Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 10-20-2015, 10:42 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Exterior
Print Wikipost

Rear-View Cam/Screen (Where Radio Currently Is) Installation

Old 07-02-2015, 08:26 PM
Najsinger

Thumbs up Rear-View Cam/Screen (Where Radio Currently Is) Installation

Hey guys,

I'm hoping you all can give me some insight into if what I would like to do is possible. I have a 2010 Mustang Convertible. It does not have the installed "Screen" (it is where my radio controls are that I'm talking about). What I would like is to be able to gut that radio and replace it with a screen; PART II...all of this essentially is for the goal of installing a rear-view camera, that I then want to show up on the aforementioned screen. Is this possible? I've seen models of rear-views where the screen was located on the rearview mirror; I think it's incredibly too small and would like to, as I said, place the screen in the "radio" spot in the car.

Hope this makes sense!
Old 07-02-2015, 08:58 PM
Epona
1st Gear Member

I have this Raxiom Touchscreen Nav which comes with a back up camera and other goodies. Some people have had issues with it, but it works fine for me. If you don't want all the nav or sync options, there are much cheaper options out there you could find for just a screen and back up camera. So yes, it is possible and shouldn't be hard to find at all. Prices will depend on what kind of other features you want with it.
Old 07-02-2015, 09:20 PM
Najsinger

Originally Posted by Epona
I have this Raxiom Touchscreen Nav which comes with a back up camera and other goodies. Some people have had issues with it, but it works fine for me. If you don't want all the nav or sync options, there are much cheaper options out there you could find for just a screen and back up camera. So yes, it is possible and shouldn't be hard to find at all. Prices will depend on what kind of other features you want with it.
Thank You!!!