemon Law. Obviously, not every dealership is this great to work with as ANDY has found out.
Old 06-24-2015, 11:09 AM
CubanoGT
2nd Gear Member

After complaining to ford customer service, I get a call from my dealer telling me ford deemed my car safe to drive until the transmission comes.. So I guess I'm picking up my car today until some time middle of next month.. Not really the outcome I wanted...

Last edited by CubanoGT; 06-24-2015 at 11:17 AM.
Old 06-25-2015, 02:13 PM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

After complaining to ford customer service, I get a call from my dealer telling me ford deemed my car safe to drive until the transmission comes.. So I guess I'm picking up my car today until some time middle of next month.. Not really the outcome I wanted...
Be sure to address this with your CSM, CubanoGT.

Deysha
Old 06-25-2015, 08:50 PM
CubanoGT
2nd Gear Member

Thank you so much deysha, I'll speak to her.
Old 06-26-2015, 08:38 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Thank you so much deysha, I'll speak to her.
You're very welcome, CubanoGT!!

Deysha