Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

want to lower my car

Old 07-09-2015, 01:46 PM
CPTCO
5th Gear Member

I installed P springs about ten days ago. Dropped the car around 3/4 of an inch, it will probably settle some.
The ride quality actually seems better than stock. Handle better too.
Old 07-09-2015, 03:07 PM
harleycharlie

Originally Posted by CPTCO
I installed P springs about ten days ago. Dropped the car around 3/4 of an inch, it will probably settle some.
The ride quality actually seems better than stock. Handle better too.
been looking at "ground force" springs. lower the car a tad more than an inch, and come with camber bolts, AND made in america! I like that! A little more money, but I do believe that you get what you pay for. (to a point!)
Old 07-09-2015, 09:40 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

These UPR springs are made by Eibach to the same spec as Eiback Pro Kit springs.

http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-e...prings-05.html

They are a nice match with these Strange 10-way shocks and struts. They work well in a straight line and in the corners, but they still have a nice ride.

http://www.uprproducts.com/strange-m...-strut-11.html
http://www.uprproducts.com/strange-m...-shock-05.html
Old 07-11-2015, 07:28 AM
GLOCKer
2nd Gear Member

I went with Eibach Sportline springs. They have a nice aggressive stance, ride relatively comfortably, and I was able to reuse my shocks (new car). I went with the Eibach Sportline springs after looking at a friend's car with the same springs (2014 Mustang). He's since changed up a little and sold the 2014 for a 2012 BOSS 302, and he put Eibach Sportline on that car with 20" Forgestar F14s. It looks ridiculous good! And if it's anything to consider, the day we installed the Eibach Sportline springs on my car, we UNINSTALLED Ford Racing springs from another club member's car and put Eibach Sportline springs on his car too!!!

My car with the Eibach Sportlines:

My buddy's car with Eibach Sportlines:

Old 07-11-2015, 09:03 AM
harleycharlie

^ both of those look really good! What size tire do you have on yours? 19?
Old 07-11-2015, 07:59 PM
harleycharlie

I just ordered the Eiback sportline springs with the Koni front shocks Seem like a good combination of good looks, better handling, and still acceptable ride quality. Guess we will find out. The shocks are on back order for 4 weeks. I'm not sure about my ability to hold out that long, once I get the itch, I go for it, but I don't want to do it twice. We'll see.
Old 07-11-2015, 11:40 PM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

Only front shocks? Nothing for the rear? Find an adjustable panhard bar too. You'll need it.

I prefer an adjustable shock but I have heard good things about the Koni's.
Old 07-12-2015, 10:57 AM
harleycharlie

Originally Posted by Simon1
Only front shocks? Nothing for the rear? Find an adjustable panhard bar too. You'll need it.

I'm a little light on funds right now, (paid cash for the car!) so I will get the rears in a few weeks, Got the fronts because of them being struts, and only want to do the job once. (putting in the springs). Not too interested in doing the other links, this is a driver, not a racer, so I just wanted to lower it a bit, so I don't get any more nose bleeds, due to altitude!
Old 07-12-2015, 11:02 AM
harleycharlie

Originally Posted by Simon1

why will I need the panhard rod?
Old 07-12-2015, 02:00 PM
GLOCKer
2nd Gear Member

The panhard bar centers the rear axle between the wheel wells. For our cars at the distance you're lowering it and how you're going to be driving it, it's going to be a purely esthetic thing. The tire will stick out a little more on one side of the car than the other without it. I purchased mine when I bought my springs, but it was several months before I had an opportunity to get mine installed. Here is the link to the panhard bar that I went with based on recommendations from other owners: http://www.americanmuscle.com/bmr-adj-panhard-0512.html. It's relatively easy to install, and I recommend this one because of the single point of adjustment. Once installed, tape a credit card to the outside of each fender, and adjust it until the tires are equal distance from their respective credit card.

My wheels are BOSS 302 take-offs; 19x9 up front and 19x9.5 out back. I can't remember the tire sizes right now. My friend with the Competition Orange BOSS 302 is running 20x11 wheels on the rear of his car with the same Eibach springs and the same BMR panhard bar that's on my car.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: want to lower my car